oil change

superplumb

Reaction score
S1 first birthday coming up done about 6000miles mixed driving, find Audi are a bit unclear about servicing would like to at least swop the oil what is the general opinion dealer or independent and what's the likely cost.thanks

audi wont be able to service it !!!!
" computer says no ! "
audi servicing is crap , i got a service package with my car but only want the audi service history part of it
if your just changing oil and filter diy

I'm getting my garage to do it not Audi. I have used them for over 15 years and they have always been brilliant. Plus one of them has built his own drag motorbike that he uses at Santa Pod so they know about cars and bikes.

Did not realise Audi would not do it until computer says its needed ,will this show on dash dependant on how it's driven.thought there was an option for low mileage cars.

if you look in services in the cars menu it ll tell you when service is due , audi wont touch it till then
a new car could go 18k miles before its first oil change !
dont care how oil technology has moved on that long service intervals is not right and is the reason why modern engines dont last !

Reactions: DTYME83
Did not realise Audi would not do it until computer says its needed ,will this show on dash dependant on how it's driven.thought there was an option for low mileage cars.
From what I remember when I bought the car there are two pre-paid service plans, one long life ( every two yrs ) and a short interval plan ( yearly ) I paid for the short plan, around £450 I think but when I got the car and looked at the service intervals it had been set to the bi-annual one. Got a call from Audi asking if the car was ok and I pointed out that the service intervals were wrong they said they would check and call me back, they did which was a surprise and they said they had informed the local Audi dealers and would rectify it when it goes in for its first service. I changed the oil and filter myself at 5000 miles and have done around 8k the service from Audi is due around April even though it won't have many more miles on it as I'm out of the country now until February. Fingers crossed they should service it in April regardless of mileage.

if you look in services in the cars menu it ll tell you when service is due , audi wont touch it till then
a new car could go 18k miles before its first oil change !
dont care how oil technology has moved on that long service intervals is not right and is the reason why modern engines dont last !

My car is booked in for an oil change with Audi next month @gingers3
DTYME83

Yes, my cars service menu was set at the wrong intervals which they have agreed so hopefully there won't be a problem when I want it service annually but won't be taking it to my local agent as have had terrible experiences with them over basic servicing, it's a shame because the cars are pretty good but I guess other cars servicing departments are equally useless, same story, can't do enough when selling you the vehicle then once you've got it they don't care. Have to buy a rolls Royce or similar next time but don't think they do a five year service plan for £450 lol.

Did not realise you could get a service plan with an s1 ,will call dealer and see if they will do the short interval service.shame service department not so good been with mini for past 12years and service department (derby) was spot on

When I went to get a price from my local dealer, Southend Audi who I wouldn't even trust to inflate a tyre, the salesman told me that the S1 was not covered by the service plan but I double checked and the entire A1 range including the S1 is included in the plan. I think they are reluctant to sell you a plan for the S1 as when I actually ordered the car from another dealer he was very vague about it until I insisted on it and he come back and agreed. It states on the Audi configurator that it's available so don't let them fob you off. Good luck.