Armrest Tidy / Storage Tray

That's really handy, good find!

Reactions: DJAlix
Surely that's going to block the the USB & AMI ports though?

The 'before' picture doesn't seem to feature any USB/AMI connectors.

Looks to have a shallow section which will clear the connections. Will find out when it arrives tho :)

Attachments

• TB2A_mLcFXXXXaIXpXXXXXXXXXX-2248355721_zpsbpgf5f3b.jpg
    TB2A_mLcFXXXXaIXpXXXXXXXXXX-2248355721_zpsbpgf5f3b.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 820
Reactions: marshalld
I've been looking for such a thing for a while now.

Thanks!

Good find, also looks like the large shallow tray has cutouts to trail Cables through.

Would appreciate some pics when it arrives.

the hole in the organiser I found way to small to thread either of the AMI connector ends for the iphone lightning connector through it, I also find the front edge (coin slots) is still around 1-2 mm to low and sits on the thumb release catch of the AMI connector as well, causing the lip of the organiser not to sit flush with the edge of the armrest storage bin.

looks good, but no good for iphone 6 if u want to plug it in - looks like it will fit perfectly without plugging it in though.

thanks for that, just bought one

the centre cubby feels like a blackhole having to shuffle around phone and wallet to get to keys

it looks like rubber, just cut a small section under the coin area to feed the iphone connector through

Thanks for the link. I've ordered one for my A3.

the hole in the organiser I found way to small to thread either of the AMI connector ends for the iphone lightning connector through it, I also find the front edge (coin slots) is still around 1-2 mm to low and sits on the thumb release catch of the AMI connector as well, causing the lip of the organiser not to sit flush with the edge of the armrest storage bin.

Ugh. This looked promising.

Post just arrived :)

A package from McLaren... but more importantly the Tray :)

First impressions... It's very well made, solid, weighty and a bit deeper than I thought it was going to be. Coin holders are big enough for 10p's and smaller. Included rubber Matts are nice and thick stink of that rubber smell, so will be airing them out before use! An iPhone 5 will fit in the main tray area with a little space remaining to the side and the top. For anyone using an Audi iPhone5/6 AMI lead I can see the hole being an issue. Could dermel the hole with no issue tho and leave the slip matt as is in order to cover any handy works. I myself am using an iPod which will sit under the tray and thus out of the way. I was planning to raise the normal Audi rumba matt in order to hide the iPod but this will do it nicely. Will report back on fitment / AMI interface clearance once I get a chance to get in the car.

Attachments

• IMG_3498.jpg
    IMG_3498.jpg
    184.1 KB · Views: 661
  • IMG_3494.JPG
    IMG_3494.JPG
    129.6 KB · Views: 630
  • IMG_3495.JPG
    IMG_3495.JPG
    150.4 KB · Views: 633
  • IMG_3496.JPG
    IMG_3496.JPG
    97 KB · Views: 623
  • IMG_3497.JPG
    IMG_3497.JPG
    99.4 KB · Views: 586
Reactions: Simon L, Blackwhite, MA3RC and 1 other person
Post just arrived :)

A package from McLaren... but more importantly the Tray :)

First impressions... It's very well made, solid, weighty and a bit deeper than I thought it was going to be. Coin holders are big enough for 10p's and smaller. Included rubber Matts are nice and thick stink of that rubber smell, so will be airing them out before use! An iPhone 5 will fit in the main tray area with a little space remaining to the side and the top. For anyone using an Audi iPhone5/6 AMI lead I can see the hole being an issue. Could dermel the hole with no issue tho and leave the slip matt as is in order to cover any handy works. I myself am using an iPod which will sit under the tray and thus out of the way. I was planning to raise the normal Audi rumba matt in order to hide the iPod but this will do it nicely. Will report back on fitment / AMI interface clearance once I get a chance to get in the car.

I ordered anyway regardless of the issues that may be there. As long as the fit is good besides the holes I bet we can work something out and find use in it. I hope. Shipped today.

Tested and it does indeed sit on the AMI Cable if you have one plugged in. This causes one corner of the tray to lift / sit higher than it should (2nd Photo) but after 2 mins with a dremel it fits perfect (3rd Photo). Just needed to square a few "mm" off the coin holder part of the tray. Zero issues with Closing the armrest.

Edit: If you have the AMI with a USB port included this tray will NOT fit unless some serious cutting / modding is completed.

Attachments

• IMG_3505.jpg
    IMG_3505.jpg
    167.3 KB · Views: 630
  • IMG_3506.jpg
    IMG_3506.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 596
  • IMG_3507.jpg
    IMG_3507.jpg
    163.5 KB · Views: 583
Reactions: Simon L, Blackwhite and Daveotto
Edit: If you have the AMI with a USB port included this tray will NOT fit unless some serious cutting / modding is completed.

Oh ******! I might be selling mine when it arrives then?

So even though I had sanded the rounded section of the Coin holder as much as possible, and the tray was sitting flush with the surrounding trim, it turns out that it would rattle against the AMI Cable while driving :( Have ended up trimming off the rounded bottom of the coin holder completely, stuck some black plastic on the bottom, shot the tray with 3 coats of PlastiDip and then cut up an old rubber mouse matt.

I still think the tray is a good purchase as it add's a currently non-existent storage option and I could have lived with the tray not sitting flush.

Attachments

• IMG_3553.jpg
    IMG_3553.jpg
    211.6 KB · Views: 495
  • IMG_3552.jpg
    IMG_3552.jpg
    173.4 KB · Views: 454
  • IMG_3568.jpg
    IMG_3568.jpg
    171.9 KB · Views: 504
Mine arrived yesterday and fits perfectly. If Audi decided to sell something like this it would probably cost £30+. Got mine for £11.45 with free postage.

Mine arrived yesterday and fits perfectly. If Audi decided to sell something like this it would probably cost £30+. Got mine for £11.45 with free postage.

Did you get it somewhere different then? The e-Bay link in the original post shows much more expensive than that.

Did you get it somewhere different then? The e-Bay link in the original post shows much more expensive than that.

No, just a different seller on bay. There is another seller i have just found who is selling them for £10.50 including postage.

Last edited:
Reactions: jonnythefox
No, just a different seller on bay. There is another seller i have just found who is selling them for £10.50 including postage.
Wish I had seen the cheaper listing.

Reactions: jonnythefox and MarkyH