S4 quattro Black Edition

Looking good Pal :)

Reactions: golfather1
I have a black one too

Reactions: scotty76 and golfather1
here is the question for you guys hard to explain but i will try, I noticed this morning when turning the car slowly feel like tyres are slipping or juddering sound coming out from my front tyres. road conditions dry & car tyre thread fine too.

any guesses or i can always take it back to dealer.

here is the question for you guys hard to explain but i will try, I noticed this morning when turning the car slowly feel like tyres are slipping or juddering sound coming out from my front tyres. road conditions dry & car tyre thread fine too.

Totally normal behaviour. Had it on every quattro Audi I've ever owned.

I just took it for a drive & take few turns yes its coming from tyres no knocking from suspension or arms.

sounds nasty though from such a beautiful car lol

thanks guys

Would have liked to have deleted the front grille badge too for ultimate stealth but that would involve a hacksaw.
Strange - I was under the impression that the badge clips on. That would make sense so that the grille part is common across the range.

I'm still undecided on whether to keep the v6t badges. I ordered it debadged but of course it was ignored, despite me checking multiple times.
Strange again - when I ordered my car debadging was not an option.

I recall badge-delete being a selectable option when I ordered mine. That was in March this year.

I just took it for a drive & take few turns yes its coming from tyres no knocking from suspension or arms.

If I have it right (which is debatable) the front diff which is housed in the s-tronic box is a fairly bog standard one, so when turning with a significant radius there is risk of slip at the front wheels.

I recall badge-delete being a selectable option when I ordered mine. That was in March this year.
I checked the 2015 brochures (anything to avoid getting back to real work :)). "Deletion of engine technology designation at rear" is not available for either the S4 or the S5 sportback. "Deletion of model and engine technology designation at rear" is an available option for the S4, but not for the S5. Since there is no engine technology designation at rear on the S4, possibly the S4 brochure is in error and it should be unavailable?

I checked the 2015 brochures (anything to avoid getting back to real work :)). "Deletion of engine technology designation at rear" is not available for either the S4 or the S5 sportback. "Deletion of model and engine technology designation at rear" is an available option for the S4, but not for the S5. Since there is no engine technology designation at rear on the S4, possibly the S4 brochure is in error and it should be unavailable?

Well it might explain why mine showed up with them!!

It might also indicate that you paid closer attention to the fine print than I did. :)

Agree.....kind of.....
My B8 S4 did it but my A4 Quattro B8.5 is silent and no feeling of front tyre scrub at all.

Mine does this too. I'd assumed it's what people call "diff scrub". I'm not worried.

I was talking to my friend yesterday who use to owned RS4 & he said he changed his front tyres & problem was solved. so i am not sure if this is to do with tyres make. I got continental what you guys running ?

Bridgestone Potenza RE050A AO & I get diff scrub

Strange - I was under the impression that the badge clips on. That would make sense so that the grille part is common across the range.

That's what I thought too but on closer inspection the grille itself has a moulding of the plastic joining the two horiontal bars where the badge sits, forming a bracket. The badge does indeed clip into this but would then be conspicuous by its absence as there would be a strange looking holey plate where it used to be. Taking a hacksaw to that would then make it look even worse.

The grilles do vary across the range. At its most extreme the Allroad had vertical grille bars versus all the others which had horizontal ones. The S4 used to have vertical bars too, maybe in the V8 era. I've seen a grille which just had the quattro badge which didn't sit on such a sturdy bracket as the S4 badge.

Not that bothered about it but part of me thinks that the less shouty jewellery the car has the less chance of attracting attention by ne’er-do-wells. And yes, I know, four exhaust pipes and shiny wing mirrors are the obvious give away.

My old A4 Quattro did this, can be due to low tred, with new tyres on it went away. Both sets of tyres were eagle f1's

Happens to mine too. Noticed it from new with full tyre tread. Same tyres as @scotty76.

Guys i have sim card slot in my car is this for WIFI connection in the car ?

Indirectly. The SIM slot allows you to have a 2G/3G telephone connection so that Audi Connect works. This enhances the SatNav (e.g. Google maps and traffic data), and indeed allows the internal wifi to route an internet connection for connected devices.

I get a lot less 'diff scrub' on my S5 (Pirelli P-Zeros) than my B5 S4 had (Michelin PS3).

looks like everyone have different make tyres & all above mentioned are good makes not cheap tyres, I noticed this noise more & more now & its very annoying.

Running on Vredestein Ultrac Vortis. Must admit I don't really hear this noise, although I'm sure I used to on my old conti sport contact 3s. Don't remember 100%.

Incidentally, they are not expensive. I got 4 delivered from tinterweb and fitted for £550. 19's too.

Two things I don't like on my car. Ebrake as it is not auto and when in manual mode the car changes gear once it hits a rev limit. So not really manual. I have a mk7 gti and it does not do this

Ok guys took a whole day to get the car because of finance paperwork etc, But in the end every second was worth it, when i was driving back on motorway smile on my face was priceless, WHAT A MACHINE!!! loving the instant power the smoothness of big 3.0 v6 & the sound to die for!!!!

Only few hours of driving & i fell in love with the car, on the way back on M6 traffic i done 35 MPG which i think is excellent for this engine.
when test drive there was clicking noise from suspension which they rectify straight away, some kind of spring was lose.

Here are some pictures but i will post more pictures soon :s4addict::s4addict::s4addict::s4addict::s4addict:

Thank you very much everyone for help & i am sure you will see me again with more annoying questions. :yahoo:
@golfather1 - S4 looks great buddy! :thumbs up:

Welcome to the A4/S4 B8 section

So this morning i got up & decided i need tints on my car, I rang few places in Birmingham & found this place called Midlands tints in very reasonable price & people are very down to earth, they had cancelation so they booked me in straight away no drama.

They showed me all the work they been doing on very expensive cars & they also do wrapping & some of their profile pictures are very impressive. they done excellent job on my car & they insure me if i have any problem with tints they will sort it out.

I defiantly recommend you guys if you are local, Here are some pictures.

Attachments

• image1[1].jpeg
    image1[1].jpeg
    79.6 KB · Views: 114
  • image2[1].jpeg
    image2[1].jpeg
    77.7 KB · Views: 148
  • image5[1].jpeg
    image5[1].jpeg
    72.3 KB · Views: 120
  • image6[1].jpeg
    image6[1].jpeg