Leaking rear cluster

Manny1980

Reaction score
Has anyone had a leaking rear light cluster? I've got a 2010 audi a3 2010 2.0tdi black edition, and I've just removed the light cluster,emptied the water,and dried it out with hair dryer but noticed it could do with a clean inside the actual unit,does anyone know if it is possible to get the red cover off n give it a good clean, and how to do it,cheers
Manny

Its heat sealed, you'll have to get some coat hander & cloth tied to the end & attempt to clean inside.

I have the same issue with at least one of my rear light's, Is your seal ok as that's normally the cause. Think I'll just change mine for MY11 one's at some point..

Its heat sealed, you'll have to get some coat hander & cloth tied to the end & attempt to clean inside.
Thanks for the tip mate I'll try that, sounds a bit tricky tho,might just buy another unit!

I have the same issue with at least one of my rear light's, Is your seal ok as that's normally the cause. Think I'll just change mine for MY11 one's at some point..
Which seal do you mean? The black rubber on the boot side of the unit? That was quite loose yes,tried putting a bit of silicone down the back of it,to give it some kind of seal,I'll check in the morning to see if it's successful! What are my11? Are they an upgraded light,what model year do they fit,cheers for the reply pal,cheers

MY11 or manufacture year 2011 have a darker coloured lens so yours being a my10 should I think be the same.As the my08/09's have the lighter lenses

There's normally a seal on the back of the light's - Like a Black foam type thing.

I've not actually removed any Audi A/S3 light's though so not 100% sure....

Mine's a 09 so will have the lighter one's :(

There's normally a seal on the back of the light's - Like a Black foam type thing.

I've not actually removed any Audi A/S3 light's though so not 100% sure....

Mine's a 09 so will have the lighter one's :(
Thanks for the reply pal,no there's no foam on the light itself,but I think I've cured the problem with the clear mastic,no water so far,cheers

Both of mine filled up with water and kept triggering my OBC into thinking I had bulbs blown... good excuse for an upgrade!

Gimme a shout for rear lights - i'll see what i can do for you :)