Anybody got some T-Cut?

ukm_1

Reaction score
Does this look repairable? Just worried as that panel seems to be the roof and opposite side, all one piece.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 436
Ouch , looks like a new body shell job ? If the chassis is damaged probably a write off . Was it hit stationary ?

Girlfriend was pulling away and a van went into the side. Hoping its repairable. Would that be recorded as a cat D?

Bet that gave her a shake up ! Would only be a cat D if it is written off I believe , I have seen cars with less damage written off tbh . Depends if it is just cosmetic .

AS a rule, if the cost of the repair is more than two thirds of the value of the car they will write the car off.going by that photo it's only the body panels that are damaged,l would say no it won't be written off

Reactions: Sandra
Ouch. Hope your girlfriend ok. I would think since you in this section of the forum that unless there is any structural damage, you just looking at new panels and paint

Yeah she is fine which is the main thing, a bit shaken afterwards but not hurt. Have driven 200 miles in it and feels fine, front door still closed and locks as normal.

Reactions: Sandra
Did any of the side impact airbags go off ?

Looks nasty, nice to hear your GF is fine!

Shocked when I saw that, I had similar damage years back after a motorbike hit the side of my 5 year old car, that was repaired and the car was only worth £5000 at the time. They will just replace the rear quarter panel, hopefully the chassis will not be bent, but even if it is they can straighten it out on a jig.

I'm saying nothing about women drivers though :whistle2: She may have been OK after the accident, but once he saw the damage to his car she wasn't!!!!

Airbag deployment has a big decision in writing a car off.

When I recently crashed my 3 Series they didn't even bother assessing the body panel and trim damage. Every airbag had deployed so it was instantly written off!

Hope you can get it fixed soon

Reactions: veeeight
Sorry to see this glad everyone is ok !

Rather than a whole body side pretty sure Audi will have made provisions for a half body side repair panel so I'd imagine just before the corner along the door opening extending to just above the rear quarter glass so all joints are very small and not to disturb the roof joint. Hopefully the floor is ok but if not I'd imagine it would pull out.

No, very much doubt that will be written off.

Its actually not looking that bad at all.

Sill looks straight, window isnt even broken.

Hope your GF is ok and not to shaken up. Unlikely to be a write-off if chassis is not damaged due to value of the car v repair cost.

My daughter had her 107 written off for the damage in the pic only because car book value was low. Ended up being cat B write-off and is currently in local garage being fixed for 25% of the insurance pay out and will just need a new MOT when work is completed.

Airbag deployment has a big decision in writing a car off.

When I recently crashed my 3 Series they didn't even bother assessing the body panel and trim damage. Every airbag had deployed so it was instantly written off!

Hope you can get it fixed soon

This only the case if the front Passengers/Driver's Airbags are deployed due to the high cost of replacing a new dashboard/Steeringwheel/cush,not so the case with side and curtain airbags

This only the case if the front Passengers/Driver's Airbags are deployed due to the high cost of replacing a new dashboard/Steeringwheel/cush,not so the case with side and curtain airbags
That's wrong when it comes to a BMW.

The head line explodes out deploying the curtain bag and the "Bavarian sausage" head protection. The airbags in the chairs also deploy when those go off so it's game over. Not sure about other brands but that's what BMW'S assessor wrote.

With the head lining disintegrating above me and the various deployed bags that were still inflated, it was actually a mission to get out of the car - not great :(

That's wrong when it comes to a BMW.

The head line explodes out deploying the curtain bag and the "Bavarian sausage" head protection. The airbags in the chairs also deploy when those go off so it's game over. Not sure about other brands but that's what BMW'S assessor wrote.

With the head lining disintegrating above me and the various deployed bags that were still inflated, it was actually a mission to get out of the car - not great :(

l was a passenger in a head on collision,both front/knee airbag deployed......in a golf MK5 GTI...........car was written off automatically,only due to the high cost of replacements,the dashboard alone was £5000,never mind the exterior damage costs,my Fiat Grande Punto Multijet Sporting,passengers side airbag/curtain airbags where deployed but my car was'nt written off.It was only 8 months old,

Yeah these costs must vary........from marque to marque

Yeah its not great when a airbag is deployed in yer face/body...but i think they saved my mothers life and mine's and no doubt saved you from serious injury

Reactions: Pulp84
^^^ very true @jassyo06

Hopefully the OP's hasn't had any deploy as it really isn't a nice experience.

It isn't as soft as the below video depicts....

Reactions: Jassyo06
^^^ very true @jassyo06

Hopefully the OP's hasn't had any deploy as it really isn't a nice experience.

It isn't as soft as the below video depicts....

Yeah its like a small bomb going off in the car..the airbag burst my nose open,not too bad though...lol my ears where numb for a wee bit and my face looked like l had been under a sunbed...tooo long...lol

Reactions: Pulp84
Oh dear, that's such a shame.
Depends if the roof or sills are damaged. I hope they write it off as it will need a new side panel.
Whilst they may be able to make it look just like new the welding of new panels ruins the e.coat and consequently the rust protection.

Hope your GF is ok and not to shaken up. Unlikely to be a write-off if chassis is not damaged due to value of the car v repair cost.

My daughter had her 107 written off for the damage in the pic only because car book value was low. Ended up being cat B write-off and is currently in local garage being fixed for 25% of the insurance pay out and will just need a new MOT when work is completed.

View attachment 68597
Hi, are you sure it was Cat B? normally dismantle for parts only only, Cat A total destruction, Cat C needing a VIC check and a Cat D repair and go. Just make sure you aren't repairing a car that cant go back on the road.

Reactions: Daveotto
Hi, are you sure it was Cat B? normally dismantle for parts only only, Cat A total destruction, Cat C needing a VIC check and a Cat D repair and go. Just make sure you aren't repairing a car that cant go back on the road.

Good spot on the typo, is defo Cat D...repair and go, btw VIC is being withdrawn in next month or so as it was ineffective at stopping car ringing.

Other party admitted liability and assessor reckoned on two new panels and a door rather than one panel and beating out so repair cost quickly got over 66% of book price of £3000 with a dealer approved garage quote.

Overall happy days for us as mydaughter keeps her no claims and extra cash pays for my sons driving lessons, and he has a car to learn in.

Last edited:
Cheers guys, no airbags deployed thankfully. Had a good look and no movement to the window frame and the side sills are not bent so hopefully chassis is not affected. Will see what the garage says tomorrow

Have sent the pictures to the garage, will be a new panel. Goes in tomorrow and will be about a week, hopefully come back looking as good as new. Most pleased that it won't be recorded as a cat D.

Reactions: Daveotto and Jassyo06
Have sent the pictures to the garage, will be a new panel. Goes in tomorrow and will be about a week, hopefully come back looking as good as new. Most pleased that it won't be recorded as a cat D.

Great news....will be back as good as new,at the other end of the car dent spectrum,l have a small dent and l mean small...ie it looks like someone fired a .77 caliber air rifle pellet into my passenger door,obviously it wasnt that, but thats the the kinda size of the dent,the cost of this is £450-£550 for a repair/respray

Does this look repairable? Just worried as that panel seems to be the roof and opposite side, all one piece.

Ow man that sucks! But It's only a car. Glad no one was hurt.
Looks to be the whole side which should be ok however the assessor will decide. Any movement to the chassis, bending of the structure could end up being quite a considerable repair. I certainly wouldn't want a car back that's had major surgery. We had one with our fleet years ago on a Mazda 6. Touch and go to write off... Insurance decided to repair, £15k later on a £25k car (6 months old) the car was then written off as it was deemed unsafe.