Fan washer jets?

If they are fans your going to make me change mine ................... bah humbug lol

Got bad news for you lol

%5BURL=http://s7.photobucket.com/user/Rhyso/media/Audi A6/EB2080C3-A2F2-400A-B074-C41683DCADC8_zps8l0bymcd.jpg.html][/URL]

%5BURL=http://s7.photobucket.com/user/Rhyso/media/Audi A6/0C5C4154-8F45-4CBF-B73E-EFC0DDB13CB1_zpsci6qx8m3.jpg.html][/URL]

The part numbers posted are indeed the new style fan washer jets

Will post a video up later :)

Got them for just under £18 from Mike via the Parts Request on here :)

Reactions: fatyin and jojo
I see there is a Media 'widget' on the forum in FireFox ... see bellow circled in red... I just used the one next to it for a picture from Imgur

Edit: Sorry i just clicked on it... should have done it before that is not the correct one but further along there is a little camera icons sayign insert photo/video when I hover over it....

j2479jC.jpg

Rhyso - look exactly the same as on my 16 plate - hope they work better than mine, I fail to see as to how they can be called fan - yes it is a rectangle hole for the jets, but it does little in terms of spreading the water across the screen. I had a Vectra before the Audi and the fan jets in there were brilliant in terms of spreading the water across large parts of the screen.

Could have done with fan washers on the way back down from Scotland following a HGV for 20 miles with no opportunity to overtake it! Lol

You are right that coverage is so much better than mine - Is the washer fan with the R on fitted to the offside of the car?

Thanks

Martin

Lol only noticed after you said that they are left and right.....!

EDIT!!Yes the one marked L (not R!)is on the drivers side :). The jet is on the outside near the wing if that helps

I didn't realsie they were marked left and right......:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Last edited:
Rhyso - you've made my day! It all depends I suppose at which end of the car you are stood at when you approach it to attach the washer jets

Where's my Torx set - mine are getting swapped tomorrow.

Thanks again

Martin

Can someone confirm correct part numbers please? The thread is a little confusing.....

Thanks guys :racer:

Thanks for clearing this up for us, looks like they'll be much better than my current triple jet nonsense :)

Got them for just under £18 from Mike via the Parts Request on here

Can you point me to this parts request thing?

Thanks again

Im going to swap mine as well your coverage is better the 'wrong' way around

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Rhyso
The fan jet looks very cool, definitely get one

Morning people,

Anyone know if these will fit other Audi models? Such as an A4 B8?

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

2006+ Passat fan jets appear to fit A4, A5, b8 & b8.5, there's a thread in A4 B8 section, you'll have to search for it though, this is on my to do list.
Don't see why they wouldn't fit A6, I've also heard/read somewhere that the A8's have fan jets and they also fit, again you'll need to confirm this.
Hope this helps.
JG

Morning people,

Anyone know if these will fit other Audi models? Such as an A4 B8?

:)

Reactions: Audigit
Swapped mine round yesterday - much better

The Torx screw adjusts the jet up our down. The only problem is that it is plastic and if you adjust too far up or down the screw will round out.

Reactions: Audigit, GavG and Rhyso
Mine are waiting for me at Argos (ebay collection) will whack 'em on at the weekend :racer:

Reactions: Rhyso, Jakes2514 and Audigit
Eventually got around to fitting these, far far far better, in my own opinion anyway :grinning: - so big thanks to @Rhyso

I put them on the "right" way around, but may experiment with changing them over.

All in all, if you're disappointed with your current setup, GET THESE !

I got them from cardiffaudi on ebay - http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/cardiffaudi?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2754

Reactions: reyu and Rhyso
Bought these fan washers. So does right marked washer go onto the drivers or passengers side?

Apparently that's the correct way to fit them. Left to driver's side and right to passengers side...

Reactions: Jakes2514
Yup better spread ... maybe we should let Audi GmbH know ;)

Apparently as your sat in the car it's left passenger side right drivers side

They are marked on the ones that will be removed so just replace like for like and you'll get the correct spread.

Reactions: Peter Metcalf
I've actually fitted R to the passenger side and L to the drivers side. I didn't realise until after I fitted them

They give the effect in the video i took :)

From the factory mine were fitted opposite, so having seen what Rhyso did, I swapped mine over and now have a much better coverage.

Reactions: Rhyso
When you say opposite do you mean as your sat in the car drivers is left

Yes from the drivers seat - right to the passenger side, and left on the drivers side. They are really easy to take off - so have a play and see which side works best for you

Reactions: Peter Metcalf