Looks like i'm out….

Leegaryhall

Reaction score
Well then guys (and girls)
I've been in my brand new Estoril Blue S-Tronic 3dr Hatch for coming up to18 months now and whilst it is undoubtably a very rapid car and lovely and swish etc etc, i'm afraid like may have said before it is just missing that something to make me feel special when driving it, it is after all a hatchback, albeit a very nice one.

I came from a MK2 TT TDI Sline which i absolutely loved and can't for the life of me think why i chopped it in other than it looking dated inside.

I have had the itch for a few months, started looking into BMW 4 series but soon gave that a miss, then crazily started looking into Caymans, far too expensive to buy and run a decent one, I then went to an Audi Showcase event and drove the new TTS and RS3. RS3 sounded epic and was very quick….but sitting in it….no different to my S3 and no discounts to be had, the TTS on the other hand was a revelation. Super quick (seemed quicker then the S3 probably due to lighter weight and low seating position) amazing sport seats and it looks the dogs b******s IMO…oh and the Virtual cockpit is a thing of beauty !!

Long story cut short, my dealer has done me a good deal on a newly arrived stock car in Sepang Blue with all the essentials (Stronic, B+O, Tech Pack, Red Calipers etc etc)
List price was an eye watering £45000, but negotiated a 10% discount so got it for £40500. A lot of money for a car with the same engine as the S3, but far superior in style, seating position and overall "feel".

I'm not knocking the S3 as i have loved it and it is my pride and joy and although the TTS is gonna cost me an extra £100 per month i feel it will be justified if it makes me enjoy driving the car.

Picking it up Thursday morning and just a little excited !

Reactions: Martinbanshee, slayaz, TheFiftheElement and 8 others
TTS sounds fab id like one too but need a four door - enjoy !!!!!!!

Good luck with the new car, hope you will be posting some pics in this thread?!?!?! ;)

I think after owning a TT you always want it back after you ditch it. I loved both of mine and would jump at the TTS.... if the deal was right

The new TTS is by far the best Audi to drive that I have driven.
You could tell this even on a relatively short test drive.
Doesn't need more power, it is perfectly balanced with a great chasis and cockpit that is built around driving. Even the steering feels better.
I drove it back to back with the new RS3 and it was by far the better car to drive.
Great choice.

I had one of the first TT 225 Quattros and it was a left hooker import. That car is one of the best handling and quickest Audi's I have ever driven and I have had a few..
No Audi since has given that thrill...

Thanks for the positive comments.
Will need to get the car detailed, not sure whether to get a professional to do it or do it myself...don't really know what products to use.
had the S3 guardex by the dealer and to be fair they did a decent job...not this time though.
Suppose I should have delayed my pick up and tried to sell the S3 privately?

Enjoy mate, enjoy!

I drove an RS3 for the first time last week and LOVED it! If you think the TT is better then it most be some car!

Wish I could go down to a 3 door.......

Cracking deal,cracking car, cracking colour all in cracking choice lol
Please please post photos as it's on my short list

Going to another Audi showcase next week when I will finally get to drive the RS3.

Never thought about the TTS as a replacement to the S3. Think I'm going to have a go in that after the RS3 as it sounds good....

Good luck with it and enjoy :)

Reactions: Blackwhite
No matrix LEDs but has LED headlights as standard with sweeping indicators on the rear LEDs.
Matrix light are a very expensve needless extra in my opinion, especially on a sports car...on a rep car where loads of driving required, maybe, but a sports car ? If you can afford then yes, but basically £25 month extra just to have them..no chance lol

The sports seats and the seating position are one of the main improvements over the S3/RS3.
Don't get me wrong, I did really consider the RS3 and it is marginally quicker and sounds better, but let's be honest it don't look anything special IMO and just too similar to S3, and the Super sports seats in the S3/RS3 are not a patch on those in the TTS.

The TTS isn't that much quicker than the S3, but it does have an extra 10bhp and is lighter so more nimble, and because you sit much lower down in a sporty cockpit, it just gives a better sensation of speed so feels a lot quicker.

No matrix LEDs but has LED headlights as standard with sweeping indicators on the rear LEDs.
Matrix light are a very expensve needless extra in my opinion, especially on a sports car...on a rep car where loads of driving required, maybe, but a sports car ? If you can afford then yes, but basically £25 month extra just to have them..no chance lol

The sports seats and the seating position are one of the main improvements over the S3/RS3.
Don't get me wrong, I did really consider the RS3 and it is marginally quicker and sounds better, but let's be honest it don't look anything special IMO and just too similar to S3, and the Super sports seats in the S3/RS3 are not a patch on those in the TTS.

The TTS isn't that much quicker than the S3, but it does have an extra 10bhp and is lighter so more nimble, and because you sit much lower down in a sporty cockpit, it just gives a better sensation of speed so feels a lot quicker.
The TTS will be more economical than the RS3? I like the Sepang with the red supersport seats with the matt silver inlays with the extended leather on the centre consul,the Interior is a class act indeed.the matrix lights where £25/ month extra not worth that amount,enjoy your pick up day

Had a Mk2 TTS and I miss it every day..... especially once a Month when I go to a meet in Dublin and the car is there :(

Enjoy and post some pictures (LOAD PLEASE) on this page when you get it! £40k is sweet it lists at over 70K euro here...

I have a short video clip from dealer of the car in the hanger before car is prepped.
Gives you rough idea, but of course looks much better out in the day light and in the flesh!
https://video.citnow.com/vts80cs2BxF
Looks very nice mate...is that your email address for the world to see though???

As for selling your car privately...would it be worth the hassle for a few hundred more? I'd rather not chance letting everyone in the country via an advertisment know where there is a nice S3 parked up, then open the door to them with keys in hand...you see where it's going!

My last car private sale was booked at £14,500. I let Fords Of Winsford buy it off me for £14,000 then got a lift back to Audi to collect the S3, Audi had offered £13,000 which was bottom book price as it wasn't an Audi and they were passing it on :)

Had a Mk2 TTS and I miss it every day..... especially once a Month when I go to a meet in Dublin and the car is there :(

Enjoy and post some pictures (LOAD PLEASE) on this page when you get it! £40k is sweet it lists at over 70K euro here...
Well collection day has been and gone. not really had time to go for a drive yet :-( and taking it easy at least for 500 odd miles.
But heres some pics as promised

Attachments

• IMG_0006.jpg
    IMG_0006.jpg
    892.7 KB · Views: 305
  • IMG_0005.jpg
    IMG_0005.jpg
    774.6 KB · Views: 294
  • IMG_0003.jpg
    IMG_0003.jpg
    538 KB · Views: 277
  • IMG_0216.jpg
    IMG_0216.jpg
    317.3 KB · Views: 269
  • IMG_0004_2.jpg
    IMG_0004_2.jpg
    590.1 KB · Views: 310
  • IMG_0002.jpg
    IMG_0002.jpg
    424 KB · Views: 270
Reactions: AndyB-S3, Primolak, Martinbanshee and 9 others
Well collection day has been and gone. not really had time to go for a drive yet :-( and taking it easy at least for 500 odd miles.

l was on the TT part of the Forum yesterday looking for your review mate...so was wondering where the hell was it,looks ACE....WHERE ARE THE ALL IMPORTANT interior shots....Ps best colour,looks like a NEW Mini R8
All the best

Reactions: Bristle Hound
@Leegaryhall - Simply stunning TTS buddy! :thumbs up:

THAT colour even suits the TT too ;)

Need some pics of the interior too buddy :thumbs up:

PS Your signature now need uodating :D

Reactions: Pulp84 and Jassyo06

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Rob2k68, daydotz, buz and 4 others
Cracking looking car mate, best colour by far too!

I agree with you about the TT interior, I love the dashboard and the TFT display. I had a drive of a normal TT (i mean non-S) and i really enjoyed it. Like others here, sadly I need more practicality so I will be getting a Sepang RS3 in a couple of months!

Always good to see people getting nice shine motors, though ;-)

Reactions: Jassyo06
Great looking car, great colour too :)

Mind you, I can't look at it too much otherwise I may get the itch...

Reactions: Ozmosis
That looks fantastic mate, I just called my wife in to have a look at those pictures...even she said it's nice and she's not into cars at all!!!

Enjoy ;)

No doubt about it that is a fine looking car :)

Looks superb from front and back and the interior is lovely too..............but from the side, I dunno just looks a bit short to me. I think it's just too small a car to really wow me.

If you offered me a straight swap for mine, honest to god I'd keep my S3 saloon (even if the TT was in Daytona!) ;)

Reactions: Jassyo06
Can someone on here explain to me how Audi have the cheek to give me £23600 part exchange on my S3 and then stick it on the forecourt for £29990???!!
http://www.audi.co.uk/used-cars/use...borough/605270658-19654.aspx?srcmdc=se_na_re_
That's a mega hike normally it's about £3000 but did you not get a good price on the TTS swings and roundabouts really, they won't sell it for that if it stays on the forecourt long it will drop £1500/2000 and it gives them room for maneuver when they sell it quickly my ST3 jumped £3k in price as soon as the key's left my hand and was sold 2 weeks later maddening but that's the car trade

Can someone on here explain to me how Audi have the cheek to give me £23600 part exchange on my S3 and then stick it on the forecourt for £29990???!!
http://www.audi.co.uk/used-cars/use...borough/605270658-19654.aspx?srcmdc=se_na_re_

Once I get my replacement in about a weeks time I fully expect my current S3 will go on the forecourt for more than I paid for it new three months ago.

Its called business and is same reason why double glazing or bathroom or kitchen salesmen start off with a quote twice as much as the realistic price as there is always someone who will pay without haggling or doing their research.

May I ask why you are changing your car for the same one so soon?

Long story short .......car turned up without interior light pack and ended negotiating to drive current car FOC (plus some other free bits and pieces) and wait for new build to correct spec

Reactions: S32B
Ahhh right, that's a result then :)

Yes, but would have preferred correct order in first place as although I have done close on 5000 miles in it in 3 months it still does not feel like my own car

I know what you're saying, but look on the positive side! When you come to sell it yours will have 5000 miles less on it ;)

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Daveotto