audi s3 alloys

billyboy90 s3

Reaction score
Hi there can someone please help me out and give me some useful information. I've recently bought an s3 and I'm wanting to start modding it. Its had a remap and a diverter valve apart from that it is totally standard. I like the look of the rstt wheels on it? And what about engine mods what else could be done to improve performance. Ease help me out guys any help would be greatly appreciated. I bought the car from wolverhampton I believe the car has history on here

Attachments

• 20160102_154930.jpg
    20160102_154930.jpg
    460.9 KB · Views: 145
  • 20160102_154027.jpg
    20160102_154027.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 144
Looks good, check out the stickies on here, all the info you need on there.

Badger 5 TIP and Jetex cone filter along with a custom map from Bill at Badger5 got 265 out of my old girl. Great guys over there and they really know their stuff.

Also, the 18" optional S3 wheels are ever so slightly different from the B5 RS4 wheels (in terms of spoke thickness) so if you want to stay original the 18 inch TT wheels are the ones to choose. Probably not that easy to find nowadays without a refurb.

Thanks for the help. I'm looking to get the tt wheels they look good. I'm wanting to get an exhaust too. But not a full system or anything yet. What would be my best option?

Millteks are nice. Expensive but good quality cat back. A lot of people choose this brand. There is a resonated (quieter) and a non-resonated version (louder). Depends how you like your car to sound.

looks nice, in terms of alloys I've got the same as yours (recently bought s3) and after weeks searching I decided to stick to the 17's after seeing how nice they look when lowered and spaced out (personal opinion).

The tip (badger) people mention are worthy, i've got a forge one fitted used but decent condition, has improved acceleration in some ways (less sluggish). Not an expert but as i've read through the entire stickies FMIC, tip, remap, exhaust, updated dv are the most common mods.

I also did a n249 delete if i named it correctly and although the entire point is to make the engine bay look neat, i feel the engine works a bit better?

looks nice, in terms of alloys I've got the same as yours (recently bought s3) and after weeks searching I decided to stick to the 17's after seeing how nice they look when lowered and spaced out (personal opinion).

The tip (badger) people mention are worthy, i've got a forge one fitted used but decent condition, has improved acceleration in some ways (less sluggish). Not an expert but as i've read through the entire stickies FMIC, tip, remap, exhaust, updated dv are the most common mods.

I also did a n249 delete if i named it correctly and although the entire point is to make the engine bay look neat, i feel the engine works a bit better?

Have you got any pics of yours with it lowered and spaced on the standard wheels?

Imo 17" wheels are too small for the huge S3 arches, 18s or 19s fill them much better.

TT wheels it is. Hopefully I'll be able to source a decent set this week and Ill get some photos up. Badger 5 tip and Jetex filter will be getting ordered aswell

The standard exhaust flows pretty well, better gains will be had from a 3" down pipe and de-cat/sport-cat, if you want the exhaust to look better, get a pair of push on 76mm tips from eBay, which are meant for the A4, they push straight over the existing tips.

Reactions: SamHendry
The standard exhaust flows pretty well, better gains will be had from a 3" down pipe and de-cat/sport-cat, if you want the exhaust to look better, get a pair of push on 76mm tips from eBay, which are meant for the A4, they push straight over the existing tips.
Got a link?

Hey I like your noggy, I just ordered a badger tip and heat shield (otherwise there is nothing holding the maf and filter).
I also did the n249 delete to remove a load of junk from on top on the engine.

I am only a beginner but apparently the standard exhaust is okay up to 300bhp.

I might sound like a grandad (I am one) but you might find more noticeable improvements in tyres, bushes, brakes and drop links.