Radio volume default?

Brasso

Reaction score
is it possible to change the default radio volume when it turns on. Mine comes on at volume 12 and it's too quiet for me. I normally listen to the radio at 14 or 15. But ever time I turn the car on the radio comes on at 12.

Searched the forum but couldn't find anything conclusive. Nor did I find it in the manual but apologies if I missed it and it just a case of :rtfm:

Can anyone help.

Reactions: Simon L
I'd like to set mine to 15 too if I can. Will be interested to see if there's a way with VCDS. I have mine on 20-22 usually, but keep it on 15 to warm the speakers up first for a while.

Reactions: Rob2k68
Mine remembers the last voume setting, yours should do to Brasso, only have it set to 8-10 anyway...

Mine remembers the last voume setting, yours should do to Brasso, only have it set to 8-10 anyway...

.........not on mine it doesn't !!

I'll give it a try on volumes less than 12. I'm wondering if above 12 Audi consider it "loud" so that's why it always defaults back to 12. I'll have a look once back from work tonight.

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Simon L
I'll give it a try on volumes less than 12. I'm wondering if above 12 Audi consider it "loud" so that's why it always defaults back to 12. I'll have a look once back from work tonight.

To be honest in my case the reset to 12 is a bonus................if I've been blaring out Back in Black at 20+ and then the missus joins me next time at least she doesn't get her head blown off!! She doesn't share all my music tastes I'm afraid............... lol

^^ Same here pulling off the drive at 5.30am every day !!

Reactions: All-rod and Simon L

So does mine. I just tried leaving it set at 20. When I went back and started the car the radio was at 20.
Is maybe B&O different from standard audio system?

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Simon L
So does mine. I just tried leaving it set at 20. When I went back and started the car the radio was at 20.

Could be right there Richard, although why the head units would be programmed differently would be a bit of a mystery?

Upgraded Audi sound system remembers last setting, does on mine anyway

Reactions: jetron and Rob2k68
I have mine on 20-22 usually, but keep it on 15 to warm the speakers up first for a while.

OMG!!!......are you guys having a laugh, as my ears bleed if I have my radio more than 9, and SD card music above 11......perhaps a hearing test maybe in order for you guys.....pardon, what'd you say, I can't hear you!!! :whistle2:

Reactions: Brasso, Simon L and Rob2k68
OMG!!!......are you guys having a laugh, as my ears bleed if I have my radio more than 9, and SD card music above 11......perhaps a hearing test maybe in order for you guys.....pardon, what'd you say, I can't hear you!!! :whistle2:

...............why are you whispering Allan, speak up man I can't hear you!! lol

11?? Yer a lightweight!! ..................tbh, my hearing is not exactly 100%, too many loud gigs!! :rock:

Just to be clear - the setting is remembered if it's within a certain range. If it's outside that range, it gets moved to be within it.

Did you leave it at least 10 mins? The MMI stays 'on' in the background for 10 mins after the car shuts down, so will likely maintain this setting.

I have the *** and mine also remembers the volume levels from previously.

could there be a difference between how the the *** and B&O systems work?

I think B&O will remember the previous setting up to a certain point, so not to scare the hell out of you. I always turn mine down before I get out for the night but whenever I pop to the shops and have it over 20, it will always return to 15 or 20 when I get back in.

Defaults back to 12 on my B&O each time. Need a vcds fix I think.

Hmm that's interesting Lloydie mine remembers but only 12. Will have to experiment some more.