Best Paint and Leather Protection - Nano Resin, Carnuba Wax, Clay, Ceramic Pro, CQuartz, GTECHNIQ?

ThatOneDude

Reaction score
Hi all. I've searched pages and pages of this detailing forum and there's a lot of good info here, but I have several specific questions and replying to multiple threads to converse about everything seems quite daunting, so I am creating this thread to discuss the very BEST in paint and leather protection on the market today.

From my research, I have found several possibilities but I am at that point of making a final choice.

Ceramic Pro 9H - Seems like this is being touted as the most ultra of all paint protection coatings, but it's difficult to decipher what's real and what is company sponsored marketing (not that company sponsored marketing is necessarily bad). I like what I see, but man, the price! Several detail shops in San Diego, CA want about $1,000 to apply a few coats of this stuff inside and out. Does anyone here have personal experience / testimonial with Ceramic Pro?

CQuartz Finest - Tried and true for sure. A lot of people swear by this coating. Many are saying this is still the "ultimate shine", but some detailers I've researched are now saying Ceramic Pro has superior protection ability and lasts longer. 2 coatings of CQuartz cost about $500 from a professional shop.

Carnuba Wax - Not much to talk about here. Widely available and very easy to DIY. I've used Carnuba plenty of times and it's nice, but having to reapply every 6 months is the main downside in my opinion. Also, it is not in the same league as these other modern protective coatings.

Dr Beasley's Nano Resin - This one is very interesting. It's the newest of all, as I believe they just released it in 2015 or maybe late 2014. It's a DIY coating that comes in a small bottle and is supposedly easy to apply and uses no harsh chemicals so you don't even need to wear a mask. Lasts up to 3 years and applying top coats is recommended every 1-2 years. (Essentially the original or "first" coat would never be touched again if I am understanding the reapplication philosophy correctly.) Bottle cost $49 + $8 for the applicator pad. A guy from another Audi forum used it on his brand new Misano Red S3 and the result looks like a super high gloss mirror like finish. Right now, this seems to be a great option for DIY but I am not finding much info out there since the product is relatively new compared to others.

Leather Care - Ceramic Pro has a leather coating that apparently protects in similar ways as the paint coat. Not sure how it feels after being applied though and to me that's very important. Last thing I want is to make that gorgeous and supple Nappa leather feel crispy or (on the opposite spectrum) greasy. I want it to feel like the fine Nappa leather that it is, but with protection. Best thing I've found so far seems to be GTECHNIQ-L1 Leather Guard. Has anybody used this on Audi leather and what are your thoughts?

Clay detailing - Before applying any type of coating like a Nano Resin, I plan on using clay. Best thing I've found so far is Pinnacle Ultra Poly Clay but I've never used it. If anyone has please chime in.

Also, as a side note, I saw Bristle Hound's recommendation of Valet Pro Orange Prewash, but I am having absolutely zero luck finding anybody that will ship it to USA. Is it just too cost prohibitive to be worth it? Is there a similar type product I can source from USA instead?

Anything else you guys want to throw into this mix for discussion is fine with me. I'm leaning toward Dr Beasley's Nano Resin and GTECHNIQ-L1 for the leather, but before I take the plunge, I want to see what you all think.

Thanks!!!

@ThatOneDude - For white car I would defo go down the sealant route as opposed to wax

Plenty of info can be found here -
http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/

Some of your listed products can't be found in the Uk, so you may have to Google some US Detailing sites me thinks

Out of your list if I was getting a pro-detailer to do it I would use CarPro C.Quartz Finest
If I was doing it myself I would probably use a combo of Gtechniq products ie EXO, C1, C5 etc
http://gtechniqna.com/

My car has Cquartz Finest. I have no hesitation in recommending it. See beading thread in this forum for one year on pictures. Cost was less than dealer protection packages too. Not that I would ever have done the dealer thing. Shudder. :)

Reactions: Scottyg
Ok so I reached out to the dealer and inquired about whether my S4 had a paint protection coating of any kind applied aftermarket. They just replied that it had Gameron Shield Protection applied when new before the original owner took possession. I looked it up and all I can find is Gameronshield.com but it really doesn't give much info except an infomercial that looks like it was filmed in the late 80s. (even though I know it wasn't because the cars in the video are newer than that).

I really don't know what to do now. If I find out that Gameron is really good and therefore I'm all set then fine, but right now I have no clue. Ugg. :chargrined:

Personally I love detailing my car as often as needs be. I'm impressed by Scotty76s product longevity and will look into that product.
However, from other forums I'm on Gtechniq products are getting the best write up of any general market product out there.
I wouldn't be too bothered about having to reapply products as I enjoy doing it and like the satisfaction of seeing the car looking pristine.
I know some products will still give you that 6-12 months on but I still like apply coat upon coat of protection and knowing my paint has many layers and will not be damaged.
Just my way.

Reactions: scotty76