new s3 spec ideas?

lenny151

Reaction score
hello everyone

looking to get a new s3 was just wondering what specs everyone has and what is worth having as what isn't worth having,

look forward to seeing some replies?

thanks

That's a difficult question as most car's on here have all different specifications,to be honest it's all down to what you afford simple as that.My signature tells you my spec as does most members

Ps Comfort Package and Privacy Glass are mandatory the rest of it is all down to personel taste

Mmm.. Why would you say Privacy Glass is mandatory.? Many on here have said they don't like it and/or don't see the point. I think different shades between front and back spoil the look of the car.
Agree with Comfort pack though - good value. Many like ACC as well.
High beam assist is good for not much money as well.
Another thread on this only yesterday....
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/opitons-new-build-help.249497/

Mmm.. Why would you say Privacy Glass is mandatory.? Many on here have said they don't like it and/or don't see the point. I think different shades between front and back spoil the look of the car.
Agree with Comfort pack though - good value. Many like ACC as well.
High beam assist is good for not much money as well.
Another thread on this only yesterday....
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/opitons-new-build-help.249497/
Just my opinion the privacy glass disguise's the 2 rear Windows with the BSP and highlights the chrome trim far better on NON Bsp car's it also looks great alongside the panroof
2015 07 24 12 50 07 264011997
Images

I really don't like privacy glass, which is a real shame as it's on the car I'm collecting next week. lol

hello everyone

looking to get a new s3 was just wondering what specs everyone has and what is worth having as what isn't worth having,

look forward to seeing some replies?

thanks

To be fair i think you probably have a list of "must have's" from previous cars - the main thing for me is I have thing's i've had in the past and really wouldn't want to live without. Beyond that most things come down to personal opinion. Generally on here if you've a budget the Xenon's are well worth sticking with rather than going for the LED option. Audi Sound System worth it full stop but if you're seriously into music then the B&O. I went for the Pano roof as i've not had one before so wanted to differentiate the car a bit more. If you've always had a manual then possibly no point going for s-tronic, but if you're a convert like me then s-tronic is a must and as I understand also makes things like adaptive cruise control come into their own.

Ps Comfort Package and Privacy Glass are mandatory the rest of it is all down to personel taste
One of the reason I stuck with an A3 over a Golf is than to get the 184 engine in a Golf it had to be the GTD version which has privacy glass as standard. Privacy glass to me makes the car look more like a van and I hate it. At least Audi give us the option.

Yeah I know, but it was a good deal and available now. I dislike privacy glass quite strongly as it makes a car look a bit like a van or at least a drug dealers car, but not enough to not get a good deal.

Yeah I know, but it was a good deal and available now. I dislike privacy glass quite strongly as it makes a car look a bit like a van or at least a drug dealers car, but not enough to not get a good deal.
To me, if the car is not exactly what I want, then it would not be a good deal.

Agreed, but unfortunately to be able to get an S3 I had to make a few compromises as I just couldn't afford the spec I really wanted. So this was cheaper than a factory order, better spec'd, available now rather than a 3 month wait which meant I benefitted from £1,000 more for my current car. This all added up to me having a S3 rather than not. :)

Reactions: Bristle Hound, Muttley75 and Jassyo06
Never really thought my S3 looked like a van..lol most cars on the road have it, so a lot peeps must like it.?

Now l here you folks that dont like Privacy Glass fair enough,but l cant understand ACC.........**** me it must be a real boring drive with that activated.....

Never really thought my S3 looked like a van..lol most cars on the road have it, so a lot peeps must like it.?

Now l here you folks that dont like Privacy Glass fair enough,but l cant understand ACC.........**** me it must be a real boring drive with that activated.....
I only ever use my ACC is traffic queues and through speed restricted roadworks. Never for normal driving as it definitely become a bit boring and you end up driving the ACC rather than the car.

Agreed, but unfortunately to be able to get an S3 I had to make a few compromises as I just couldn't afford the spec I really wanted. So this was cheaper than a factory order, better spec'd, available now rather than a 3 month wait which meant I benefitted from £1,000 more for my current car. This all added up to me having a S3 rather than not. :)

l took a pre built factory order which was cancelled by a customer,it didnt have the interior light pack, of which was top of my own optons list,but l got everything else on it l wanted,yeah you made the right choice........you will learn to love privacy glass...........lol

Think my top options are ss seats, B+O, Panam roof and lighting pack not to bothered about privacy glass as you can get that done at a later date and also you can get cruise e control fitted later on too which I don't really drive on long roads motorways etc

Last edited:
I think privacy glass / tinted windows are a nice touch and always do my best to buy a car with them on. It adds a touch of class I feel.

Reactions: Jassyo06
I think your right as I seen a saloon that's still for sale and it lets the car down a bit because it hasn't got it

I think your right as I seen a saloon that's still for sale and it lets the car down a bit because it hasn't got it

Factory fitted Privacy Glass has a lustre and transparency that after market tints cant match.
lf you chose the Comfort Pack? you get standard Cruise Control for free,you also get rear parking sensors for free and the front parking sensors for less money. Supersport seats are lovely to look at, but dont offer much more support over the standard seats,if l had to buy a S3 again the Magride box would be ticked.

Factory fitted Privacy Glass has a lustre and transparency that after market tints cant match.
lf you chose the Comfort Pack? you get standard Cruise Control for free,you also get rear parking sensors for free and the front parking sensors for less money. Supersport seats are lovely to look at, but dont offer much more support over the standard seats,if l had to buy a S3 again the Magride box would be ticked.

I currently have the buckets/wingbacks in my s3 now so I will probably miss them even though there not the comfiest of seats an they look so much better than standard that's the reason I would go for the ss seats.

Saloon? Hatch? SB?
Sepang works with either chrome or black but I'd go BSP, Privacy and carbon mirrors. Don't bother with black interior pack - the inlays are tiny so not worth it, and the brushed brightens things up. Panroof is lovely if having a saloon or SB. Basic Nav works well for me. Luggage (storage) pack is good value. Standard wheels are the best IMHO.

Red calipers?

Will be sportback, will be wanting pan roof as my current sportback has it and I will miss it so definitely will be wanting that, not too bothered about the callipers, I like the black inlays but really gets on my nerves when you get fingerprints etc on them, whats the price of the carbon mirrors?

Saloon? Hatch? SB?
Sepang works with either chrome or black but I'd go BSP, Privacy and carbon mirrors. Don't bother with black interior pack - the inlays are tiny so not worth it, and the brushed brightens things up. Panroof is lovely if having a saloon or SB. Basic Nav works well for me. Luggage (storage) pack is good value. Standard wheels are the best IMHO.

Red calipers?

…….

Carbon mirrors ? Didn't see that as an option ,that would look nice on my Daytona grey ...
Is it an option or after market

Will be sportback, will be wanting pan roof as my current sportback has it and I will miss it so definitely will be wanting that, not too bothered about the callipers, I like the black inlays but really gets on my nerves when you get fingerprints etc on them, whats the price of the carbon mirrors?

Carbon mirrors ? Didn't see that as an option ,that would look nice on my Daytona grey ...
Is it an option or after market

They are about £365 per pair. They are not available as an option but are a genuine Audi product sold by main dealers as an RS item.

Ahh, interesting... Think with Daytona grey they will look cool...
Tks

Am I the only person on here that doesn't like the black edition? I much prefer the shinny bits... Much like a magpie me :)

I like the shiny bits , but those carbon covers are something special...
Not sure I would spend that much , but do like them...

You need to make your own mind up. As you've already found there are no must haves for every one.

I like the black pack but think it makes it look like a a3

Haha nothing just if you have a s3 you want it to look like something abit different

Reactions: Blackwhite
A3 has the silver bits though? What do you mean? Isn't the S3 same front end as an s line?

Yep they have some but not all what the s3 has to my knowledge useless somebody knows says/knows different.