replacement exhaust tips, anyone else tried these.

Charlie Farley

Chilling out.
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
One of my many ongoing mods is to update the exhaust tips to something a bit nicer, not that there is anything really wrong with the current ones, the whole exhaust system is in great shape , just the tips look a bit tired now and a new set of stainless can only look better.
I was going to order a pair of these this week but held back to check weather there were any bad reviews about them, so before i flash the plastic again this week has anyone got them fitted or had them fitted, any probs with them.

cheers
rob
Ex2

Hello Rob,

Whilst I dont have experience with these I cant see any problem with fitting these whatsoever.

Love the 'slash cut' look. They'll go down super nice on your B7 twin exit.

I have 3.5 inch exits on mine, one on each side and personally think 4 would be a little too big. Each to their own though obviously lol

yes, i have been trying experimenting with a few pipe dia sizes, as the ones i have now are 80mm , 90 is not much more but 100mm is a fair bit more, maybe the slash cut is making them look larger.

As above all true, but it just depends what look you like.

Yeah the slash cut tip will give it an illusion of being bigger. As long as its not as big as the below..I think you'll be fine haha.
24051d1273064057-big-exhaust-tips-powerstroke-tip.jpg

I was thinking of changing mine but after to seeing that they are welded on I've decided not to mess with it.
:)

so are mine ,or just darn well fixed, anway, one carefull measurement and one very quick cut with a 4" angle grinder with thin cutting disk and there off, its as simple as that and take just a few mins to get the old one off.

The old tips are normally spot welded just fyi :)

I went from these crappy things Image
To these 3" slash

Reactions: DrStrange
well after a few test fits of various pipe sizes and cuts its going to be these.
Pipe1

same size inlet & outlet just straight cut which does look better after experimenting with slash cut tips, they are double skinned too so look rather nice .
the slash gives the appaerance of a much larger outlet , maybe to big for the valance apperture, the straight cut flavour look spot on.

well after a few test fits of various pipe sizes and cuts its going to be these.
View attachment 66105

same size inlet & outlet just straight cut which does look better after experimenting with slash cut tips, they are double skinned too so look rather nice .
the slash gives the appaerance of a much larger outlet , maybe to big for the valance apperture, the straight cut flavour look spot on.

Yep..nice looking Tips. Good choice.