Washer fluid top up - which fluid?

The one in the tesco air/water station

Reactions: Bristle Hound
I use the genuine VW Audi one. Buy 10 x 1l from eBay for about £40 delivered. Neat is good down to -70 but it dilutes really well so works out very cost effective.

Reactions: arobson90
haha, cheers guys.

I'll put a little of the tesco one; just enough to carry me to my service in Feb then get the Audi stuff in.

I use 507 spec. Hang on....
I just use the Halfords advanced stuff, seems to leave a coating on the screen too.

The one in the tesco air/water station

Same here - good stuff for £1 a fill and can check tyre pressures at the same time!

I find a lot of the branded screen wash mixes smudge the screen.

Reactions: xpoweruk
I'm currently trying this:

Amazon product

and I'm very pleased with it. No smearing and good cleaning ability. Also like such a small bottle making 25 litres! Note it won't resist freezing but so far I have not had it freeze but have only seen 0C so far.

Prestone, it's got that water dispersing stuff in it but it doesn't smear or cause the blades to chatter like f*** like some do.

Prestone, it's got that water dispersing stuff in it but it doesn't smear or cause the blades to chatter like f*** like some do.

Probably what I use, used to use Holts from Costco, now it is Prestone, seems to work as well as the Holts stuff did before it!

The garden hose variety here !

And the light is on again dam winter roads......

The garden hose variety here !

And the light is on again dam winter roads......

Humm, around here that would get "lumpy" in the car, come to think about it, the well protected garage tap will have gone solid again - for a few months maybe!

Reactions: Chop.
Humm, around here that would get "lumpy" in the car, come to think about it, the well protected garage tap will have gone solid again - for a few months maybe!

That's very true !

We've be lucky up here for a change only just starting to get cold now

Doesn't that freeze in winter ?
Also a Legionnaires risk in summer ?

Always just used garden hose or kitchen sink, bit of fairy job done, never really get that bad a winter up here and I don't travel far

Legionnaires ? I think I'm safe enough filling up my washer bottle and watering the garden

Wow never heard about that, nasty

Can't beat a good bit of Scottish water ;-)

Screen wash it is for me then !

Written in a flippant manner:- well the Roman legions didn't make it this far, so I'd doubt if any French legionnaires would.

Seriously though, you keep hearing legionaires is just coming round every corner - keep an eye on your DHW temperatures and any "dead legs"!

Reactions: Chop.