B6 A4 Avant 1.9tdi Slight Missfire/Judder

audiv6

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Hoping someone on here can shed a little light for me,

I recently bought a 2003 B6 PD130 but at around 2-3k revs in any gear I have a slight judder and the engine just isn't pulling the way it should, it seams to be not getting enough fuel or something.

Car was serviced just last week

I also must add i blocked the EGR Valve and mapped it out but the problem still persists

Can anyone shed light on this for me?

Thanks
Aaron!

Last edited:
Yes , not a waste of money to replace at that mileage .

What service intervals and actual oil has it been serviced with ?

Yes , not a waste of money to replace at that mileage .

What service intervals and actual oil has it been serviced with ?

Hi Mate, it's been serviced roughly every 10k Miles with 5w40 PD Mostly Quantum

Not the better oil for protecting the cam , but not as bad as a recent story of a main dealer supplying for years Quantum
10W 40 semi synthetic for a 1.9 PD .

Reactions: stevewr1 and audiv6
Not the better oil for protecting the cam , but not as bad as a recent story of a main dealer supplying for years Quantum

Hopefully not the Cam :( lol might try a new Harness first, is there a way of telling if its dodgy?

It wouldn't be the lifter pump or anything like that? Car starts perfect

You say it's been serviced, have you checked the fuel filter has REALLY been changed? Wouldn't be the first time a filter's not been done and could be getting bocked.

Reactions: audiv6
You say it's been serviced, have you checked the fuel filter has REALLY been changed? Wouldn't be the first time a filter's not been done and could be getting bocked.

Yes it definitely has I done it myself just last week as i thought it could be something like that but not that simple it seems. Need to change the Temp Sensor as it wont go any higher than 65/70deg atm.

Change the harness as Gaz mentioned. Tjink they are about £50 and you may need a new cam cover gasket also

Change the harness as Gaz mentioned. Tjink they are about £50 and you may need a new cam cover gasket also

Would the Harness fire up any kind of fault on VAGCOM?

Yes and no, as it would not say it is the harness but somethings else like fueling or misfire

Might be worth taking off the accelerator pedal and cleaning the carbon track with electrical cleaner.

If the previous owner rarely used the entire pedal range you might have a dirty track which can cause these symptoms and/or put the car in safe mode.

Deffo get it VAGCOM'd though

Took it to someone today there. They rreckon injector seals?

Hi, I am going through same issue with my car. It's 2003 1.9tdi with just over 100k miles. I have changed the wiring loom and there are no fault codes or any warning light on the dash. I have checked egr valve, it's working fine. The idle is rough and There is kind of rattling/squeeking noise coming from around the tandem pump area on the engine. Car still pulls away fine and there is no loss in power that I can notice, not smoking excessively. I am absolutely boggled.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

What would be the best oil for protecting the cam?

I got it diagnosed at the audi garage and it's the DMF issue. Any help on how to change that.

I've had the same. Replaced needle valve, had injectors tested, cylinders pressure tested & it's the dmf they say.

I'm putting it off until cam belt & service done after mot. I expect a big bill.. will be paying garage for new clutch & dmf. Just happy it's not cams..

Hi, I am going through same issue with my car. It's 2003 1.9tdi with just over 100k miles. I have changed the wiring loom and there are no fault codes or any warning light on the dash. I have checked egr valve, it's working fine. The idle is rough and There is kind of rattling/squeeking noise coming from around the tandem pump area on the engine. Car still pulls away fine and there is no loss in power that I can notice, not smoking excessively. I am absolutely boggled.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

DMF?