Audi A5 Gods please help

chardy

Australias Very Own
Reaction score
Hey guys,

New member from Melbourne, Australia. I own a 2010 A5 2.0 TFSI Sportsback (4 door).
Absolutely love the car, although recently I'm starting to get worried that something is wrong!! NOOOOOOO.

Whenever I am coming to a complete stop or rolling very slowly (less than 5km/h) and revs are under 1,000rpm, the car feels like its shuddering or wanting to stall. It's made worse when first started and if the air con is on.

I had the car scanned 6 weeks ago and nothing showed up, otherwise no other issues and drives fine when rolling.

Any ideas/help??

I'm no god, but first thing that needs to be established is what transmission you have? I presume it's an Auto, do you know which one? Multitronic, S-Tronic or Triptronic?

If it's a FWD 2.0tfsi 2010 I would guess it's Multitronic?

I'm no god, but first thing that needs to be established is what transmission you have? I presume it's an Auto, do you know which one? Multitronic, S-Tronic or Triptronic?

If it's a FWD 2.0tfsi 2010 I would guess it's Multitronic?

Sorry mate, forgot to mention that - 7 speed DSG auto, so I'm assuming S-tronic?

I've noticed theres a significant noise when moving slowly in reverse (ie not applying throttle)

Does this all sound like a clutch??

My car does the same thing, not when coming to a stop but moving at low speeds in reverse.

But that's just the Quattro. Kind of rumbles.

Audi reckons its the Mech.... Another shop reckons the clutch...

I could cry.

Just got called from Audi Australia who basically said because I haven't kept the car in the Audi network they can't offer me any discounts or concessions!

First and last time Audi owner checking in :(

It is 5 going on 6 years old so well out of warranty. How many miles/ km has it done ?.