Can't find locking nut

ABS2788

Reaction score
Well I've had my car for 2 weeks now, in the first week I had it booked with Audi for a health check. They had advised to change the brakes which Yesterday when trying to take tyre off, could not find the locking but anywhere.

I'm thinking well I've bought the car without it but then when looking at the Audi health check report, it says locking but and a yes next to it. I'm also guessing they had to take the wheels off to check brake pad thickness and disc wear etc and maybe the mechanic never put it back.

Would it be worth calling Audi and see what they say

And make sure you tell them it's the locking nut and not locking but:whistle2:

Reactions: Scott_Crossley
Stupid autocorrect lol.

Rang them and said this has happened before and most likely it has been left behind but to call servicing team tomorrow. I'm thinking this isn't excellent service from Audi if this is the case considering

They shouldnt be using your locking nut. They have master sets to prevent damaging or breaking the customer's locking nut. Worth an ask though. Also its a visual health check so they won't remove your wheels. They would be able to match one up for you and provide you with another should it be needed

I presume they removed the wheels to check the thickness on the pads and condition of the discs but they ticked yes to locking nut so there must have been one

Dealers usually have a box of odd locking nuts in a corner of the workshop :smile new: Guess yours in there now.