Windscreen washer

Foxy90

Reaction score
Looking for some help with my windscreen washers.
The other day my washer fluid was low, I topped it up and all was ok. The following day my drivers jet was very weak but passengers side was ok.

The rear washer works as should and so do the head light washers. I took off the drivers jet and checked the water straight from the pipe, it has loads of pressure, i then tried to clean the jet with a thin piece of wire delicately trying to remove any potential block.

I refitted the part and now both jets for the windscreen do not spray, if I take the jets off the tubes have plenty of water at pressure coming out of them.

I tried both pipes at the same time then fitted both jets at the same time, refitted and again jets don’t spray.

the other jets such as headlights and rear wiper work alright. Any one have this issue? The only thing I can think to be the issue is the jets but I don’t understand how they can go from working to being faulty (especially the passenger side from just disconnecting the drivers and then reconnecting)

any help would be appreciated.

Meant to say, the jets are the fan style - 2016 a6 avant

If you are getting water at the pipe then it’s the jets that’s blocked. Try leaving the jets in warm water and flush them out from the jet ends to pipe end, ie backwards.
otherwise get new ones. They aren’t expensive. Around £15-20 for the pair.

If you are getting water at the pipe then it’s the jets that’s blocked. Try leaving the jets in warm water and flush them out from the jet ends to pipe end, ie backwards.
otherwise get new ones. They aren’t expensive. Around £15-20 for the pair.
I will buy some new ones and try that, I just don’t understand how the near side one was working until I tried to clean the offside, and then once refitted neither work?

Possibly fragments of chalk in the water? Doesn’t take much to block the very fine jets. I soak the jet units in de-scaler every few months, keeps them clear.

As above, they're blocked, probably limescale crud.

Replaced both, both work now

Reactions: AlS3BE