Rear parking sensor failure

Hutchball

Reaction score
Hi there. When in ‘parking mode’ I get a loud beep meaning there’s something wrong with one of the sensors. I’ve done the click test and think I’ve found the faulty sensor.
I have VCDS but it won’t connect to that channel for some reason.

It looks like I have to take the rear bumper off to get to it. It’s one of the centre rear sensors. Does anybody know what part I need so I don’t have to do the job twice and also, are there any tips so I don’t have to take the bumper off at all? Ha

Thanks.

No need to take the bumper off.

Get under the rear of the car and you'll be able to angle your up behind the bumper.

Each sensor is held in place by 2 prongs, use a small stubby flat head screw drive and pop the electrical connector off, then use your fingers to spread the 2 prongs apart while using your other hand to push the sensor through from the out side.

Part number should be 7H0919275D

Reactions: Hutchball
Oh excellent. I have tried but mine seems to have a second part attached to the bottom of the bumper. I’ll try again now the weather is better.

Do you know if there is a way to short them out?

The rear valance! Still shouldn't stop you mate. I'm far from small and have shovel hands and still managed to do it.

Why would you want to short them out?

Just to make sure I’m on the right one. I have had a little go and i could only just about touch it.

I recently replaced the left-most sensor and there was no chance I could get it out without pulling the bumper out. Had to undo some screws in the wheel arch, pull side out, couple of nuts inside under the carpet and I undid the two big bolts that hold the support bar on (this is on a convertible btw). That was enough to pull the bumper out a couple of inches to get to the sensor. I used an eBay replacement which seems to be a lot quieter than the others but works fine.

Hi. Just an update on this thread.
I managed to source two used, un-painted, Audi sensors from eBay for £10 each. The Chinese ones are £10 new but I took a chance with these.

It cost me £17 to get them sprayed in a paint shop. (Get the code from the front of your log book)

I managed to remove them without having to take the bumper, or anything, else off.
Squeeze your arm up and with your other hand put some pressure on the sensor as if your going to push it in. Use your fingernails to unclip one side at a time and it should pop out.
I used a very long flat-blade screwdriver just to prise the connector off the end while you are holding it as the cables are short.

I changed the one I thought was in fault but still had the problem. I done the sound test again and found the one next to it was silent also. I changed that too and it worked!
Luckily I bought two cos I was gonna be lazy and just leave them black.

In the end I was able to get them in and out in minutes.

Thanks for all the help.

Reactions: LawrenceH