DTM planned tuning mods, advice.

BarryM

Reaction score
So after having a nose around last week noticed one of my old A4s had come back up for sale by the fella I had sold it too 5 years earlier! Was always sorry to see it go so went and bought it back!

Its a Phantom Black and is standard with only 59k, just had the timing belt and water pump done. Also doing the cam follower and seal in the fuel pump this week. Already fitted the replica RS4 Black front grille and a private 'DTM' plate.

I'm planning a few sensible modifications to the car, don't want it for all out power but a little more power and torque mid range would be nice. Here's a list of proposed mods:

Ramair Panel Filter
Iridium Spark Plugs
Dump Valve (possibly GFB DV+) but may need something will a little more noise
034 Motorsports Sports Cat (want to keep the original cat back)
Stage 1 Remap

If this produced somewhere in the region of 260bhp with good power delivery/torque I will be happy.

I am still a bit wary about the Remap, as I used a company a few years back to map a TT 225 I once owned, the car blew its coil packs on the way back from getting it done, (which I am told is common on the 20v engines) then also fitted Iridium plus which the remapper recommended. Then the turbo went a few years later with not many miles added since it was done.

I need something reliable and for me to not be worried that somethings going to go wrong if I put my foot down occasionally.

Any advice welcomed or has anyone done similar with these mods and being happy with the results.

Last edited:
Where abouts are you in the country?. Rick at Unicorn Motor Developments in Stockport is very good at getting good reliable power from these cars.

Im up near Warrington, so that's not far off, their website looks impressive, A few people have said stick to the big guns via mapping like, APR, AMD, REVO etc..

Add a EGR delete to the list and rework some fresh lines in there