Rear parking sensor replacement.

Dani_B19

Audi-sports own special child.
Reaction score
Anyone and tips and advice for replace the rear right parking sensor? Can I get to it without removing anything?

by the time you have messed around , struggled to get at them in situ, and just generally got issed off with the job, it would have been just as quick and a lot less hassle to remove the bumper and while its off check the others , its sods law that as soon as you do one, another will play up, a bit of preventative maintainance never hurts.
I know you need to whip out some of the rear load area trim , but its not that bigger task.

good luck.

How hard is it to remove mate? What preventive measure can I take?

by the time you have messed around , struggled to get at them in situ, and just generally got issed off with the job, it would have been just as quick and a lot less hassle to remove the bumper and while its off check the others , its sods law that as soon as you do one, another will play up, a bit of preventative maintainance never hurts.
I know you need to whip out some of the rear load area trim , but its not that bigger task.

good luck.
Agreed, about two weeks after replacing a faulty sensor on mine a second failed so I just replaced the remaining three on second visit

So even with my shovel hands I've managed to get the sensor without removing the bumper unfortunately the 2 inner sensors have now gone. Are they the same part number as the outers?

have you managed to remove the inner ones yet or just outers, try doing the inners with a towbar fitted.....

Part numbers are the same for reference.

Yup, managed to get my hand up their earlier, so justbwaitin for them to come nar and will get them fitted.

ah yours is a saloon then , i misunderstood and thought you had an avant, mine is an avant with a westfalia towbar, no way i could get my hand behind the bumper to get at any of mine, must be a lot more room to get at them on your saloon then

Wouldn't say a lot mate but just enough, arms a mess though haha.

sounds like you're mr bendy then , my arms gave up bending to impossible angles sometime ago, i think its an old age thing lol.....

Reactions: Dani_B19