2016 Map Update

Same issue here...no maps download on my.audi. It has been there before. But wasn't there a limitation how many times you should be able to download a map?

So he tried fobbing my off saying that it's not available on my car despite me saying that I've done it twice before and that my mate with the same car has done it over the weekend (little white lie meaning you guys) - despite that he referred me back to my dealer. I told him to expect a follow up call from me tomorrow. His name was Mark in case anyone else gives them a ring.
I had the same experience when my language changed to German and wouldn't go back. I had to spend a good couple hours trying everything I could think of myself until I managed to get it to reset.

To be honest, I don't expect a huge amount from my.audi anymore, things seem to come and go on my widgets page, my special destinations has disappeared since we spoke yesterday, connect appeared for me a few days back when I don't even have it..seems like a service in need of a massive overhaul!

Reactions: Rob2k68
Same issue here...no maps download on my.audi. It has been there before. But wasn't there a limitation how many times you should be able to download a map?
Most seem to have five updates after the version that came with the car, however those people here have yet to update 5 times mostly..

So he tried fobbing my off saying that it's not available on my car despite me saying that I've done it twice before and that my mate with the same car has done it over the weekend (little white lie meaning you guys) - despite that he referred me back to my dealer. I told him to expect a follow up call from me tomorrow. His name was Mark in case anyone else gives them a ring.

Based on your response from CS I have now sent an email to the Senior After Sales Advisor at my dealership so we'll see what comes back from him.

Based on your response from CS I have now sent an email to the Senior After Sales Advisor at my dealership so we'll see what comes back from him.

Nice one - thank you ;o)

I can see this one running and totally agree with Wondering Soul after his German language experience.

Don't suppose anyone can host it or pop the memory card in the post to me ? - I'll send it back by return post. Would like to check that the car still updates at the very least.

Reactions: glospete
Nice one - thank you ;o)

I can see this one running and totally agree with Wondering Soul after his German language experience.

Don't suppose anyone can host it or pop the memory card in the post to me ? - I'll send it back by return post. Would like to check that the car still updates at the very least.
Feel free to send me a PM if your still in need. Don't mind sending one up to you.

There is no limit on the number of times you download a map update, only a limit on the number of maps available to you. If you get my drift...

Reactions: Wondering Soul
Same for me, no map update option on myaudi - and I haven't yet had to update so should have 5 available.

Nice one - thank you ;o)

Received a reply from my dealer:

"I have checked at this end but there is nothing we can do with regards to the updates missing on your myaudi.com account I would advise you to contact the website direct as this side of thing is dealt with by Audi AG.
Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with."

So my reply (which I've just sent) says:

"Hi Ian
The problem is that Audi Customer Services (who are the point of contact I assume) have directed everyone with this problem to contact their local dealer so it seems we’re all being sent in a circle. The attached extract from the Audi Connect Services Operating Manual says that “You can also have the map data installed by an Audi dealer (there would be a charge for this service)”. As the MyAudi.com service seems not to be working then can I assume you would update my maps without charge?"

Let's see if that elicits a more helpful response.

Rob, I'd also like to "borrow" the SD card if you get a copy - as you say at least it'll satisfy us to know that the map WILL update and that we are not locked out of the update system.

Reactions: Wondering Soul and Rob2k68
This is the latest version, if anyone wants to check version numbers.

IfPsQ9s.jpg

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Wondering Soul
I don't even get the updates tab.

I can't even add a map update widget..... the only widget it will offer me is an internet radio update for the a1 or q3....what a bag of sugar!!

No updates happening here at anytime in the future I think.

Yet to speak to my dealer about this but, if I get fobbed off with the "nothing we can do" line then I'll be taking the approach that these map updates aren't a courtesy but something that was paid for as part of a £1500 option and I damn well want them made available again!

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Wondering Soul
emmmm, can't actually say I've tried the update.........................not so sure I'll bother looking at this dogs dinner!!

Hi All,

I'm a new member to the forum and I'd like to say thanks to jaypers777 for the heads up.

Logged into myAudi and the update (Europe Version 2015) was available under the services section.
The only annoying thing was that due to my stone age broadband connection, the complete package took 12 hours to download!

Sorry to hear that some of you are having issues, this is the second time I've updated the maps without a problem.

Reactions: Wondering Soul, Simon L and Rob2k68
I've also sent an email to Audi AG Customer Services as they are responsible for MyAudi.com - the more pressure we put them under the better!

Feel free to send me a PM if your still in need. Don't mind sending one up to you.

PM on it's way - thanks for that much appreciated !

....Rob, I'd also like to "borrow" the SD card if you get a copy - as you say at least it'll satisfy us to know that the map WILL update and that we are not locked out of the update system.

Yes by all means if I manage to obtain this I'll post an SD card to you - prob the one earlier on this thread from Amazon looks cheap n cheerful!

Yet to speak to my dealer about this but, if I get fobbed off with the "nothing we can do" line then I'll be taking the approach that these map updates aren't a courtesy but something that was paid for as part of a £1500 option and I damn well want them made available again!

Good Call !!

I've also sent an email to Audi AG Customer Services as they are responsible for MyAudi.com - the more pressure we put them under the better!

Think I'll end up doing the same. Going to ring Customer Services again tomorrow and tell them that the dealer referred me back to them, hopefully I'll get a more receptive Customer Services representative not holding my breath mind. The more complaints that are logged then the better chance that they'll do something about it although that didn't really help those with rattly turbos !

So how difficult can this be ?? It's a website right that maybe links to a database - so you have a date that the car is registered then a date that the first nav update becomes available (month 5 or month 11 ish by my reckoning), then the last update is 2 1/2 years after that or if that's too difficult just tie the date into when the standard 3 year warranty is up !! C'mon Audi it's not that hard - at least with my Seat I knew where I was and didn't get tormented - when it works it's very good !!!

I don't even get the updates tab.

I can't even add a map update widget..... the only widget it will offer me is an internet radio update for the a1 or q3....what a bag of sugar!!

No updates happening here at anytime in the future I think.

Join the club mate - it's pretty pants !!! I can get a few more widgets but don't use Twitter.

Join the club mate - it's pretty pants !!! I can get a few more widgets but don't use Twitter.

Sorry Rob but the map updates are definitely available on myaudi for me......................... in fact there's 3 updates waiting, the last being 2016.

Quick question if I may..........do I need all 3 or just the latest?

Sorry Rob but the map updates are definitely available on myaudi for me......................... in fact there's 3 updates waiting, the last being 2016.

Quick question if I may..........do I need all 3 or just the latest?

Good to hear you've got it mate. Just the last one go straight for ECE 2016.

Reactions: Simon L
What is this bellend of a website trying to do????

When I clicked prepare map it downloaded some .jnlp file which unsurprisingly isn't recognised by Windows?? What is the meaning of this b***cks??

What is this bellend of a website trying to do????

When I clicked prepare map it downloaded some .jnlp file which unsurprisingly isn't recognised by Windows?? What is the meaning of this b***cks??

From memory could be some sort of Java download applet thingy - it's a Java web start file I believe. Download Java and you should be sorted.

Map updates seem to have disappeared for me to. I will email Audi CS tomorrow. The more the better. Does anyone have an email address to hand, the contact page only shows an address?

Cheers guys, thought I already had Java installed...............I'll have another bash later :)

Map updates seem to have disappeared for me to. I will email Audi CS tomorrow. The more the better. Does anyone have an email address to hand, the contact page only shows an address?

I found this via the link on the MyAudi page so I sent it there and have had an acknowledgement (in German!) so it definitely got through:

kundenbetreuung@audi.de

Cheers guys, thought I already had Java installed...............I'll have another bash later :)

Are you Apple or Windows Si ? My neighbour always comes round mine for his Skoda updates as they wont work on his Mac.

Are you Apple or Windows Si ? My neighbour always comes round mine for his Skoda updates as they wont work on his Mac.

Windoze mate :)

Got it downloaded although it came in a bunch of files. Thought it might have been a .zip or in a folder. Anyway, will whack the SD card in and see what happens........... ;)

Download took 16 mins for GB/Ireland/Iceland........so guess Europe would have been about an hour. @Audiultron................... 12 hours???? **** me, that is bad!! lol

Full download is about 20gb. Took me just over an hour.......thank God for fibre!

Download took 16 mins for GB/Ireland/Iceland........so guess Europe would have been about an hour. @Audiultron................... 12 hours???? **** me, that is bad!! lol
Yep it sure is bad Simon, our internet is non-existent at times (get up-to 4mb if we're lucky). I just have to wait and leave downloads running overnight. :sign unfair:

Oh well, it's done now which is the main thing... till next time.

P.s. Meant to say 2016 maps in my earlier post, not 2015.
clear.png

Yep it sure is bad Simon, our internet is non-existent at times (get up-to 4mb if we're lucky). I just have to wait and leave downloads running overnight. :sign unfair:

Oh well, it's done now which is the main thing... till next time.

P.s. Meant to say 2016 maps in my earlier post, not 2015.
clear.png

How long did it take to install just out of interest? I've heard anything up to 2.5 hours for the larger ones..............that would probably take me a week the mileage I do!!

Reactions: Audi Ultron
How long did it take to install just out of interest? I've heard anything up to 2.5 hours for the larger ones..............that would probably take me a week the mileage I do!!
It took the best part of 1 hour to install the complete package, which was pretty similar to the last one as it happens.

Gave me an excuse to give the car a good run as I've not done that much mileage of late.

When I downloaded, it insisted on the latest version of Java.
Yes it does require the latest Java release. If your on Mac there was quite a large Java update released recently, you will need that to use the Audi Java applet.

Full EU map update is a little over 20GB, luckily got 200mb fibre in work so took less than 12 minutes! Took longer to copy to the SD card!

Is there any possibility of anyone on here posting the GB update for cars with SD Nav on a hosting site somewhere?

I cant even get an update tab for satnav on my audi. On thinking about it, I reckon it may be due to the fact that I got SD nav enabled by the dealership... Maybe Audi Germany do t recognise my car as having nav at all, hence no map updates tab.....