Damage to front wheel

Marvel

Reaction score
Hello all.

I am new to the forum, and was just looking for some advice really. Unfortunately last week, while driving in my A3 at night, i managed to hit my offside front tyre and back tyre into the curb at around 30-40mph. It was a pretty big bang i heard but i managed to get home as i was only about 2 mins away.
The following day, i noted a flat tyre on the rear wheel and then noted that the side wall had been ripped open. The front tyre's side wall was also damaged and needing a new one. There was also some damage to both alloys

I thought i would get the tyres replaced and did so, however when they were replaced, the guy who did this, noted that the front tyre was facing inwards a bit. Anyway i took the car to Audi to see if anything could be done.
I was then told that the offside front damp is bent and the plan is to replace, the major front wheel components. I have also been told that the 2 offside wheels are buckled and would need replacing.

Anyway to cut a long story short, i have been quoted about £3000 for this work to be done. I am reluctant to go through insurance as i already have a previous incident on my insurance and my insurance is quite high as it is. Do you think this is a reasonable amount for such repair work?

Alternatively would it be worthwhile taking it to an independent dealer, and if i did so would i interfere with my warranty?

Thanks in advance

£3000 is a lot of money for 2 wheels and suspension parts but you are at a main dealer so you are paying top price for parts and labour.
Going to an independent and using second hand wheels and parts sourced from places such as TPS will bring the price down considerably I am sure. Which part of the country are you in somebody may be able to recommend a suitable independent.
There shouldn't be any issues with warranty as long as OE spec parts are used.
You will need to get a full 4 wheel alignment to make sure everything is pointing in the right direction.
I would slow down a bit as well other wise it's going to get very expensive.

Thanks for your reply, I live in Birmingham and if anyone knows any good garages then that would be appreciated.

Quite a few A3/S3's been parted on ebay, there may be 'some' components you can save quite a lot of money by going this route instead.