S3 arrived in U.K.

Mikeg10

Reaction score
Hi guys

My S3 sportback has finally arrived in the U.K. Just seeing if anyone can tell me from experience how long it usually takes for it to arrive at the dealer, and roughly when I would be able to collect it?

Thanks
Mike

My S3 arrived in the UK on Saturday but it's still not arrived at the Dealers yet.
It depends on where it's going and when the dealer actually picks it up from the port, but usually within the week, it's then about another week after it arrives that you'll pick it up depending when dealership can PDI and you've signed any finance documents.

Hi guys

My S3 sportback has finally arrived in the U.K. Just seeing if anyone can tell me from experience how long it usually takes for it to arrive at the dealer, and roughly when I would be able to collect it?

Thanks
Mike
My A3 Sportback was in the country on the 26th Sept and I was driving it on the 11th Oct, though I'm sure it could have been sped up had I been able to get to the dealership midweek. Not sure if it's different for an S3, highly doubtful though.

If it really is in the UK (did the dealer tell you?) then it should be at the dealers within a week or 10 days.
If you got the info off the Audi tracking site, then some on here have said it's not that accurate.

Hope you enjoy your new car :rockwoot: :racer:

My S3 arrived in the UK on Saturday but it's still not arrived at the Dealers yet.
It depends on where it's going and when the dealer actually picks it up from the port, but usually within the week, it's then about another week after it arrives that you'll pick it up depending when dealership can PDI and you've signed any finance documents.

The dealer is from Northampton Audi, but I haven't actually been told what port it's arrived at. I'm hoping 2 weeks I should be driving it, the wait is killing me now I know it's built and in the country. I'm sure you feel similar haha

Reactions: SW14NY'S
If it really is in the UK (did the dealer tell you?) then it should be at the dealers within a week or 10 days.
If you got the info off the Audi tracking site, then some on here have said it's not that accurate.

Hope you enjoy your new car :rockwoot: :racer:

Yes Richard the dealer told me today. To be hoenst I haven't paid much attention to the Audi tracking as the dealer has often told me something different from what it's says. Thanks a lot I'll post pics when it arrives, (eventually)

The dealer is from Northampton Audi, but I haven't actually been told what port it's arrived at. I'm hoping 2 weeks I should be driving it, the wait is killing me now I know it's built and in the country. I'm sure you feel similar haha
I'm trying to resist till 1st March tbh...this is the second S3 I've ordered as they mucked up my first one, so I've had to wait double the amount of time

My A3 Sportback was in the country on the 26th Sept and I was driving it on the 11th Oct, though I'm sure it could have been sped up had I been able to get to the dealership midweek. Not sure if it's different for an S3, highly doubtful though.

So hopefully my aim of having it within two weeks should be correct. Seems a long time for everything to be processed considering the car is in the country I think!

There are probably a lot of Audis to process, then stick onto a lorry/train and transport it. Then the dealer probably has to do a bunch of pre-req stuff on all the cars they get, book in collections etc.

2 weeks seems normal.

My experience was the same. It arrived in the UK then took around 5 working days from it's arrival to delivery, however mine was driven to me from some sort of holding area I was told - so didn't go through all the local dealer stuff hence it was quicker.

Reactions: Mikeg10
I'm trying to resist till 1st March tbh...this is the second S3 I've ordered as they mucked up my first one, so I've had to wait double the amount of time

I'm in the same situation I got told last week of Feb delivery originally, so though it would of been fine waiting until 1st March ( thought the delivery would end up being after last week of Feb anyway) now it seems like it should be here my mid Feb I really don't think I can wait. I'm putting a private plate on anyway. You've done well mate get one order messed up and then going to hold out for March when you know your cars there!

Reactions: SW14NY'S
There are probably a lot of Audis to process, then stick onto a lorry/train and transport it. Then the dealer probably has to do a bunch of pre-req stuff on all the cars they get, book in collections etc.

2 weeks seems normal.

My experience was the same. It arrived in the UK then took around 5 working days from it's arrival to delivery, however mine was driven to me from some sort of holding area I was told - so didn't go through all the local dealer stuff hence it was quicker.

This is interesting, how did you go about getting it drove to you? Did you order through dealer or is the car leased?

This is interesting, how did you go about getting it drove to you? Did you order through dealer or is the car leased?

It's a "car benefit" from my employer that I ordered through the leasing company. Though it was Audi Customer Services who were calling me after the order went in and kept me updated with progress. They asked if I wanted to collect it from a dealer or have it delivered. Being lazy (and car-less at the time) I asked for delivery.

They might offer it if you ask and it could arrive sooner that way. But I wouldn't personally recommend it -

a) You can't complain if there are problems. They just send a driver who literally follows a check list, then gets on a train home.

b) Someone else drives it before you do (I know someone drives it during testing but still...).

In that case the car will be coming into Grimsby. That's where mine came in (MK) and it was about a week. But there's nothing you or the dealer can do to hurry it up.
I think my dealer scheduled a pickup date for me while the car was still in transit though, so they were pretty confident they would get it in time. It only takes a day or two for PDI.

It's a "car benefit" from my employer that I ordered through the leasing company. Though it was Audi Customer Services who were calling me after the order went in and kept me updated with progress. They asked if I wanted to collect it from a dealer or have it delivered. Being lazy (and car-less at the time) I asked for delivery.

They might offer it if you ask and it could arrive sooner that way. But I wouldn't personally recommend it -

a) You can't complain if there are problems. They just send a driver who literally follows a check list, then gets on a train home.

b) Someone else drives it before you do (I know someone drives it during testing but still...).

Although I want it as soon as possible, I don't want anyone else to drive it before me. I've heard it can be brought to you on a truck so no one drives it and to keep the miles down as well. Maybe I'll look into that as an option.

In that case the car will be coming into Grimsby. That's where mine came in (MK) and it was about a week. But there's nothing you or the dealer can do to hurry it up.
I think my dealer scheduled a pickup date for me while the car was still in transit though, so they were pretty confident they would get it in time. It only takes a day or two for PDI.

That's good news. Hopefully mines that quick. Also I'm thinking they may have a lot of orders for March 1st so perhaps they will want to get mine out soon as possible so they can concentrate on them? Just a thought haha