DTM tuning advice

WozzaAK

Reaction score
Hello guys, I'm after some tuning advice. I have recently bought the Audi b7 DTM, it already had a de-cat, K&N panel filter & iridium plugs. I have had an remap done by AVO tuning & fitted H&R 45mm springs. I was wondering what the next step should be in gaining more power or better power delivery. Thanks!

It all depends how much you want to be spending?

Personally I'd be changing the decat for a sports cat with a full system of your choice, you could also look into a cold air induction system, it doesn't give huge gains but it does sound good and with these mods you can then get a Stage 2 remap, if you want to go that bit further you can look into getting a High pressure fuel pump, then you could go Stage 2+ with the remap but you may also want to look into a new clutch too.

The above is the minimum requirements for the maps, you could also look into intercoolers and injectors but one important thing is to replace the useless PCV to a catch can system which should stop some of the crap going back into the engine. If you want to spend big then look at the APR B7 S3 upgrade (basically a new turbo and manifold)

So like I said, it really depends on how much you want to spend. One thing though.... Make sure that your car is in good condition before you look into modding!

Reactions: WozzaAK
It all depends how much you want to be spending?

Personally I'd be changing the decat for a sports cat with a full system of your choice, you could also look into a cold air induction system, it doesn't give huge gains but it does sound good and with these mods you can then get a Stage 2 remap, if you want to go that bit further you can look into getting a High pressure fuel pump, then you could go Stage 2+ with the remap but you may also want to look into a new clutch too.

The above is the minimum requirements for the maps, you could also look into intercoolers and injectors but one important thing is to replace the useless PCV to a catch can system which should stop some of the **** going back into the engine. If you want to spend big then look at the APR B7 S3 upgrade (basically a new turbo and manifold)

So like I said, it really depends on how much you want to spend. One thing though.... Make sure that your car is in good condition before you look into modding!

Thank you, Euans2. I think CAI, exhaust & Gfb with a rev d diverter valve will be next. Not sure what a catch can system is but I will do some research. Can I not fit an exhaust to the de-cat & why is a sports cat better. Is fitting an aftermarket exhaust worth it or just future proof if I decide on stage 2+. Apologies for any silly questions, I'm still learning. Cheers

GFB is a good idea. Yeah you can fit an exhaust onto the de-cat, I'm just not a fan of de-cats as it pain when you need to put the cat back on for MOT time, a sports cat is just a cat with less cells than a standard cat which obviously allows for better air flow (not as good as a de-cat though). I fitted a full Milltek system including sports cat to my car, the difference was huge, instantly the car felt much more responsive, it definitely feels like its freed up a number of ponies, my old exhaust was on it's last legs though. I'm not sure how much of a difference it would make to your car though as they say the biggest gains are to be had by changing the downpipe/cat to a larger more free flowing type and you have already changed to a de-cat.

Reactions: WozzaAK