Lunar Silver or Not? (S3 Nav Saloon)

Jiten C

Reaction score
As per title, looks like Lunar Silver is back in the october 2015 brochure...

Whats your thoughts? To help you the S3 is Sepang Blue without BSP but will have panoramic sunroof.
Also should I go with silver or black headliner?

Also the Tech Pack(with connect) is £350 cheaper than previously and the dealers are offering a £750 dealer contribution.
Can I take the new offer? Only order on Monday this week.
Can I amend the order prior to build week right?

I know its a lot of questions, thank you in advance for your help :)

Regards
Jit

Reactions: Jassyo06
Well the last two questions need to be answered by the dealer. As far as making changes, you will not be able to change right up to build week, it is locked before then.

Lunar every day!
I've had mine since Jan and still looks like new. Sealed them with dr leather dye block and give them a wipe every now and then with leather wipes...keeps them tip top. I wear dark jeans etc too, but never wet. Really sets off the sepang and ties in with the silver details outside.

Lunar every day!
I've had mine since Jan and still looks like new. Sealed them with dr leather dye block and give them a wipe every now and then with leather wipes...keeps them tip top. I wear dark jeans etc too, but never wet. Really sets off the sepang and ties in with the silver details outside.

Got any pics? My S3 arrives in a few weeks and I ordered it with the Lunar Silver interior. I'm in Australia and I've never seen one in the flesh. It was a leap of faith but as I ordered Panther Black for the exterior colour I just thought the contrast would be killer.

Got any pics? My S3 arrives in a few weeks and I ordered it with the Lunar Silver interior. I'm in Australia and I've never seen one in the flesh. It was a leap of faith but as I ordered Panther Black for the exterior colour I just thought the contrast would be killer.

Could only find this one.

We're does it say about the 750 dealer contribution. ..I could do with taking a screen shot to show.dealer.on Sunday..also I believe they give you a amount if you take finance with them ???

I had Lunar in my S3 Sportback, would definitely have chosen it again, really lifted the cabin away from a black hole, was easy to keep clean and had no marks on it when I sold my car @12 months after picking it up .. I realise it's a divisive choice, but I really liked it ...

As usual with these things, pick the one YOU like ..

Reactions: Audimad and crc
Another one for Lunar here.

I took it as a change from black. Im delighted with it. 6 months in and not a mark on it, looks like new.

I would have loved to have the option but here in the states its just black black black. regardless, questions like this are stupid. its your car and your choice.

As per title, looks like Lunar Silver is back in the october 2015 brochure...

Whats your thoughts? To help you the S3 is Sepang Blue without BSP but will have panoramic sunroof.
Also should I go with silver or black headliner?

Also the Tech Pack(with connect) is £350 cheaper than previously and the dealers are offering a £750 dealer contribution.
Can I take the new offer? Only order on Monday this week.
Can I amend the order prior to build week right?

I know its a lot of questions, thank you in advance for your help :)

Regards
Jit
That's my car your talking about lol Sepang/BSP/PANROOF lunar silver leather or maybe you've gone for the 3door anyway it's a nice combination of 3 colours yeah go for it

Attachments

• IMAG0529.jpg
    IMAG0529.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 305
The more i'm checking out pics the more i'mm thinking Lunar Silver :yum:
16123147748 355e4a7dd1 b
16445599926 5d9f541330 b
19067488793 564f3a78b8 o

Attachments

• 19500382488_e93e09a083_o.jpg
    19500382488_e93e09a083_o.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 235
Looks like something out of Pimp My Ride.

Reactions: Jake95
The more i'm checking out pics the more i'mm thinking Lunar Silver :yum:View attachment 70047View attachment 70048 View attachment 70049

lts not as bright looking as it is in them photos,plus remember apart from the centre backrest panel,the other back rest panels are velvet.
l love it.
where there is leather?its of a very good quality,it also hides the creases in the leather better than the dark grey leather does...Audi hallmark.....naff/poor seat/bolster cushions

Reactions: Simon L
lts not as bright looking as it is in them photos,plus remember apart from the centre backrest panel,the other back rest panels are velvet.
l love it.
where there is leather?its of a very good quality,it also hides the creases in the leather better than the dark grey leather does...Audi hallmark.....naff/poor seat/bolster cushions

........definitely worthy of consideration on the crease front if nothing else! :)

I climb in and out of the car like a bleedin ninja and the dark leather has still started to crease on mine.......bit of a bummer tbh :(

Go for lunar. It's awesome.

Reactions: crc and Jassyo06
........definitely worthy of consideration on the crease front if nothing else! :)

I climb in and out of the car like a bleedin ninja and the dark leather has still started to crease on mine.......bit of a bummer tbh :(

l thought i told ye to Fosbury Flop....mate,aye its a bit of a bummer...pardon the pun.... when l clean the seats it usually reduces the depth of them,what you using to clean them

l use Furniture Clinic...kit, one cleans the other helps to reduce the buttocks friction on the seats,helping the leather not to crease so easily
try it mate...its the best...used it on my last 3 cars...

l thought i told ye to Fosbury Flop....mate,aye its a bit of a bummer...pardon the pun.... when l clean the seats it usually reduces the depth of them,what you using to clean them

l use Furniture Clinic...kit, one cleans the other helps to reduce the buttocks friction on the seats,helping the leather not to crease so easily
try it mate...its the best...used it on my last 3 cars...

I used some Meguiars leather stuff on mine.

Will give FC a whirl me ol **** sparra ;)

I used some Meguiars leather stuff on mine.

Will give FC a whirl me ol **** sparra ;)

Meguiars stuff is naff...furniture clinic kit is quality...no shiney leather..just the natural Buff look....me old Mucker.....wink...lol

Also...ye know who put me on to the Furniture clinic kit was a Mod on the RCZ forum....A female, uber detailer...has even won Ultimate finish comps...so that says it all

Also...ye know who put me on to the Furniture clinic kit was a Mod on the RCZ forum....A female, uber detailer...has even won Ultimate finish comps...so that says it all

Yeah, sounds about right for you mate, gettin jiggy wiv it were you? ;) lol

Yeah, sounds about right for you mate, gettin jiggy wiv it were you? ;) lol

l am a one woman guy???...Avril..would chop me nuts of,f even talkin to a burd...My Frank Mac Avennie...days are long gone...lol

l am a one woman guy???...Avril..would chop me nuts of,f even talkin to a burd...My Frank Mac Avennie...days are long gone...lol

Oh me too mate, but at the end of the day so many lovely ladies, only one me.........be rude not to go on a charm offensive every now and then ;)

Simon and Jassy-------- Nice Bromance! :redface new:

Reactions: Simon L and Jassyo06
Yeah posting on a car forum on a Friday night says helps about one self lol

4:30 in the afternoon over here. :redface new:
You and Simon definitely make the threads more interesting. It's good to
have a good laugh.

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Simon L
Yeah posting on a car forum on a Friday night says helps about one self lol

Yep, not sure if it's Dumb and Dumber or Sad and Sadder!! lol

Interesting Jassy.
Do you use IT also on the velvet part of the backseat?
Not sure how to deal with IT in terms of cleaning.
Thanks

Back on topic lovers :)

Another one for lunar silver here.

I wouldn't have specced it, but got a cancelled order with it.
Really like it. In the pics it looks a bit cream....but in the flesh it's a light greyish/silver.

Another pic

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 249
And another

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 178
Interesting Jassy.
Do you use IT also on the velvet part of the backseat?
Not sure how to deal with IT in terms of cleaning.
Thanks
Paulo yeah you can use the ultra clean spray on the velvet,my cars interior was treated by the Dealer/my son with Scotchgard prior,but generally the velvet panels just need a light vacuuming
It's great stuff smells amazing and most of all very easy to apply it used to be around £40 but it can be got cheaper now

I love lunar...... I just wish I was brave enough to spec it! With a two year old i played it safe, but had it of been just my car and not a daily then lunar all the way