A5 MMI Help please

rooby_roo

Reaction score
hi all, I have just bought a a5 from auction, the mmi isn't working, it dosnt come on when I turn the ignition on, ive tried holding the 3 buttons down, it fires up for about 3 second but then just goes blank again, ive tried it a few times but does the same thing everytime, any ideas please, ive plugged my snap on ethos + in but it wont communicate with the audio or nav, I just hope its not gonna be a dear fix, thanks in advance for any advice at all.

Sorry to here that rooby roo.

They are expensive to fix but if you pm ASH187 of NHN they will know what to do, both Audi Gods!

Just noticed that Ash187 has his 3G MMI high for sale so could be a god send for you:yahoo:

Good luck

Last edited:
Could be down to a single module failure or a bad connection. You need to get the car scanned with VCDS where are you based as someone on the forum may be able to help.

Im near Hereford, I alsio noticed today that the carpet behind the drivers seat is wet, would that have something to do with it, ? a mate has plugged vag-com in and it wont communicate with anything related to the mmi

UPDATE I have today had through the post some history from audi, in the last 4 months the car has had over 5k spent on it, clutch , flywheel etc , also it says that the mmi wasn't worming and they've said its the telephone control unit not working, is it just a case of getting one from a a breaker or does it need coding, or can I get it to work by by passing this some how, ?