Porsche 958/gt3? calipers ....

grainqey

Reaction score
Has anybody ever looked at fitting these calipers (they enclose the disc more than the 17,18 and 19z's

these for reference - they look to be similar to the silver and red versions but the carbon (yellow versions look to stick out further for a 420mm or something daft disc)

Thanks
Alex

bumpety bump, found another picture which shows the size comparison to 18Z's :D

middle one at front seems to be 18Z and right hand one is the red version of the pic in the first post :)
these brakes seem to be fitted to C6 S6's but with 390mm discs I think

I managed to source the calipers with pads and delivery for less than a set of 18z's without pads so couldn't say no!

Thanks
Alex

the calipers in the second pic are completely different to the ones in the first, I love the look of the porsche cayenne calipers but they need to be removed completely to change the pads whereas the calipers in the second pic stay attached when removing the pads

Reactions: grainqey
Porsche 994 setup works.. My mate had them on his car and got rid for an AP setup... Think hes still got the calipers, needs to tart them up I think before he sells

good point tracktoy, I got them mixed up at the time of posting, it's the top ones I'm putting on mine anyway.

I've seen the 994 setup S3_Jacko but I had 18z's on mine before selling them - never had a problem with pedal travel, however it was a little longer but was more how I prefer the brake pedal anyway- also changed the coding for the brake servo assist to suit the S3 calipers although how much that actually changes it who knows :huh:

Should have these on at the end of this week/next week anyway so can let everyone know

Thanks
Alex

I don't have any experience of mounting the calipers you mention, but you will need adapters as they are radial mount. I think the ones you asked about are new style cayenne calipers are they not?

In the picture you posted below I believe those on the left are GT3 calipers, whereas the ones on the right are definitely either 17z or 18z. Both of these should be easier to mount than the ones you posted

Thanks for the reply bennyball,

Yeah the ones I've got are from the new shape cayenne and are radially mounted, think they're also on the facelift 997 gt3 as well and they seem to be the calipers used for the big carbon brake package for which the calipers seem to be painted yellow although I've seen two different shades of yellow so no idea what that's all about!.

I've been machining some brackets for them this last week but need the have the tyres on my 18" wheels changed before I fit the brakes - had them test fitted

Yeah the 17 and 18 and even 19z's are straight bolt on with the correct size wheels and discs but these calipers were too cheap to ignore

Thanks
Alex

Did you get this setup in the end mate?

Sorry for lack of reply. .

Yeah I fitted the black calipers to my 8P but had to make brackets. Got a placy version as a mock up but now planning on fitting the alternative version with a mounting bracket (the red ones that are as rare as rocking horse poo) to an 8p rs3 (ended up selling the 8p a3 as I fell out with it)

Thanks
Alex

Reactions: VAG_Club001
Sorry for lack of reply. .

Yeah I fitted the black calipers to my 8P but had to make brackets. Got a placy version as a mock up but now planning on fitting the alternative version with a mounting bracket (the red ones that are as rare as rocking horse poo) to an 8p rs3 (ended up selling the 8p a3 as I fell out with it)

Thanks
Alex
No worries, I managed to fit RS6 6 Pots with 390 waves in the end

Have you got Ali or steel hubs?
Would be interested to see pictures of them - from memory those are a very similar caliper to the 7PP cayenne calipers