MY16

M

monopole

The MY16 changes to the RS/S/A3 are supposed to have a new design internal mirror and change the paddles back to what the 8P used to have. From the images of peoples cars I've seen so far, the paddles are the same as the current model (so no change) and I have yet to see the internal mirror.

From the .uk and .de configurator websites (image below), the internal mirror HAS changed, but the paddles HAVEN'T.

Can new owners confirm what is what here? ty.

2ywiy2q.jpg

I'm hoping there are V spoke alloys as an option on the RS3 MY16

Reactions: Ashbrummy
is it too difficult for a MY16 owner to confirm the type of mirror and paddles they have?

is it too difficult for a MY16 owner to confirm the type of mirror and paddles they have?

LOL - I may be asking a lot for someone to measure ground clearance then :sign imnew:

For what it's worth, mine looks pretty much as in the picture (the car was built in July). I could post a photo if you want.

The paddles I have on my 8v are different and IMHO better than I had on my 8p. they stick up further and so are easier to grab.

just configured the S3 sportback and RS3 sportback, paddles shown are different, but need confirmation from new owners if the paddle change is limited to S3 only and not the RS3 (not what the MY16 changes suggested.. shame, but hey ho) actually prefer the smaller looking paddles I had on my S3 8P.

RS3
1zv33lz.jpg

S3
rc23yp.jpg

Pic of our paddles

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442669088583550

Can confirm the pic of the Rear view mirror is what we have also - and it's different to the one in my 2014 8V 2.0 TDI

Last edited:
Reactions: monopole
ty chungster

will be interesting to see if they change between "first" orders and later arrivals this year. No reason they should but MY16 changes didn't specify RS3's wouldn't get the different paddles, it just said all MY16 cars with paddles I believe

I think they're ok (my first DSG car mind ) but I'd have preferred them to be fixed to the steering column than with the wheel - couple of times changing from first to second going round a roundabout is awkward of you have a lot of lock on ! Could leave it in Auto I suppose lol

can't understand why they don't fix them. as above, its so annoying and confusing when you have lock on

Can you push and pull the gear selector to change up and down? I just used to use that in the Bmw s

Can you push and pull the gear selector to change up and down? I just used to use that in the Bmw s

Nope. Right paddle changes up only and left changes down only. Both operated by clicking it towards you.

Unless you mean the gear stick selector? That if in manual mode (to the left) then can be pushed up and pulled back to go up/down the box like a sequential selector. But pushing up is + and pulling back is - which is opposite of a race car sequential set up in my view.

And I agree with the pushing forward to change up and pull to change down stupid and the wrong way I have toca touring cars muscle memory and it's for pull to change up push to change down

Reactions: Schuey
just configured the S3 sportback and RS3 sportback, paddles shown are different, but need confirmation from new owners if the paddle change is limited to S3 only and not the RS3 (not what the MY16 changes suggested.. shame, but hey ho) actually prefer the smaller looking paddles I had on my S3 8P.

RS3
1zv33lz.jpg

S3
rc23yp.jpg

That's the rear view mirror I have in my RS3, it is now a lot more subtle and the LED hardly noticeable compared to my S3.