Audi Bairn

You'll be amazed to hear that the first part relates to the cars I drive :whistle2:

Second part relates to the fact I'm originally from the Falkirk area.

Reactions: PanamaS3 and Rolly12
Great thread mate! I'm very worried about some of the replies tho lol !!

Mines not terribly exciting just my name and the year I'll be getting a letter from the queen.
A vintage year it was too mate :friends:

Reactions: PanamaS3, Jassyo06 and Rob2k68
Christoph7r, refers to a mix of my first name: Christopher and my Mk7 Golf R which i had before the S3, couldn't change it to what my Instagram currently is: Chris3imm (Which is my first name: Chris and my last name: Simm mixed with the S3)

Reactions: PanamaS3, Jassyo06, Audi Bairn and 1 other person
As boring as it gets: Lehn is my middle name. Thinking of changing my Instagram to lehns3 when it get the car.

Reactions: PanamaS3, Jassyo06 and Audi Bairn
Mine is equally boring, my first name and the first letter of my last name.

@Rob2k68 I had it in my head you were younger than that.

Reactions: Sandra, PanamaS3, Audi Bairn and 3 others
First name and my first Audi was a B8 A4

Reactions: PanamaS3, Audi Bairn, Djs3saloon and 1 other person
Mine is equally boring, my first name and the first letter of my last name.

@Rob2k68 I had it in my head you were younger than that.

LoL thanks man - young at heart I put it down to my 6y/o wingman :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: azibux1, PanamaS3, Audi Bairn and 2 others
Needed a username once for a phone wargame so naturally wanted 'bonecrusher' that was taken so Weebonecrusher was born The weeb kinda stuck after that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: richinsoton, PanamaS3, Audi Bairn and 2 others
Initials.... followed by the best car on the planet:yahoo:

Reactions: PanamaS3, Audi Bairn and Jassyo06
Do I have to explain? Arguably, the most famous choo choo and it blows out a lot of steam!!! I use that name also with an avatar pic of Jim Clark on other sites

Jim-Clark.jpg

Reactions: richinsoton, Audi Bairn, BarryG79 and 1 other person
Mine's short for Captain Moonlight.....hope that clears mine up...................................

Reactions: PanamaS3 and Jassyo06
Do I have to explain? Arguably, the most famous choo choo and it blows out a lot of steam!!! I use that name also with an avatar pic of Jim Clark on other sites

Jim-Clark.jpg

Had the pleasure of seeing that a while back, not had the pleasure of going on though. It's much nicer to see than anything I get to drive!

Mine's short for Captain Moonlight.....hope that clears mine up...................................

Nope, in fact it opens more questions as to where the captain part comes from? Are you a pirate? In the army? A pilot? The captain of a sports team?

Reactions: PanamaS3, Audi Bairn and Jassyo06
lol...let me enlighten you (you wish I hadn't)

Picture the scene 1992...Far and Away - Tom Cruise (that's right I am he!)..no seriously and looking back oddly one of my favourite films(and even more oddly became 'our' film some years later)..Captain Moonlight was a code name in that film..(think in truth it came from an Australian/Irish Bushranger)in or around 1998 I became connected to t'interweb I say connected...dial up..jeez and one of my first er websites I 'joined ' (not this one!)needed a username ...actually thinking about it ..it may have been a VW forum...and it was the first obscure name that came to mind.....captainmoonlight......and since I have streamlined it..and copyrighted it....now you know.

https://www.getyarn.io/yarn-clip/8fea9e9f-7787-4e3d-83b9-822c40f56e06

Reactions: PanamaS3, Audi Bairn, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
Me being boring little me its just my first name and first initial of my surname

Reactions: PanamaS3, Djs3saloon, Audi Bairn and 1 other person
lol...let me enlighten you (you wish I hadn't)

Picture the scene 1992...Far and Away - Tom Cruise (that's right I am he!)..no seriously and looking back oddly one of my favourite films(and even more oddly became 'our' film some years later)..Captain Moonlight was a code name in that film..(think in truth it came from an Australian/Irish Bushranger)in or around 1998 I became connected to t'interweb I say connected...dial up..jeez and one of my first er websites I 'joined ' (not this one!)needed a username ...actually thinking about it ..it may have been a VW forum...and it was the first obscure name that came to mind.....captainmoonlight......and since I have streamlined it..and copyrighted it....now you know.

https://www.getyarn.io/yarn-clip/8fea9e9f-7787-4e3d-83b9-822c40f56e06

Haha that's cleared it up!

Me being boring little me its just my first name and first initial of my surname

Nothing wrong with that :grinning:

Reactions: PanamaS3, Jassyo06 and Karen O'
My initials are actually KO'R lol

Reactions: PanamaS3, Audi Bairn, Tom.H and 1 other person
PlayStation online ID :tearsofjoy: At the time, GTA IV was about to come out and I was in love :hearteyes:

Reactions: Djs3saloon, Audi Bairn, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
Name of the company I work for shortened down, followed by my birth month.

Reactions: PanamaS3
pan...cos i like cooking
a ma....cos I love my mum
S....cos my mums name is Stella
3....cos those are my brothers
*** jassy! i dont want people knowing where I live and what car i drive!

Reactions: richinsoton, The Kendragon, Djs3saloon and 3 others
Thought l would ressurect this old thread as there's been a whole batch of newer members since
Your challenge for this week is to get our Simon on here for a catch-up. @Simon L he has had enough time out. :) x

Reactions: PanamaS3, Ozmosis, Audi Bairn and 3 others
TDI-line

Well, at the time of joining A-S.net in 2004, i didn't own a car, let alone an Audi. But wanted a TDI S-line.

So, had sold a Mk1 Golf R32, and was waiting for the first A3 Sportback to come out, so i waited and saved, (PCP wasn't really a good option either), and then the A3 Sportback was released in S-line guise 8P.

And i couldn't afford it.

So had a few different VW's instead, and stayed on here, with a few other post whores, including JoJo.

I got my 1st Sportback S-line around 2008-9.

Reactions: PanamaS3, Ozmosis and Audi Bairn
Mine's a nickname I picked up when I was in the RAF. Everyone calls me Oz because of my surname, and there was a second guy turned up on the same Squadron with the same surname. Hence, after a fun-filled alcohol-fuelled discussion, the lads came up with it. And it stuck!

Reactions: PanamaS3, TDI-line, Audi Bairn and 1 other person
Your challenge for this week is to get our Simon on here for a catch-up. @Simon L he has had enough time out. :) x

I would but the bawbag is off the Dominican Republic tomorrow, he's always asking what's going down on the forum... We used to have some laugh him and l, but mostly to other members detriment lol

Reactions: Sandra, PanamaS3 and TDI-line
Simples

First name, initial of surname, 7 wives, 9 lives

Reactions: PanamaS3, Rolly12 and Jassyo06
Simples

First name, initial of surname, 7 wives, 9 lives

6 wives more than me..... And av used all my lives...... A long time ago lol

Reactions: Sandra, Audi Bairn, Tom.H and 2 others
No mate not now.... Long time ago l did... Longer than I care to remember in EK

It's besides the airport now... it's a f*cking tin can with no windows and soot everywhere. Get me out of there

Reactions: PanamaS3 and Jassyo06
Mine's a nickname I picked up when I was in the RAF. Everyone calls me Oz because of my surname, and there was a second guy turned up on the same Squadron with the same surname. Hence, after a fun-filled alcohol-fuelled discussion, the lads came up with it. And it stuck!

That's nice and very original Old squadron Leader..... Bombs away.... Lol

Reactions: PanamaS3
It's besides the airport now... it's a f*cking tin can with no windows and soot everywhere. Get me out of there

Airport done all the electrical work for Gama Aviation down there, both Hangers. Hated working there.... Wanted to go on holiday every blooming week lol

Airport done all the electrical work for Gama Aviation down there, both Hangers. Hated working there.... Wanted to go on holiday every blooming week lol

I actually thought you were gonna say you worked for the rolly as there's a sepang sportback that sits in the front carpark.
Do you work for yourself or with a company?

What makes it even worse is there is a break-out area called the sky lounge in the factory which overlooks the runway and whole airport... watching planes take off and land every day made me relocate for my breaks to the other canteens as it did exactly that to me... make me want to go away every week!

Reactions: Audi Bairn and PanamaS3
I actually thought you were gonna say you worked for the rolly as there's a sepang sportback that sits in the front carpark.
Do you work for yourself or with a company?

What makes it even worse is there is a break-out area called the sky lounge in the factory which overlooks the runway and whole airport... watching planes take off and land every day made me relocate for my breaks to the other canteens as it did exactly that to me... make me want to go away every week!

Av worked both for myself and for contractors mate

But l will say one thing... That airport apron is a ****** cold and windy place to work in the winter

That's nice and very original Old squadron Leader..... Bombs away.... Lol

I might have been on a few squadrons, but certainly wasn't the leader!!

Reactions: Jassyo06
I know, old chap ;) lol

Reactions: Jassyo06