Lost locking wheel nut

Reaction score
So guys, driving home tonight after 10 hour shift, ****** fox comes in road, swerve to avoids and smack over some big *** curb, hit it so hard (only going 30mph as well) it's burst the tire! Was just a sudden thump and you could hear the air coming out!
Long story short, a taxi man borrowed me his jack, go to change the car wheel to find me locking wheel nut is missing!

What do I do?

You can still drive with the 4 other nuts (bolts) carefully until you get to a safe place.

Is the locking wheel bolt missing or the removal tool?

Audi will sell u one if u give them your reg.

You can get one from Audi.
My dealer couldn't get it from my Reg number, luckily I only had a slow puncture, so I was able to drive it down.

They refused to remove it for me with their wheel nut remover, and didn't have any of my pattern in stock.
I think it was around £45.

Reactions: Kayem ali
You can get one from Audi.
My dealer couldn't get it from my Reg number, luckily I only had a slow puncture, so I was able to drive it down.

They refused to remove it for me with their wheel nut remover, and didn't have any of my pattern in stock.
I think it was around £45.

Ah I see! I wasn't able to! Air went out so fast! You could hear it! But to be fair I did have a full car

I used a welding company and they welded a metal piece to the locking nut then used that to take it off, cost me like £20 for all 4 wheels.

Reactions: Kayem ali
I used a welding company and they welded a metal piece to the locking nut then used that to take it off, cost me like £20 for all 4 wheels.

This or you can get those brass coloured nuts. You hold it up against the lock nut, hammer it and because its a softer metal it takes the shape of the nut and effectively forms a key. I think they are about £20.

Reactions: FaisalFazeli
I'd suggest using a bolt extraction set which will allow you to get a grip on the smooth outer surface of the bolt, just enough to loosen it off. Disclaimer - You will most likely damage the bolt in the process and it will need replacing. I take no responsibility for which solution you choose and it is your decision if you use my advice or not.

I'd suggest using a bolt extraction set which will allow you to get a grip on the smooth outer surface of the bolt, just enough to loosen it off. Disclaimer - You will most likely damage the bolt in the process and it will need replacing. I take no responsibility for which solution you choose and it is your decision if you use my advice or not.

Raas it's a bolt ...reading that I thought you were telling him to drop a 1,000,000BHP nitrous kit in his car, swap the drive train for one out of a corsa and then take it on a track lol :p

Haha I appreciate everyone comments, cars still currently not mobile but should be fixed Tuesday so I'll have to let use know the outcome

Reactions: Sayam