S4 - Insurance

Reaction score
Well it's that time of year again and my current insurer are imposing a compulsory £500 excess for a 'performance' car...

...So who has their S4 insured with which company?

I'm with Mulsanne, via Allen and Allen. My excess is £300, but rises to £500 if I exceed the mileage limit.

I'm with Admiral, on a multi car policy. The S4 portion is only £320, with a £250 excess.

I'm 25 with 8 years no claims, and the car is used for business also. The premium is half of what i used to pay on my 370z.

I just got a quote from Direct Line. My S3 was £180 for the year and they wanted to add £80 to the premium to change to an S4 i'm hopefully about to purchase but i moaned and they managed to get that down to £20, so £200 all in, which isnt bad. I'm 31 with 9+ years NCB and car kept on driveway. Recently married and told them thinking it would go down and it actually put my policy up £2!!

On a similar note, i was going to take the 5 days insurance cover that comes with approved used cars. Any small print or horror stories i should be aware about if the worst happened?

Our S4 is covered on our company insurance. They turned round and said "it's only a 3.0 tfsi" what group are they?

I'm with morethan. Zero voluntary excess and £100 compulsory.

I pay £350 annually, protected no claims, hire car, legal cover.

Early 30's, 2 kids and 10 years (max) no claims discount.

Also, had to make a claim with them a few years back and they were fantastic, if they out their prices up I'd stay with them just based on that alone.

Hi, have you tried us for insurance yet? If not, feel free to drop me a line.

Dan

I have tried everywhere & the best quote i found with Chris Knott's, £430 with Forum discount.
Good customer service & if you can show them your cheapest quote they can match it or do it cheaper then that. i am 35 year old with 6 years no claim bonus.

I'm with Aviva, can't remember the cost but I was £500 to insure 2 cars - the S4 and a vauxhall corsa (stop sniggering). If I recall it was roughly 50/50; the S4 seemed cheap and the corsa seemed expensive by comparison. I guess more corsa's get crashed than S4's.

Reactions: scotty76
Well, I went with Aviva again in the end as they were cheapest, just a risk with the £650 excess (£500 compulsory, £150 voluntary which is not really voluntary as it's the lowest they do)

Reactions: scotty76
Well, I went with Aviva again in the end as they were cheapest, just a risk with the £650 excess (£500 compulsory, £150 voluntary which is not really voluntary as it's the lowest they do)
That's the same as me this year. Not great about the excess but it was the best all round option for me.

@Phill_ - Just out of interest Phil how much did you end up paying in the end?

When I renew mine it will be with, ahem, Saga lol
They are consistently the cheapest decent policy with a sensible excess, for me anyways

Reactions: rabhrab and scotty76
@Phill_ - Just out of interest Phil how much did you end up paying in the end?

£406, with protected no claims and courtesy car.
34 with 15 years no claims.
3 points (TS10)
1 (big) non fault accident
Girlfriend as named driver on the policy with only 3 years driving experience.

Reactions: Bristle Hound