Tfsi irratic revving. Few things checked already

Darren1983

Reaction score
Morning,

Does anyone have any ideas why my car is over revving?

I've replaced the clutch switch and PCV valve but it's still the same... It's annoying the hell out of me!

Thanks
Darren

Does it over rev the whole time, or only at specific points. Have you run a vcds scan? Checked your spark plugs or coil packs?

no not all the time, its irratic. the revs sometimes hang when im changing gear. and sometimes when stopped at traffic lights they fluctuate up and down.

had the same issue on the wife's car recently turned out to be a split breather hose connected to the pcv.

Quick question, does this happen if you emergency brake?

I have noticed something similar on mine - seems like an anti-stall type reaction?

tbh mate ive not noticed that it does no. it just seems to be random.

one thing i have noticed is if i drive the car very steadily it doesnt seem to happen as much.

Have you done a vcds scan, or even better some vcds logs?

Also have you checked your dv?

Last edited:
It's getting dv fitted this weekend along with thermostat, oil pick up, timing belt, water pump and service.

It did get the vcd scanned but I can't remember all the codes now. I'm hoping it's going to be better after all that is fitted

not yet bud, still waiting for him to contact me, i txt him today and asked him to send me some pics of the oil pick up and diverter valve so should be interesting to see them once he has changed them over.