6Pot Calipers on S3

I recently installed a 6pot Yellow Speed Racing kit on the front and have been impressed with how it feels as well as how lightweight it is - one of the cheaper options at about £1100.

Ap are much better than brembo (both are good) I believe rs6 calipers are brembo calipers anyway ,think you will need spacers what ever u go for as the calipers are bigger

The RS6 calipers are big compared to 18z's even, I've got the RS6 caliper (all be it with a Porsche sticker on) and different mounts to suit Ø350mm discs, they fit behind 18" Avus' which are ET45 but also depends on what size of disc you go for, they're close to the spokes on mine!

Alex

Reactions: VAG_Club001 and Smirky
I recently installed a 6pot Yellow Speed Racing kit on the front and have been impressed with how it feels as well as how lightweight it is - one of the cheaper options at about £1100.

Leshkin's kit looks awesome & the price is really really good I'd of certainly looked into buying that if I'd known it was available at the time!

Reactions: Smirky
Whoa yea that's expensive I sourced my own calipers & refurbed them myself you can get it all for under £1500

Reactions: Rob C
Not sure but the AP kit is nice I've just installed Brembo 4-pots & the AP discs onto mine, You can get the J hook discs or drilled if you prefer over the grooved too:

DSC07047 by T.walker5190, on Flickr

They look amazing mate, I would love these myself but just do have that money and couldn't justify that cost on some brakes....

So, looking to go 8 Pot Audi OEM after all with TTRS discs on the fronts.

I would love to go wave rotors but advised against as it could be extra hassle.

My wheels are 8.5 19inch ET48

Any issues that you all can think off? Thanks for the help.

That's the route I'm going to take ^

Already got the calipers and bolted them up with a set of 370mm discs and all seemed well (Had no pads though)

Tried to fit one of my wheels and I couldn't - Wouldnt clear caliper > spoke, That's 19X8" ET42 genuine Mercedes AMG wheels

Reactions: grainqey
It might be that the spokes actually go back towards the hub more on the bigger wheels - think its the same with the TTRS alloys, the spokes are at an angle on the back of the spokes rather than being flat/parallel

Yeah definately, It all depends on the design of the wheels/spokes and the offset of them etc..

I think most wheels will require even a smaller spacer....

Avus' as an example seem to be quite good for clearance, I'm running the latest cayenne calipers (so bigger body than the 18Z's) on 350mm discs and they clear by about 4mm on the back of the spokes