HID Conversion Kit

waveform2

* J e d i *
Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
Hi all,

As some prob know i had a hid conversion in my 1.8tqs some time ago that cost in excess of £350.

I've just bought one for £119 and its very good quality and VERY easy to fit, im well impressed.

Just thought if anyone was considering it i can pass on the guys details.

I'll take some pics some night when its dark.

I also fitted some angel eyes which i have pics off fitted that i'll post so it'll be before and after type thing.

Cheers

Derek

I had the VAG parts one (although not from them) which died a death.

very good price?? Pics and are they easy to install. whats the quality like ??

There is a group buy on audi-fans.net (S246parts.com) priced at £117.
How do these compare ?

Hi all.

Sorry for the delay but i havent had time.

Heres a pic of the actual ballasts they are amazing quality much better than my last kit that cost 3x the price.

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/vbpicgallery.php?do=big&p=427

The guy that sells them on ebay is here :

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/H1-H7-HID-Xen...ryZ72235QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

His name is herman im sure if you email him you can buy a set for 119 without doing it through ebay, i've had converations with the guy on the phone and he's very good to deal with and recommended.

Unfortunatley my new lights require H1 bulbs and i ordered H7's but he was excellent about it and is posting me a new set of bulbs as we speak.

I tested the H7's and the light output is spot on i must say for the money you MUST buy a set.

Cheers

Derek

I emailed him and he said i either bid and win @119 or Buy it now @129, and that was offering to buy 2 sets( hi and low) :)
Still looks good for the money tho

Does this kit get around the autocheck system too, so ou dont get that silly warning u have a bulb out and beeping?

waveform2 said:
I would use piaas for hi mate not 2 kits.

I have the same headlights as you. 2 x H1 bulbs, surely that would need 2 kits as the projector does the low beam/cut off etc.

If not whats the piaas, except a brand name plz?

PIAA do 8000k H1's and side light bulbs im gona get some.
Considered 2 kits but its not recommended for full beam.

Cheers

Derek

I use PIAA Plasma blue spark for full beam, however, they are a little TO blue, and the light doesnt go far enough....For full beam i recomend PIAA Extreme white. PIAA bulbs really are furst clasee...they plasmas were great as dipped, but the light doesnt travel far enough for mains.

Rich