Facelift 510BHP Facelift RS3 Video (MRC Stage 2)

TR Hamza

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Been a while since I've posted, hope you're all doing well.

A few weeks ago I got the chance to film a Stage 2 Facelift RS3 tuned by MRC.

It made 510ps on their dyno. The graph is shown in the video, car has a Milltek decat and panel filter (will confirm which brand). Owner also mentioned it had its secondary silencers removed, haven't looked under the facelift RS3 myself but it sounded ridiculously good!

Thought the video would be of interest to you guys, so let me know of any questions you have.

Hamza.

Reactions: keenu, j0nny2013, xpoweruk and 7 others
Already posted it up my man - looked like a lot of fun. Great vid. The neighbours would be out for you with pitchforks with the main cat delete.

Reactions: TR Hamza
Same as mine but I’ve got Eventuri intake and forge intercooler. Milltek catback non resonated getting fitted end of month

Reactions: TR Hamza, AudiNutta and FBF01
Impressive power and sound. Interesting his thoughts even between standard S3 & RS3.

Ah yes..... the result you get when a car is mapped properly by a company that knows how to tune Audi's. None of the 'plug n play' and drive away rubbish or erratic tuning boxes.

I suspect that the car also has an intercooler upgrade for the stage 2 level tune? I run a a stage 2 PFL car (MRC ) with decat etc and it's pretty loud but I have to say that I am impressd with the noise of this FL car.

Reactions: T-800 and FBF01
Ah yes..... the result you get when a car is mapped properly by a company that knows how to tune Audi's. None of the 'plug n play' and drive away rubbish or erratic tuning boxes.

I suspect that the car also has an intercooler upgrade for the stage 2 level tune? I run a a stage 2 PFL car (MRC ) with decat etc and it's pretty loud but I have to say that I am impressd with the noise of this FL car.

Presume you will be tuning the FL too then?

MRC are too far away from me, was waiting till APR map comes about. Believe news will be coming out shortly on that

Last edited:
Premise you will be tuning the FL too then?

MRC are too far away from me, was waiting till APR map comes about. Believe news will be coming out shortly on that

Already have the parts sitting in my garage! Fortunately, much of the hardware from my PFL car will fit the new car (intercooler and big brakes for example).
New car gets built second week of April, estimated delivery/collection is for May. Bed everything in for two to three thousand miles and then off to MRC. They may have even refined the mapping by then too so potential for a little more power perhaps.

Reactions: Callum66, FBF01 and T-800

Have to agree, this is the best I've heard a FL car sound. Much more comparable to the PFL and shows how much Audi have restricted the noise, for whatever reason.

Reactions: Terminator x, RS4B5 and T-800
Hey guys,

Been a while since I've posted, hope you're all doing well.

A few weeks ago I got the chance to film a Stage 2 Facelift RS3 tuned by MRC.

It made 510ps on their dyno. The graph is shown in the video, car has a Milltek decat and panel filter (will confirm which brand). Owner also mentioned it had its secondary silencers removed, haven't looked under the facelift RS3 myself but it sounded ridiculously good!

Thought the video would be of interest to you guys, so let me know of any questions you have.

Hamza.

Do you mean secondary silencers or secondary cats?

Already posted it up my man - looked like a lot of fun. Great vid. The neighbours would be out for you with pitchforks with the main cat delete.

That was quick! Yeah the extra power definitely changed up the character of the car imo, felt silly fast. And yes can’t imagine how his neighbours must feel on a cold start lol.

Yeah made an awesome sound. Car doesn’t have an upgraded intercooler, just the decat/panel filter/tune according to owner.

Do you mean secondary silencers or secondary cats?

Silencers, according to owner. The car has the Milltek decat fitted so no cats. I can get more details from owner if you need?

Same as mine but I’ve got Eventuri intake and forge intercooler. Milltek catback non resonated getting fitted end of month

Yeah been following your thread, Eventuri intake is a work of art really sets off the engine bay too. Will be interesting to get a clip of the intake noise when you’ve fitted it

Wow, what an absolute weapon,

From a very envious PFL owner:tearsofjoy:

Yeah been following your thread, Eventuri intake is a work of art really sets off the engine bay too. Will be interesting to get a clip of the intake noise when you’ve fitted it

It’s already fitted. It was fitted in December 4 days after I got the car lol

Reactions: TR Hamza and FBF01
Bizarre that this car got 510ps with remap and downpipe. No intercooler or intake.

Then Billy’s car 512ps with downpipe, intercooler And intake.

I have a feeling the Eventuri isn’t what it’s cracked up to be, or Billy’s standard exhaust system cat back wise is severely restricted.

Eventuri is my bet hence why MRC asked Billy whether he has the stock box.

That 510ps car above will surely tune to 530ish when the intercooler is added and boost increased?

Interesting never the less.

Reactions: Callum66 and Beebee-one
are you tuning your s3 your channels come a long way all the best for the future you need a collab with Ricky from llf

Reactions: AB RS3, Joe4842, TR Hamza and 1 other person
That was quick! Yeah the extra power definitely changed up the character of the car imo, felt silly fast. And yes can’t imagine how his neighbours must feel on a cold start lol.

Yeah made an awesome sound. Car doesn’t have an upgraded intercooler, just the decat/panel filter/tune according to owner.

Silencers, according to owner. The car has the Milltek decat fitted so no cats. I can get more details from owner if you need?

Without the intercooler upgrade I would actually say this is a stage 1 tune with decat, filter etc (or stage one and a half if you like :smile new:). You have quoted 510ps as the measured output but the corrected power output on the dyno print looks to be closer to 501ps (the pic of the dyno plot is a bit blurred). Still impressive numbers for this level of tune. (engine gave a strong 417ps as stock by the looks of it).

A stage 2 would be the addition of the uprated IC. Add a Forge FMINT4 intercooler and let MRC tweak the map, and I would expect to see around another 20ps and torque numbers well north of 700nm. Check out the MRC dyno plot for billymc92 build thread on this forum, his car has the IC upgrade fitted.

Loved the exhaust sound of the car by the way, has to be the best sounding FL car I have heard to date.:rock:

Reactions: RS4B5, T-800 and TR Hamza
Love these videos, keep them coming!

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: TR Hamza
Bizarre that this car got 510ps with remap and downpipe. No intercooler or intake.

Then Billy’s car 512ps with downpipe, intercooler And intake.

I have a feeling the Eventuri isn’t what it’s cracked up to be, or Billy’s standard exhaust system cat back wise is severely restricted.

Eventuri is my bet hence why MRC asked Billy whether he has the stock box.

That 510ps car above will surely tune to 530ish when the intercooler is added and boost increased?

Interesting never the less.

It’s because I’ve got standard exhaust which is restricting it as I don’t have sports exhaust. So once I get my milltek it should have a better gain. Also Eventuri have released a uprated filter which they claim gets better airflow and better gains so once I’ve got that could easily be 530/540

It’s already fitted. It was fitted in December 4 days after I got the car lol

Sorry mate I must have been half asleep when I replied earlier lol

are you tuning your s3 your channels come a long way all the best for the future you need a collab with Ricky from llf

Probably leave the S3 as I’m looking to change soon, do like the idea of a tuned FL RS3 though

Without the intercooler upgrade I would actually say this is a stage 1 tune with decat, filter etc (or stage one and a half if you like :smile new:). You have quoted 510ps as the measured output but the corrected power output on the dyno print looks to be closer to 501ps (the pic of the dyno plot is a bit blurred). Still impressive numbers for this level of tune. (engine gave a strong 417ps as stock by the looks of it).

A stage 2 would be the addition of the uprated IC. Add a Forge FMINT4 intercooler and let MRC tweak the map, and I would expect to see around another 20ps and torque numbers well north of 700nm. Check out the MRC dyno plot for billymc92 build thread on this forum, his car has the IC upgrade fitted.

Loved the exhaust sound of the car by the way, has to be the best sounding FL car I have heard to date.:rock:

Yeah I see what you’re saying, all these ‘stages’ are confusing at times as everyone has their own interpretations. Just forwarding on info provided from the owner, Stage 1.5 or 2 it was very impressive lol

I believe it’s gonna get a few more upgrades soon, probably isn’t finished with it. Upgraded IC and Milltek catback as billymc92 mentioned earlier are a few of the further additions to be added from what he told me.

Love these videos, keep them coming!

TX.

Thank you mate :)

Congrats on the RS4! Had a go in one the other week, very impressive machine shrinks around you

Reactions: Beebee-one, billymc92 and Terminator x
It’s because I’ve got standard exhaust which is restricting it as I don’t have sports exhaust. So once I get my milltek it should have a better gain. Also Eventuri have released a uprated filter which they claim gets better airflow and better gains so once I’ve got that could easily be 530/540

Be careful you dont fall into the expectation trap that just by adding individual tuning parts accumulates extra bhp. They tend more to 'compliment' the power delivery on an already tuned engine, rather than simply accumulating bigger power numbers by bolting them on. Seen so many people being dissapointed with airboxes and intakes after expecting to see the manufacturers claimed 15-20 bhp gains. The stock air boxes on Rs3's (and RS6's) are not bad at all up to a decent power increase, its the size of the air intake pipe between the airbox and the turbo are where some gains can be made.
I've been following your posts but didn't realise you dont have the OEM sports exhaust so it will be interesting to see what difference the Milltek makes.

Reactions: billymc92, Shawn8V and RS4B5

Yes I’d be very interested if you could please, there are two parallel silencers at the back of the system and I thought if they were removed it would have caused a lot of drone.

300 Miles in to my car pretty much and tried launch control once car was well up to temp...downright stupid lol. That thing made my head dizzy, never felt anything like it. So with 500 bhp I think I’d pass out lol. Sensitive soul clearly lol.

Reactions: Nigel Purvis, PanamaS3, DW81 and 4 others
300 Miles in to my car pretty much and tried launch control once car was well up to temp...downright stupid lol. That thing made my head dizzy, never felt anything like it. So with 500 bhp I think I’d pass out lol. Sensitive soul clearly lol.

I did a launch with about 4 seconds notice with my grandparents in the car on Saturday, off of the Severn Bridge Tolls... they were both squealing. It is utterly violent especially when it has a hint of loss of traction jumping off the concrete footing that the tolls sit on :lmfao:

That’s launch 6 done :whistle2: But I’ve had the car 4 months (which I struggle to believe), so haven’t done bad. I always find myself wanting to launch it and probably should more, but I manage to talk myself out of it on the basis that it’s a show-off factor and what’s the point when I know it isn’t great for the car.

Reactions: oli356, Joe4842 and FBF01
If it wasn’t great for the car why would audi explain how to do it in the owners manual mate:tearsofjoy:

Reactions: Evil Diesel
Of course its a great idea, its fun ;)

It's totally pointless in day-to-day driving, but its fun... if someone owns an RS3 or even an S3 and has never launched it, they should return the car in my opinion!

Reactions: billymc92, Terminator x, teslaboy and 2 others
If it wasn’t great for the car why would audi explain how to do it in the owners manual mate:tearsofjoy:

Not saying it can’t be done, but come on nobody can say it’s going to benefit the car :lmfao:

Not saying it can’t be done, but come on nobody can say it’s going to benefit the car :lmfao:
Helps with running it in ;)

TX.

Reactions: RS4B5, T-800, DW81 and 1 other person
I think it could handle quite honestly hundreds of launches. I remember that video of the 911 turbo doing 50 consecutive launches one after another. It didn't miss a beat and posted similar times.

Reactions: RS4B5 and DW81
I think it could handle quite honestly hundreds of launches. I remember that video of the 911 turbo doing 50 consecutive launches one after another. It didn't miss a beat and posted similar times.

No doubt it will take a lot of them, just one of those things that seems pointless to put such strain on the car even if it will withstand it for the sake of pleasing myself. But no doubt I will be doing quite a few more.

Reactions: E15, RS4B5 and oli356
Contradiction comes to mind audinutta from your last post mate:friends::tearsofjoy:

Reactions: E15
Contradiction comes to mind audinutta from your last post mate:friends::tearsofjoy:

No contradiction, same points... no good for the car, but it isn’t going to kill it instantaneously which has been my opinion all along. It can take it... but is it necessary to make it take it :p

Reactions: DW81
I've never launched mine and probably never will..

No contradiction, same points... no good for the car, but it isn’t going to kill it instantaneously which has been my opinion all along. It can take it... but is it necessary to make it take it :p
Let it take it like a bitch that it is :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: AudiNutta
:blahblah1:

Never been into Drag racing and can't see the point of tearing off from standstill but at the end of the day, if you want to go fast buy a bike...but I've done the bike thing and now I'm old I have an RS3 which is a lovely car but in comparison, it's not fast...:thumbs up:

Last edited:
Must admit you are one of the very few who with the smiles, wow's etc really bring across the feeling driving these cars on camera. Thanks for the content as it is pretty lacking on the FL RS3 atm..

Reactions: RS4B5 and E15
Ive had the car a week and must have done 20-30 launches :shrug:

Reactions: RS4B5, BottomFeeder, E15 and 1 other person
:blahblah1:

Never been into Drag racing and can't see the point of tearing off from standstill but at the end of the day, if you want to go fast buy a bike...but I've done the bike thing and now I'm old I have an RS3 which is a lovely car but in comparison, it's not fast...:thumbs up:
Using launch control, that initial 0-10mph will be faster than a bike and is a unique experience. You must try it at least once.