Radio problems

Moojii

Reaction score
Hi

Just picked up a 01 225 yesterday. Am loving it but the radio will not pick up any stations, just white noise. I can live with this as I listen to cds mainly but a cd will play for about 10 seconds and then it'll stop and the head unit will start bleeping.

Any ideas?

Cd problem sorted. Turned off tp...

Still can't get a radio reception.

Possibly the aerial base on the roof is knackered. I have an 02 S3,although I get a radio signal,if the weather is foggy the reception is terrible and made even worse when I switch the headlights on at the same time. I posted this up and it was suggested to me that it's the aerial base,I've yet to fit a new one but will be doing so in next couple of weeks when I get chance!

Where did you get a new one from?

I havnt yet,I was gonna try Audi first and see what price they come back with! I'm still feeling the pinch after fitting a new clutch in it last month So I'm trying to clamp down on crazy impulse buys just before Xmas! (Already had a few of those this summer!)

I am hoping to fit a new base this weekend as I get zero radio signal either - there is another connector too "diversity" - and I have a replacement amplifier for that but need a male to male adapter first. I just got the replacement shark fin and aerial from eBay.

Reactions: Moojii
Did you get it sorted as I have the same problem. I had a new aerial and base fitted earlier in the year and signal worked all summer. As soon as the weather turned a bit cold it failed. Now I don't get any FM or AM signal.

My base wasn't actually connected as the previous owner bought one with a different and didn't think to join them? Then I needed to break a bit of plastic off the facro connector to fit the symphony 2.

The common problem seems to be water leaking past the base onto the wires. You can pop the rear light off to see if it's wet.

I swapped my aerial for a type r stubby and it actually improved the radio reception, but it wasn't too bad before.
Think its a common fault...

Yeah, guess I'll do that. So annoying as I had a new base already fitted. I've got a xcarlink fitted so was tempted just to have a portable radio I can plug in via AUX lol. Mainly for 5 live and talksport.