Facelift RS3?

Like i said the dealer was coming back with £3000 deposit and £520 standard car (£41,000) for every £1000 of extra's he said would be £25 more per month! I had £7000 worth of extra's. So that actually makes it around £695...

Ok, so if it costs £25 per £1000 of extras, that means the GMV is fixed because no other permutation gives that rate. To get down to £600 a month with a £3k Dealer deposit and no deposit of your own, you can specify about £3800 of options (Paint, Perf Pack, Black Alloys, Black styling pack and black roof rails).

Not sure if this is the right forum thread for this discussion though!

Edit: what really kicks you in the teeth is the 6.8% interest rate. Interest rates are at an historic low, so 6.8 is relatively high. Each 1% of interest equates to about £14 per month. See if you can haggle on that rate!

Last edited:
Also, in my opinion, it is worth the money. I looked at an S3 but it sounds a bit flat compared to an RS3 and lets face it, it's the sound that we all want :)

Put it this way, you'd be marrying Wilma, but dreaming of Betty...

I don't understand all the excitment about all aluminium block and internals shaving to reduce overall weight. It is common sense that aluminium termal resistance is worst that steel. So it is good to reduce weight but worst if you like to abuse the car or are considering to increase the power level in the near future.

The chassis is the same, when the new Tiguan goes now on the MQB A2.

Gearbox seems to be the same.

So no big changes for me. I will be enjoying it now and after the new model. Till there, happy waiting :tongueclosed::tongueclosed::tongueclosed:

Last edited:
Reactions: Snake Pliskin
Depends what you call very soon lol and what are you categorising as 'massive' improvements as nothing is official for the RS3 yet :tearsofjoy::laughing:
We know it will have the general revisions as per the A3/S3 a la virtual dash / lights / paint & can guess the revised engine will likely feature but thats it.
The steering wheel will be TTRS specific as that design is as the mark III generic TT steering wheel.
If I were in the market now for an RS3 I would wait though ... why would you not ?
Only big question is as noted, you could be waiting ages for official news on the car and then delivery months later, most likely 2017.
IMO the changes are VERY cosmetic and will hardly change the car at all - but I will likely still order another one myself in a couple of years as I can't see anything else for this money and overall package beating it :sunglasses:

He's here to wind us up, every post is knocking the "old" car. What have I done it's ****** ***** :tearsofjoy:

TX.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think with the TTRS now announced the next car Audi will focus on will be the new RS3 so all the range is complete.
Audi will not leave it long as people will get bored and turn to other manufactures for an alternative. I'm sure we will hear news very soon.

I'm hanging on and waiting. Like I said earlier I've found a dealer with a build slot of June but I'd be stupid to order the old car when the new one will be on the way and let's face it 2017 is round the corner......kind of

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Radman
Good luck cause the feedback coming is no rs3 facelift certainly not this year and poss no sportback only saloon late 2017..

Good luck cause the feedback coming is no rs3 facelift certainly not this year and poss no sportback only saloon late 2017..

They will do a sportsback as that is their main selling car in the uk.
Be stupid to rush out now and order the old one when I'm in no rush and happy to wait for the car.

Been sensing an awful lot of negativity over the past week, towards all concerning a facelift.. Mostly from those who already own one and no not the "old one" not even the "pre-facelift" because neither are true yet. Regardless of a facelift becoming available, your cars will not become old that's the simple fact.

It's even more tiring witnessing this constant negativity than it is waiting to find out what is happening with regards to a return to production or not. (Must be pretty bad, speaking on my behalf)

The negativity needs to be knocked on the head, it is lowering ASN to lack in some of the qualities you all sell it on. I've said my piece, now hopefully there will be peace between us all.

:nogarors4::salute:

First post on here, but found a dealer with a build slot a fortnight ago who offered a 9.5% discount. Couldn't resist. Been thinking since that perhaps I should have waited, but realistically I couldn't have afforded it without the discount, and on top of that I'm too impatient.

My guess is that the RS3 will get the new engine and some minor styling tweaks, but I would have to wait for delivery in 2017. And besides, I love the look of the current RS3. Oh, and that sound...

Reactions: AndyB-S3
They will do a sportsback as that is their main selling car in the uk.
Be stupid to rush out now and order the old one when I'm in no rush and happy to wait for the car.

So we have established that due to a release of the TTRS today(which doesn't really tell us anything more about the RS3 facelift than you knew yesterday)you are most definitely,definitely waiting for a facelift as of today. Excellent. Can you now stop the non stop tosh about the facelift.I beg of you.:sob:

Reactions: T-800, Snake Pliskin, Beebee-one and 2 others
Thanks folks for all yr advice over the months but tomorrow I am off to the Merc garage and going to buy an A45 FL. Lost all faith in Audi.
But on a positive note, enjoy your motors, both have their plus and negative points.

Cheers again,

Rad

But it's not as powerful as the new TTRS, how will you live with yourself?

TX.

Reactions: AudiNutta
I looked at the A45 before ordering the RS3, but the noise the Merc makes is atrocious.

So we have established that due to a release of the TTRS today(which doesn't really tell us anything more about the RS3 facelift than you knew yesterday)you are most definitely,definitely waiting for a facelift as of today. Excellent. Can you now stop the non stop tosh about the facelift.I beg of you.:sob:

I'm just saying what my intentions are based on the little information we have to make a decision. Sorry for airing my thoughts.

Thanks folks for all yr advice over the months but tomorrow I am off to the Merc garage and going to buy an A45 FL. Lost all faith in Audi.
But on a positive note, enjoy your motors, both have their plus and negative points.

Cheers again,

Rad

Radman, Why would you do that to yourself?

I have driven both and the Mercedes A45 didn't come close to the RS3. It ain't even a comparison!!!

If the Mercedes was 10k cheaper i would consider it an option but not at the same price! It also is worth over 6k less after 4 years. What does that tell you?

Thanks

Being an S3 owner and having had the RS3 on a couple of long test drives, the AMG A45 (FL) is by far the better driving car and leaves both Audi's looking quite incompetent in the corners. It also doesn't sound that bad at all with the sports exhaust, just not as good as the RS3. All 3 cars have their plus points as well as the negatives - no such thing as the perfect car. Just thought things need a bit of balance, but obviously only my opinion.

Reactions: veeeight, CraigI and Buzz73
Being an S3 owner and having had the RS3 on a couple of long test drives, the AMG A45 (FL) is by far the better driving car and leaves both Audi's looking quite incompetent in the corners. It also doesn't sound that bad at all with the sports exhaust, just not as good as the RS3. All 3 cars have their plus points as well as the negatives - no such thing as the perfect car. Just thought things need a bit of balance, but obviously only my opinion.

To be fair i drove them pretty quickly but not how i would if it were mine!

The Merc was quick but you needed to actually make an effort, the RS3 you don't have to its just quick without it screaming its nuts off!
Both cars i tested did however under steer a bit in the roundabouts.

I personally being 6ft 2 did not like the seating position in the Merc, don't get me wrong its a nice car but just don't see why anyone would buy one over the RS3 at the same price!

I think i would rather the Golf R.

Lighter engine will improve the handling, for sure.
Probably why they have released a new 2.5 so soon after the previous one.

I really don't get all this fuss about the RS3 handling ?

Yes I accept I have come from a fairly heavy weight S5 with regular suspension, but in comparison I find I can sling the RS3 round corners and the wider front tyres grip like hell. I have no issues with the car going round corners in the slightest !

In comparison to the S5 it corners like its on rails and certainly feels a lot lighter too.
How a mere 25kg off the engine is suddenly going to vastly improve the cars handling seems a bit OTT to me.
If you were tracking the car or hitting the Nurburgring then maybe every kg counts, but come on, on UK roads, yah having a laugh surely :)

These cars will corner at plenty speed in full dynamic mag ride mode = fact :yes:
You are gonna have to shead more weight than 25kg to get the handling dynamics of a TT !

Reactions: 45bvtc and hood

Cheers again,

Rad
Lost faith in Audi? In what way?

They don't want to hear it snake :hearnoevil:

TX.

Reactions: AudiNutta and Snake Pliskin

I've just had an A45 for a week, whilst mine in for repairs and there's no way it's the better driving car. Maybe makes an S3 look incompetent - I don't know as I'm not used to driving one. But there is simply no comparison to the RS3.

It doesn't sound great, interior bit naff. Nowhere near as quick. The only thing I preferred about it was the seats!

I couldn't wait to give it back!

Reactions: T-800 and Snake Pliskin
Maybe makes an S3 look incompetent - I don't know as I'm not used to driving one. But there is simply no comparison to the RS3.!
Easy, same interior as your RS3 without the heavy 5 Pot at the front, so it turns in a bit better, but it doesn't have that sound and the sports exhaust, or the different bumpers and big brakes, but everything else is A3 S-line/S3 spec. So not a great deal of difference. I love the RS3 drama as the one drawback with the S3 is the noise, but that doesn't mean it should be looked down on. In terms of pace, there isn't a great deal in it between the lighter S3 and the RS3 in all honesty. I still maintain the lighter A45 with its limited slip diff and damping in the FL is better through the twisty stuff, but that's just one, unbiased/honest opinion.
As I said, lots of pros and cons for all three and if we all liked the same things it would be a dull world. I wouldn't have an A45 by the way, it had too many other issues that are important to only me, but credit where I think it is due. If the RS3/S3 had the same diff and slightly better set up they would be even better - maybe Audi will make changes with the new RS3 Facelift with the lighter 5Pot to compete against the A45 - now that would be cool.

Reactions: 45bvtc, veeeight and CraigI
most of the timed stock RS3's are covering the 0 to 62 mph sprint well under 4.0 seconds already, some even hitting it in 3.8 seconds :sunglasses:
the official figures quoted by audi @ 4.3 seconds appear to have been very conservative ........

Reactions: 45bvtc and grimey121uk
That's because it rolls at almost 400hp vs their conservative 365 ish! The King is dead though of course ;)

TX.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and grimey121uk
That's because it rolls at almost 400hp vs their conservative 365 ish! The King is dead though of course ;)

TX.

& just think how quick it will go once the 'heavy' 5 pot is replaced with the 25kg 'lighter' 5 pot with 'offical' 400 bhp
clear.png
;)

This weight saving retrofit to the front end has transformed the handling of mine;

Reactions: AndyB-S3, Ozmosis, Spaceman_RS3 and 4 others
In terms of pace, there isn't a great deal in it between the lighter S3 and the RS3 in all honesty

I had an S3 for a day before I ordered my RS3 and I was underwhelmed by its performance. It just didn't feel that quick. The RS is a completely different animal - seriously rapid, it holds its own against fast bikes off the mark, through the gears.

Like I said, I've just had an A45 AMG and I couldn't wait to give it back. Again, it's simply no comparison to an RS model. If I bought one and then had the chance to take an RS3 for a spin I would be seriously disappointed (although I did love the seats).

Reactions: 45bvtc and Snake Pliskin
I had an S3 for a day before I ordered my RS3 and I was underwhelmed by its performance. It just didn't feel that quick. The RS is a completely different animal - seriously rapid, it holds its own against fast bikes off the mark, through the gears.

Like I said, I've just had an A45 AMG and I couldn't wait to give it back. Again, it's simply no comparison to an RS model. If I bought one and then had the chance to take an RS3 for a spin I would be seriously disappointed (although I did love the seats).

Now that is good interesting first hand feedback !

IMO goes to show that no matter how many 'test drives' you have, you only truly get to know a car when you live with it day to day and even then for a few weeks.

Glad you are enjoying the RS3 :sunglasses:

Reactions: 45bvtc and ComputerControlled
Now that is good interesting first hand feedback !

IMO goes to show that no matter how many 'test drives' you have, you only truly get to know a car when you live with it day to day and even then for a few weeks.

Glad you are enjoying the RS3 :sunglasses:

You too Snake! Enjoy...:tongueclosed:

I've had mine for about 6 months now, and it still puts the same smile on my face, when I start it up, as the day I picked up the keys.

Killer machine, beautifully put together - the best car I've ever had, by a long shot.

You too Snake! Enjoy...:tongueclosed:

I've had mine for about 6 months now, and it still puts the same smile on my face, when I start it up, as the day I picked up the keys.

Killer machine, beautifully put together - the best car I've ever had, by a long shot.

Totally agree pal and only had mine just under 2 months. Had some great cars before but this one is the best by a country mile.

It's just so special, ferocious & fun ... & it does put a smile on your face every single time you turn the key, drive the thing and hear it :)

Totally over the moon with mine too and as you say so well put together and such a great overall usable package.

Reactions: 45bvtc
Update #245 ish
Test drive A45 today. Utter pants. Quick off the mark but sounded horrible, interior so far behind the Audi.
So I get a call from an Audi dealer. A car is available, my spec, although Sepang rather than Cat Red and he is offering 2600 off 48400 list price? Thoughts please...I know I've been here before but I am thinking it is now or never facelift or not.

Reactions: Ozmosis, 45bvtc, Snake Pliskin and 1 other person
Update #245 ish
Test drive A45 today. Utter pants. Quick off the mark but sounded horrible, interior so far behind the Audi.
So I get a call from an Audi dealer. A car is available, my spec, although Sepang rather than Cat Red and he is offering 2600 off 48400 list price? Thoughts please...I know I've been here before but I am thinking it is now or never facelift or not.

I am glad you have come back to its Radman :yahoo:

Hm, it sounds like a good opportunity. If you had been pushed into going to purchase the Merc today, I would have thought you would be satisfied with the pre-facelift IF and its a big IF, whether a FL actually arises. Right now, I am not hopeful for seeing one and have been stropping for the last 2 days since I came to that conclusion haha. If I had the money now, I would be buying the Managers car at my local Audi but sadly I am a year off yet.

Personally, Catalunya Red isn't what I expected and although it is a really nice looking colour, I'd have a lot more over ti but I get this is all down to personal preference. If I were going for a red, it would be Misano. With regards to Sepang, I am not sure if you've seen one in the flesh but you need to. I had my heart set on Daytona Grey, but after seeing the two side-by-side I have been fixated on blue :wub: Photos sometime's don't do it any favours, but in the sunlight it is a nice colour that really pops.

If the car is in your spec, I wouldn't hesitate... that is if you like the blue. If he has called and offered £2600 upfront discount, I am sure you could waggle a bit more if you went down there waving a cash deposit in his face, haha.

Keep us updated, I am glad to hear you've potentially found a car!!! :racer:

Reactions: 45bvtc and Snake Pliskin