Turbo problem 1.9 TDI 130 sport

Gedi69

V8 Lover
Reaction score
My turbo went back in May this year and I replaced it aswell as the oil feed pipe, I cleaned all the pipes and intercooler it all got fitted and primed correctly, 2mths down the road and only 3k miles the car started smoking again and was lacking in power so I took the pipes off and checked the turbo and WHAM the bearing has gone again I've checked the oil feed pipe and it isn't blocked so there is oil getting to it, so plz guys does anyone know what the problem is before I fit another turbo or could it simply be a faulty turbo ( wasn't a 2nd hand turbo it was a brand new garret) cheers guys in advance.

Did you change the oil and filter. Could be an oil pressure issue.
Is the car mapped ? .
Does the car run OK with no limp mode / engine management lights.

It had a full service 2mths previous, car isn't mapped and there is no warning lights.

It was a new turbo and the bearings have gone already so I've bought a new 1

Be careful there are a lot ppl using Chinese CHRA,s and claiming that their turbo,s are recon , there junk by from reputable seller, my dads got same car and we just changed his turbo,got it from Ivor Searle,s, they are not expensive, and have been around a long time.If your old turbo came from a good company it should be warranted.