140TDI 'Bucks' at 1800RPM

Geoffads

Reaction score
Don't really know how to describe it but having the issue again where the car just intermittently craps out at about 1800RPM, it's like it has no power or it's going to stall. Drives fine at higher revs. Could it be the MAF? Gave it a clean a few months ago and it had been fine until yesterday, worth just getting a new one?

Last edited:
It's a sort of hesitation/stuttering, but only at 1800rpm.

With regards to a new MAF, anyone used a haas? Or just pay the extra for Bosch?

My BKD had this issue prior to ECU remap, friend's car is stock and also has the issue. Seems to be very common with these engines.

Reactions: Geoffads
Clean Maf again, if it fixes the problem get a new one. I'd go for Bosch as I've never heard of the other company

Clean Maf again, if it fixes the problem get a new one. I'd go for Bosch as I've never heard of the other company
I don't really think I did a great job cleaning it last time, there's a guard over the inlet so you can't direct the spray. Will give it a go and see if it's any better.
Only seems to really happen when the engine is hot.

Was even worse on the way home today, started stuttering at higher revs. 2200ish. Stopping off at the garage later I think.

No errors, stood next to the car with them with the engine running and it kept cutting out. Disconnected the cam sensor and it was ok.
Hopefully in next week to fit a new one.