S3 fog light surrounds on A3 S Line.

Dan Rae

Reaction score
I currently have a A3 S Line and I am wanting to put the S3 grille on the front bumper, I also wish to put some S3 front fog light surrounds on to match the grille. The grille isn't a problem as its a straight swap but I am just about to order the fog light surrounds for S3 and I am under the impression the S3 has vents instead of fog lights? Is it easy enough to swap over or is it not possible?

Good question if you measure the height of your dog light I'll measure the opening in my grille to see it it matches - I'd be surprised if it'll be a straight swop.

Thinking about it on the S3 the cooling opening is on the top half of the grille with mesh on the bottom half - on the S line the fog is on the bottom half ? Can't see this working.

Yeah dont want to order a set up then they dont fit.

I would measure it Rob but I am currently offshore.

6600e9e4fb67a9773bfb56879d21486f.jpg

Hi mate, I have an A3 black edition grill but I got rid of my foglights as didnt like the yellow light bulbs in them so just done away with them all together lol. Replaced with the trims found on A3's that have LED headlights. The difference with these compared to S3 trims are that the grills are not a see through mesh like S3. On S3's its for engine/brake cooling (as well as looks) I think but on A3's god knows whats behind there, I would thought its best not to risk it. Best off to check first that whatever is behind the foglights is OK to be out in the elements if you decide to go for the see-through S3 style intakes. Or alternatively go for the ones I have which are pretty identical. My wiring is wrapped up behind without bulbs, this gives a light on the dash but it can be coded out via vcds.

Reactions: Jassyo06
6600e9e4fb67a9773bfb56879d21486f.jpg

Hi mate, I have an A3 black edition grill but I got rid of my foglights as didnt like the yellow light bulbs in them so just done away with them all together lol. Replaced with the trims found on A3's that have LED headlights. The difference with these compared to S3 trims are that the grills are not a see through mesh like S3. On S3's its for engine/brake cooling (as well as looks) I think but on A3's god knows whats behind there, I would thought its best not to risk it. Best off to check first that whatever is behind the foglights is OK to be out in the elements if you decide to go for the see-through S3 style intakes. Or alternatively go for the ones I have which are pretty identical. My wiring is wrapped up behind without bulbs, this gives a light on the dash but it can be coded out via vcds.

Ok thanks for the info the only reason I am changing them as i want them to match the silver grille I think it looks better than the plain A3 s line surrounds. When I get round to fitting grille i will have bumper off anyway so will have a good look. To be honest I am surprised a high model like the S3 doesnt have fog lights.

Its a shame you cant get the fog light surrounds for A3 S line but with the silver.

Ahh that makes sense now. Intrigued to know myself now, as my detailer did a favour of fitting them for me so I didnt check. Maybe its for genuine powertrain/braking cooling or it could be for just aesthetics
Personally I dont find front fog lights that useful as I always find they just light the fog up a bit more and not a useful amount more of the road ahead, hence why I felt I can do without them.

It wouldnt be that hard to paint a silver strip on your current ones? Taking them off the car and spending plenty of time masking them up sure they wouldnt look too bad at all...?

Ahh that makes sense now. Intrigued to know myself now, as my detailer did a favour of fitting them for me so I didnt check. Maybe its for genuine powertrain/braking cooling or it could be for just aesthetics
Personally I dont find front fog lights that useful as I always find they just light the fog up a bit more and not a useful amount more of the road ahead, hence why I felt I can do without them.

It wouldnt be that hard to paint a silver strip on your current ones? Taking them off the car and spending plenty of time masking them up sure they wouldnt look too bad at all...?

Im just going to get some and hopefully they fit, its a shame you cant get something to connect to wires to stop the error in the car.