Just had a remap..

Abz17

Reaction score
Hi guys. Just had my car remapped (S3 8p STronic, stage1) prior to them starting the work they picked up a fault code p1531 (camshaft timing adjustment) they deleted the code they said and waited to see if it comes back but it didn't.
And apparently my air box is loose and recommend to get it fixed as It may hit fuel pump.
Anybody know how bad of a problem they are is it an urgent fix? How costly is it? Common fault? Not really good with the knowledge of these things so all advice or previous experiences will help!

Thanks

Cheers for that mate!

AMD tuning in lakeside Essex did the map. It's pushing 305bhp

Hi mate if you don't mind me asking, just by any chance did you buy your s3 from liverpool?

Airbox on the S3 can be a pita to out back properly, it nay just need removing & fitting properly, chance it damaging the fuel is very remote as to much holding the box in place, however, that's not a reason to not resolve, why didnt they offer to resolve for a little bit of charged time, which is fair.

Airbox on the S3 can be a pita to out back properly, it nay just need removing & fitting properly, chance it damaging the fuel is very remote as to much holding the box in place, however, that's not a reason to not resolve, why didnt they offer to resolve for a little bit of charged time, which is fair.

I did ask but they said it's not something they can do the same day I would have to bring car back and they would need to strip it and see if it's broke or a if its the connector or the rubber bit apparently. If I'm honest I didn't really find the service great at AMD yesterday being a first timer in these things I had questions at it was like they didn't want to answer.

If you're not happy then I'd advise speaking to Ben or Shaun and telling them what your problems were.

I've seen them go to great lengths to try and sort things out for other customers and I'm sure they would try to help you as well.