New 1.8T TTE360 Stage

No sorry you make broad statements there Prawn with no technical insight or background I think in turbochargers. I've been involved with hybrids for Audi-sport them self (and others)and are Audi sport approved and being used today for track racing in professional series. Owens delvelopments do the same. Both big turbo types and OE hybrids have merits.

Last edited:
Come on Si, we're not talking about high level racing here, we're talking about 023 and 064 based hybrids in amateur level motorsport and trackdays.

Without a set of regs guiding the decision, no builder in their right mind would opt for a stock framed turbo with maxed out over sized internals to reach their desired power level, they'd pick something suitably sized that's over engineered for the job to allow it to run reliably when it needs to.

Your hybrids look really good, and serve an excellent purpose. Nobody is questioning thy.

I'm sure Chris's car is incredibly fast and fantastic to drive too, and it's an excellent advert for your very capable turbos.

But to suggest that a stock framed hybrid is a better option than something like a garret GT unit or similar for use on track, is quite simply utter madness.

I say this as a very happy user of a small stock framed turbo that's pushed hard. I love it, but I'm still under no illusion that it's better than the real deal.

Reactions: TTE Si, Pedrosousa and snowy
This thread should come with popcorn. I am just a spectator.

When are we going to see some sheets of dyno runs?

Who's got the shiniest turbo?

Who copied who?

lols

Reactions: Erikn89nl, VAG-Slag and snowy
All depends on aims. Example we worked with Novidem on a GTR 35 project to take the ring record. We tested and tried all types of turbos too 900+ hp and in the end our now lower powered hybrid TTE7XX on stock IHI units took the record.

You talk pressure ratio's. We monitor on certain types p1/p2/p3/p4 and EGT on some. Ko4-064 hybrid TTE480 was tested with some off those before release. And even now being put on some units for tuners to push hard and find limits.

Another example our MQB hybrids are really the number one for that platform for few years. We hold all the world records right now for hybrids and even TTE big frame turbos. But really the hybrid is proven to be so much nicer then big frame and super efficient. Even better over some others EFR ideas I feel from results shown.

What I'm saying is it's not so clear cut and a basic Garrett you mention is nothing special at all in my personal opinion. Also our professional knowledge is in our hybrids and comes from Track and Autobahn and general day to day run to the shop stuff... OEM+ is the aim

Last edited:
'Better' is very subjective and debatable.

Individual application is what it come down to. Moot point

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: TTE Si, Erikn89nl, tomjol and 2 others
No sorry you make broad statements there Prawn with no technical insight or background I think in turbochargers. I've been involved with hybrids for Audi-sport them self (and others)and are Audi sport approved and being used today for track racing in professional series. Owens delvelopments do the same. Both big turbo types and OE hybrids have merits.

With reference to your statement, 'with no technical insight or background',

I would like to know what professional engineering qualifications you have and from which university so that I can check them out, or are you just a salesman.

Hello AL, Sorry if came across harsh to your friend Prawn, now reading it back as you have highlighted maybe wasn't best words to use..I apologize to Prawn!

Ok ill give a brief run down on what I feel relevant and worthy to share.. I did study Engineering at Goldsmiths, University of London (was only fundamentals) when I served as an apprentice at EColes & Son for metal work fabrication and as draftsman(before days of CAD). Then I worked at a speed-shop called WEngineering as apprentice mechanic under Simon Frampton mainly working on two-stokes tuning/porting. He was a highly skilled guy was the ex head Mechanic at Stan Stephens and was Damon Hills Mechanic at one time so great guy to learn what I could from. Did work also at Loba-Motorsport doing many roles like bellow but actually never was a "Engineer" then at Loba, think has 1 now.

At TTE I have and do work closely with Engineers in our company and with others outside of TTE and do have and get technical insight and so do direct and instruct what I want or need to achieve for a certain project/idea/turbo. I do design and assemble and port turbos and work on parts for special projects and also do Customer service, social media, ordering, business development, research and development on parts and motors. And also do sales. I did ask/invent or set the spec on TTE360 in this thread, although Chris (engineer) says he did also hehe.. maybe bit of both

As with most small firms I think people do many roles so its never so clear cut but I do so much more than a salesman but sure I am that too!

Last edited:
Reactions: superkarl
Hello AL, Sorry if came across harsh to your friend Prawn, now reading it back as you have highlighted maybe wasn't best words to use..I apologize to Prawn!

Ok ill give a brief run down on what I feel relevant and worthy to share.. I did study Engineering at Goldsmiths, University of London (was only fundamentals) when I served as an apprentice at EColes & Son for metal work fabrication and as draftsman(before days of CAD). Then I worked at a speed-shop called WEngineering as apprentice mechanic under Simon Frampton mainly working on two-stokes tuning/porting. He was a highly skilled guy was the ex head Mechanic at Stan Stephens and was Damon Hills Mechanic at one time so great guy to learn what I could from. Did work also at Loba-Motorsport doing many roles like bellow but actually never was a "Engineer" then at Loba think has 1 now.

At TTE I have and do work closely with Engineers in our company and with others outside of TTE and do have and get technical insight and so do direct and instruct what I want or need to achieve for a certain project/idea/turbo. I do design and assemble and port turbos and work on parts for special projects and also do Customer service, social media, ordering, business development, research and development on parts and motors. And also do sales. I did ask/invent or set the spec on TTE360 in this thread, although Chris (engineer) says he did also hehe.. maybe bit of both

As with most small firms I think people do many roles so its never so clear cut but I do so much more than a salesman but sure I am that too!

Thanks for that insight. I and many others will find it interesting.

Reactions: Prawn, Rainbird, george_seamons and 1 other person
Still adding great input I see. I think popcorn is par for the course in the 1.8T world on this forum you can't get enough :blahblah1:.

Don't be silly. It's only been 11 months.

As if anyone would build and tune a car in less than 11 months! :laugh:

You can find some type of attitude in all comments if you are selective and look for it or you can take with a pinch of salt and relize it's a forum and full of waffle and talk that means little and most know it and peoples points and talk can be taken out of context or twisted or perceived as you like depending on your mood, affiliation or fondness of a competitors hardware or even if one is tired or has a lack of time to write a reply long enough to not upset everyone and there uncle .

Reactions: Prawn
Not looking for any arguments here!

Ive said my bit in reply to Chris. That's all.

As you were....

Reactions: TTE Si
what's with the competitive rubbish and posturing - upload some content (stats, implementations, guides and price lists) to your beautiful web site - I don't use facebook so don't have the exposure of all those people using these. all I see is Si on here telling everyone he invented the best turbo you can buy and the web site with beautiful pictures of clean unused turbos with some calming music! this thread has become frustrating.

Thanks I made that website in a day.

Price lists and info with veroius results and a news feed of Few of the TTE customers and more can be found on this forum in TTE sponsors section.

But Facebook is the best for real feedback and a much nicer vibe I find over forums In general personally. You should consider if just to get info on stuff or TTE

We have a TTE Owners group and our TTE main page.

Last edited:
yeah wix.com has some nice free templates - looks professional and includes all the widgets

identical to jade and andy's classic car example ;-)

you should make sure you protect your images rights though because those photos are amazing, people must be copying them - we got in trouble years ago when Getty found we were using some ancient photo as an outline only - don't know how they found out some scanning tool - we just took a lorry picture from google.

I built it from the ground up no free templates I can recall. We did and do have a all singing all dancing site with shop that I did also over many months, but we took offline for reasons. Seriously we can't meet the sales demands for our turbos and a shop is a nightmare as increases that and creates other issues and requires full time management. I'm considering to step away soon totally from public sales and forums and focus in others ways more productive.

errmm no you didn't build this site from the ground up it is generated from wix templates - that's some of the code below unless turboengineers also own wix.com? also the functionality is almost identical to the example template below with a few colour changes and your own images.

its okay - but if you talk BS about something simple - like this, then no one will believe you about serious things.

Wix1

Wix2

http://www.wix.com/website-template/view/html/1732

Reactions: Rainbird, badger5 and Erikn89nl
Ohh my god..Your making something out of nothing !! We are talking about different things and your way beyond me and it's over my head. I see your a wix geek on these things. All I'm saying is I did build it yes as you say on wix but what I'm saying is I did it.. layout and colours, tabs, pictures and I'd not seen that what you shared before or if I did, did I take any notice no BS As you imply

Reactions: S3Alex
I've had it on this thread and 1.8t forum haha I think. Good night enjoy. (not in a ****** way if anyone looking to twist)

Last edited:
Talk about pulling things way out of context. I bet 99% of websites are made off a template. Even audi sport is. Pointless twisting and trying to kick up a fuss about that.

Either way... why not focus on the topic of the thread.

Reactions: hydro s3, TTE Si, S3Alex and 1 other person
Sorry - but for someone to trust and believe someone else they don't expect little white lies.

"I built the site from the ground up in a day, with no templates as far as I know" <-- this is nonsense, also I cannot find the ecommerce site which Si said was so successful it had to be shut down. waybackmachine.org does show theturboengineers.com was "under maintenance" for months leading up to regular changes between March and May 2016.

I cannot personally believe Si - he sounds like a salesman I know - with an over-inflated resume and ridiculous current workload - looking at his current role, best of luck - I am done now.

btw - I had never heard of wix before / but it does look good.

I cannot personally believe Si - he sounds like a salesman I know - with an over-inflated resume and ridiculous current workload - looking at his current role, best of luck - I am done now.

I think I've got to stick a few pennies worth in at this point....

I've known Simon since his days at Loba Motorsport,and found him to be upfront,and helpful if perhaps a bit forthright at times(and I hope he won't mind me saying that,as it's not intended as a criticism).

He had given me a lot of very useful advice on clutches and some other components,all free of any obligations,and I found that to be honest and open,in a way that too few company representatives are.

People will always say as they feel,and their opinions are as valid as mine,but I can only speak from my own experience.

For the record,I'm not affiliated to either TTE or Loba,and I have none of their products in my car.

Reactions: superkarl, Alex C and TTE Si
Little white lies don't talk nonsense, nothing of the sort. Your twisting it and taking my words out of context 100%. Who can make a site in a day from scratch, meaning code, I can't.. You tried to it make look as if I copied and just reworked someone's site to me. When I never seen before you shared. ON MY KIDS LIFES *** !!!

Now on to the site it was under maintenance and closed in the end due to litigation.(reasons as I said) Wix site was done to have something safe.

Not sure why I'm forced to give you the ins and outs of me or our websites but here I am trying too.

I am just a salesman that's already been said but surely the turbos I sell are of importance not this waffle you now going on and on about ...

Last edited:
How some of you guys manage to walk down the street without getting into fisticuffs, I really don't know.

Another thread gone to **** due to stupid bickering...

Reactions: hydro s3, westcoast a3, Alex C and 2 others
I think I've got to stick a few pennies worth in at this point....

I've known Simon since his days at Loba Motorsport,and found him to be upfront,and helpful if perhaps a bit forthright at times(and I hope he won't mind me saying that,as it's not intended as a criticism).

I do get it wrong sometimes and trying to learn all the time on what's not to say or how to say.. I feel like a politician at times and worrry on how Joe bloggs might take, twist or read

Reactions: S3Alex
I do get it wrong sometimes and trying to learn all the time on what's not to say or how to say.. I feel like a politician at times and worrry on how Joe bloggs might take, twist or read

Just say it like it is....!

Since when is it ok to launch personal attacks on a person, let alone a reputable vendor on this site???

Get a grip people. There are more than one ways to skin a cat, and more than one hybrid turbo on the market. All doing the same job, to the same effect.
Why do people so badly need the reassurance that they have the 'best', latest and most original product.
Get a grip.

I personally think this thread should be cleaned of garbage. Its a vendors promotional thread.

Reactions: hydro s3, snowy, s3 Hoggy and 5 others
Oprah you get a car 56858aa004d713562

Reactions: Rainbird, Erikn89nl, craigt1985 and 1 other person
It all depends what owner want.
hybrid its good when you stay with stock manifold and downpipe, oem look
After that lets choose a turbo with good flow with ceramic ball bearing.
i would like to see how long it will last an hybrid making track with the 420hp on tfsi or k04-023 with 390hp.
Badger5 setup is great 400hp on 1.8t with hybrid, probably best hybrid, but in track how long until break
An gt30r internal WG will live a lot more than an hybrid with 400hp. Any doubt?
Its the same price mounting an hybrid or a gt30r (if tte, turbo gt30r its cheaper), you like spool Efr will do the job (cheaper than tte hybrid)

The turbo is the last thing anyone should rely on when wanting power. Build a good engine first as a basis. All the best on your turbo's ive seen some impressive stuff from MRC, looks good.

Anyways I miss my car, i heard @Tuffty's car yesterday and i miss that epic BANG on gearchange. Something the beema just doesnt have. :(

Got a TTE390 on a 1.8T. Hit bang on the numbers.

ANY turbo is only as good as the rest of the gear its bolted to. K03s on a **** engine, restrictive cooler, exhaust, worn internals and it wont make the same power that many others have made before with higher results. Same with a GTX?? or whatever, bolt that onto a ropey engine and it wont perform as good as a engine/setup thats running well.

AS for hybrids on track....not had one issue with mine. lets face it...all down to how well its mapped and how good the EGTs are. Can have a nice cool running k0*hybrid kicking out 750-800c EGTs at a nice sensible boost level and will be fine. Can also have a GTX?? at much higher EGTs (950-1000c and higher boost). What would one rather have....a hot running big turbo or a nice efficient hybrid. All down to how well its mapped.
Where are you measuring EGTs from? Downpipe ? or from collector?

Scared to post this here... But here goes

Seat Ibiza
TTE360 Turbo
Chinafold (JBS copy exhaust manifold)
Forged rods ( stock piston )
1000cc injectors
Fmic
Exhaust
S3 maf
98 ron fuel (no wmi)
C2 Motorsport custom map at 1.5 bar peak

Result 363PS 490Nm (36°C temp ambient)

More to come soon when car revisits for higher boost tune after fix of a few issues (boost leak and sick MAF) really good result at Hot temps and few issues... The response looks great and as said more to come!

Reactions: snowy, SamHendry, superkarl and 1 other person
It's a shame I couldn't get this running on my old car thanks to pro4 crap.

Totally unrelated but I saw a golf R (tte600 I think) do a 10.6 quarter mile at Santa pod :wtf: mad lol

Plots look nice and consistent. 1000cc injectors seem relatively large - used for additional headroom moving forward/extra cooling or some other reason?

It's a shame I couldn't get this running on my old car thanks to pro4 ****.

Totally unrelated but I saw a golf R (tte600 I think) do a 10.6 quarter mile at Santa pod :wtf: mad lol

Yes our GOLF 7R TTE600R. Did 10.6 at 128mph and is to date a world record 1/4 mile time for a hybrid on the platform.

Last edited:
Plots look nice and consistent. 1000cc injectors seem relatively large - used for additional headroom moving forward/extra cooling or some other reason?

Yeah thought the same myself can only think head room could be for E85 in the future as they do have that option in Europe

Reactions: Rainbird
What fitment is this turbo Simon? Is it OEM 1.8T K04 housing style?

TTE360 Upgrade Turbocharger

Introducing our pinnacle power stage while based on the original turbocharger the TTE360 performance turbocharger for the 1.8T. Offering a estimated 360PS with correct hardware & software, near Plug & Play Upgrade with fantastic response and OEM reliability. OEM+

Engineered & Enhanced

TTE360 is a evolution from our TTE340 stage and is based on a brand new Genuine BorgWarner K04 turbocharger, that we dismantle and set about upgrading as Turbo Engineers.
To produce a TTE360 K04(ko4 housings K16 turbine) upgrade turbocharger we use a much larger BorgWarner 7+7 billet compressor wheel, chosen because it is highly efficient. We CNC Re-Profile the compressor cover in house to a optimized tight tolerance and finish to ensure maximum compressor efficiency is given. 7+7 Blade technology enables lower boost threshold giving the user faster spool-up at lower engine speeds while providing the high boost with much less heat for powerful top-end performance.
I believe it is