Slightly lumpy idle

nitrdc2

Reaction score
Hi all,

Been getting a lumpy idle as of late on my 08 s3 not the usual fluctuation of 500 revs just a slight blip kind of like a slight misfire but it's really hesitant to fire up with the turn of the key on the morning. Once it warms up its generally alright. It's going for a service next week with audi so would it be worth them getting it on a scanner or would I be throwing cash away? There isn't any warning. Lights coming up and no basic codes being thrown.

Just wondering if this could be a maf/breather pipe related issue. I recently changed the plugs to he reccomeded iridium people on here use and also changed the coil packs to the r8 red tops. To be noted that the problem was evident before the change but seems to be getting more noticeable.

Cheers

What mileage? The symptoms mostly point to carbon build up. You could try replacing the front PCV valve also which is cheap and easy to fit.

Just ticked over 73k had the pcv replaced 6 months ago, also changed the dv to an oem rev g.

My car was hard to start in the morning and after leaving for more than 7 hours. Changed from She'll V-Power to Esso Supreme and starts fine every time since. Worth a try if ur using V-Power at present mate