S3 only front tracking?

S

SteveSAS

Hi guys,

Went to get 4 wheel alignment after getting rear raised slightly (too much neg camber beforehand) with different KW springs and renewing front track rod ends.
Fitter had a look all around the rear and said nothing to adjust here, so just did the tracking really.
I don't have adjustable rear tie arms so here are the results, opinions please guys, thanks:
S3 wheel alignment 2

You can adjust toe on a std quattro setup by loosening 4 bolts holding the rear swing arms to the body...

<tuffty/>

You can adjust toe on a std quattro setup by loosening 4 bolts holding the rear swing arms to the body...

<tuffty/>
Hi Tuffty,
I thought I had read something like that. Do you think looking at my results that I should take it back and get them to alter the rear toe like this? The guy doing the test reckoned it wasn't too far out, but what do you think my man? Will I scrub tyres with that toe?
Thanks

Its a little more toe in than normal, difficult to say you always want to aim for a little toe in regardless on the rear as it makes it very nervous else

There are a few threads covering alignment...

http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/4-wheel-alignment-rear-toe-adjustment.246321/

<tuffty/>
Ok cool, so in your opinion the toe in is not too bad? Just really wondered if it's worth going back with it as I don't have adjustable tie bars and therefore would I get much adjustment by only the rear trailing arm bolts?

Thanks

Ok cool, so in your opinion the toe in is not too bad? Just really wondered if it's worth going back with it as I don't have adjustable tie bars and therefore would I get much adjustment by only the rear trailing arm bolts?

Thanks
Based on OE settings it looks too much

S3_alignment.jpg

<tuffty/>

Based on OE settings it looks too much

S3_alignment.jpg

<tuffty/>
Thanks for the info mate, very detailed.
I went back today to show them how the rear toe is adjusted on these cars and they said it's not something that they would do and maybe have to be Audi. Seems they only want to get involved with the simple and obvious adjustments on cars. Even though they have the John Bean 4 wheel alignment machine lol.

Had mine done at Kwik fit, that have the correct equipment and Audi settings, handles much better now as mine was quite a bit out at the rear.

Had mine done at Kwik fit, that have the correct equipment and Audi settings, handles much better now as mine was quite a bit out at the rear.
Have you got adjustable bars?