What have you done to your Audi A4 B7 today?

Oh no :sadlike: Sounds like it's time for a new mod / new parts to perk yourself back up about it :smiley:
That's my approach these days, I just keep messing around with things, sometimes it works out, sometimes not but it keeps me happy. :yahoo:

I think it’ll pass ,show cars are a different breed and not designed to be practical daily’s ,well I hope not anyway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's just it James, daily drivers are just that , daily driver cars but that's not to say they can't be nice aswell.

Reactions: Jamsmoo
I've half a dozen ongoing B7 bus projects, some just waiting for parts others in progress but it keeps things fresh and makes owning the old bus interesting, and it's mine to do whatever i want, no contract/hp/finance as you'd have with a new soulless car.

Reactions: Rob Avant and NM07
I'm keeping my eyes peeled for a full leather interior for mine at the minute :eyes: Seems that saloon interiors without split-folding rear seats are few and far between. Ideally I'd want the smooth (valcona?) S-Line black leather interior, or the black leather Recaro's.

Reactions: Charlie Farley
I'm keeping my eyes peeled for a full leather interior for mine at the minute :eyes: Seems that saloon interiors without split-folding rear seats are few and far between. Ideally I'd want the smooth (valcona?) S-Line black leather interior, or the black leather Recaro's.
Valcona is the top-spec trim, my old bus came from the factory with full black valcona leather trim and it was nice, door card inserts are lovely and soft.
sold the seats to another member a few years back and it was immaculate.
I have the S4 full-electric Recaro's now also in valcona which is very nice and way more comfy than the s-line, which are very comfy too, the recaro's are just that much better.
best of luck finding a set as they are very thin on the ground, well decent ones that is, but they are around . :thumbs up:

Probably one of my bigger mistakes was changing from these inovits, they looked really nice and they were hyper silver albeit a lighter shade.

I've half a dozen ongoing B7 bus projects, some just waiting for parts others in progress but it keeps things fresh and makes owning the old bus interesting, and it's mine to do whatever i want, no contract/hp/finance as you'd have with a new soulless car.
Exactly how I feel, I’ve got quite a few bits planned for the old wagon still. Big turbo bits are almost all ready to go now.
Probably could’ve bought a B7 RS4 if I’d have saved all the money I’ve spent on it so far, but where’s the fun in that. I’d be paranoid about it being stolen, dented or scratched all the time!

Having a rethink on exhaust tips too.
I'm going down a size to quad 60mm outlet instead of the 80mm ones.
Heres my trusty how will it look setup again..lol

• Love
Reactions: Fully and NM07
48F21EDC F249 4C32 827B AF0DF7BE0BEC

Not the best day ..mishap with the jack ,could of been worse ,some boiling water and manipulation it’s back in shape ,low profile jack to get to more reliable jacking points on order

Weather was good today so I applied two coats of CarPro's Fly By Forte nano glass coating to all the glass on my saloon. Hope my results are as good as the results in this video!

If you like detailing videos, I can't recommend this channel enough. Fantastic content.

The sun was out again so good opportunity to remove half a bucket of sand left on the old bus from last week's desert dust storm, it was covered in the mucky yellow powder.
Fitted some 10mm spacers on the rears and that's about it. :thumbs up:

Also decided on the final wheel colour.
Having spent way to long looking at wheel designs in different colours, this is my choice.
It is a medium black chrome, so has some depth of colour.
It is lighter than my anthracite at present but not really a plain silver, well I know what I mean..lol

Sha1

Reactions: tr7 and Sandra
The sun was out again so good opportunity to remove half a bucket of sand left on the old bus from last week's desert dust storm, it was covered in the mucky yellow powder.
Fitted some 10mm spacers on the rears and that's about it. :thumbs up:

Was moaning to the mrs ..I washed this the other night !? “That’ll be the dust storm” she states
I’m now thinking she was laughing at me the whole time as I washed it

Reactions: Sandra
Managed to score a full black/silver leather special edition interior today complete with puddle lit door cards! :yahoo: Luckily was only down the road from where I live too! Got the front seats fitted today and will do the rest tomorrow, then a steam clean and full detail to get them looking and feeling new again. :happy: Definitely a nice upgrade from the cloth interior. Will post pics when done, hopefully I manage to get it all done tomorrow. :thumbs up:

Reactions: Rob Avant, Sandra and Charlie Farley
Managed to score a full black/silver leather special edition interior today complete with puddle lit door cards! :yahoo: Luckily was only down the road from where I live too! Got the front seats fitted today and will do the rest tomorrow, then a steam clean and full detail to get them looking and feeling new again. :happy: Definitely a nice upgrade from the cloth interior. Will post pics when done, hopefully I manage to get it all done tomorrow. :thumbs up:
That was a lucky find chap, not many good sets around at the moment, most are from breakers that just rip them out and get ruined before buyers get to buy them.
is it the two-tone black grey or silver?

Full electric or the same function that you had it the other set?

Reactions: Sandra
That was a lucky find chap, not many good sets around at the moment, most are from breakers that just rip them out and get ruined before buyers get to buy them.
is it the two-tone black grey or silver?

Full electric or the same function that you had it the other set?
The drivers side seat is rather grimy but nothing I can't sort out with steam and a good scrub with some leather cleaner! Not full electric either unfortunately, just power lumbar like my current set.

My new set look exactly like this:

IMG 4703 large

yep, that's the ones.
Do they have under seat storage boxes either pullout or just drop door access.

I'm not actually sure on that one Rob! I hadn't realised that was an option! Will check tomorrow :thumbs up:

Yesterday's mess around with rear 10mm spacers.
And no wheel arch issues either which is a first for the old bus.. :yahoo:

really need to get that front passenger door paintwork sorted out, it never used to be that way...arghhh
IMG 4658

Wow those spacers really fill out the arch beautifully, looks great Rob. No rubbing even over bumps?

Looks like that front passenger door has been repainted at some point in its life. Hard to tell from the pic but it looks like a mixture of orange peel and sanding marks. Hopefully should be able to restore some gloss with a machine polisher :thumbs up:

Yes, it has had new front and rear passenger doors after some oik crashed into the side back in 2016....
It used be fine but looks worse now, I think a trip to my local body shop is now due.

• Sad
Reactions: NM07
Oof looks nasty, glad you got the bus sorted though Rob :smiley: Sounds like a good idea, black cars look beautiful, but also unfortunately show any imperfections much better than other colours.

Yesterday's mess around with rear 10mm spacers.
And no wheel arch issues either which is a first for the old bus.. :yahoo:

really need to get that front passenger door paintwork sorted out, it never used to be that way...arghhh
View attachment 251646
Looks decent Rob, are you running the same up front? I’m thinking I might have to try something a little wider than 5mm now

Looks decent Rob, are you running the same up front? I’m thinking I might have to try something a little wider than 5mm now
I'm still the 8.5j OZ rims offsets on the front, ET35 if I recall correctly.
which looks just right, the rears still looked a bit lost in the arches given they are still more outbound than OE fitments hence why I put on a spare set of 10mm spacers which look so much better.
OZ et35 plus 10mm spacer so thats ET25 + the 6mm extra width from the wider rim , so approx ET20 , but doesnt look it.

Reactions: Rob Avant
Well I've had a fun week, hit a pothole on my way to work, cracked nearside passenger front alloy and blew a tyre...annoying but hey, these things happen. Two new tyres and an alloy later, all good...but then I noticed the back end was about an inch lower all round...turns out not only did I crack the alloy but I broke both rear coils...sheared a bolt into the bushing of the nearside control arm and bent the control arm...these are not fun things to fix on a Quattro! So yeah that was my week off and my weekend!

Got chance to give the new interior a good scrub up today to get all the previous owners dirt off the leather :thumbs up: Also managed to replace the latch on the centre armrest so it finally stays shut when lifted up :laugh: I still need to get the new tubes for the rear headrests as I couldn't remove the old ones without breaking them so they're not fitted yet.

Pics as promised:

IMG 0398
IMG 0404
IMG 0394

Feels so much nicer to sit in, pics of the previous interior for comparison:

2021 08 10 194514

Next on the list is footwell lights and fitting the ambient lighting module!

Reactions: Fully, tr7 and Charlie Farley
They look spanking . :yahoo: :icon thumright:
So much better than the cloth seats.
I'm still looking for a spot of dirt or dust, nope can't see any.

Stop press I've found a bit of dust,

nope, it's a bug flying past. :icon thumright:

• Haha
Got chance to give the new interior a good scrub up today to get all the previous owners dirt off the leather :thumbs up: Also managed to replace the latch on the centre armrest so it finally stays shut when lifted up :laugh: I still need to get the new tubes for the rear headrests as I couldn't remove the old ones without breaking them so they're not fitted yet.

Pics as promised:

View attachment 251908View attachment 251909View attachment 251910

Feels so much nicer to sit in, pics of the previous interior for comparison:

View attachment 251911

Next on the list is footwell lights and fitting the ambient lighting module!
Are you staying with the white headliner or risking going with the special edition black lining.

Thanks Rob! Really happy with the result :happy: So much nicer to sit in/look at than the cloth. I don't think I've seen any pics of your S4 Recaro's, have you got any pics? Would love to see it :)

Are you staying with the white headliner or risking going with the special edition black lining.
I've mulled this over quite a lot actually. If the paint was darker, like a blue or a black, I'd definitely be sourcing and swapping over to a black headliner. But as it's painted silver, I'm going to stick with the gray headliner, quite like the two tone black/grey aesthetic I've got going on with it.

Thanks Rob! Really happy with the result :happy: So much nicer to sit in/look at than the cloth. I don't think I've seen any pics of your S4 Recaro's, have you got any pics? Would love to see it :)
They are just standard S4 Recaro's but in Valcona trim, which is so supple, and they are full electric which is a bonus.

They are just standard S4 Recaro's but in Valcona trim, which is so supple, and they are full electric which is a bonus.
You've done well there Rob, that's my dream interior, but seems near impossible to find a set for my saloon in good condition with the fixed (non split folding) rear seats.

They were in need of some TLC to be honest, well the driver's side was which does tend to be the case.
I replaced the seat pad foam section and welded the outside edge bolster support back in place, when all done they looked fine.
The rears were immaculate so just got a good clean, I never used the door cards that came with the seats as they were identical to the ones I had fitted.
It's amazing how much dirt and muck was on them.
IMG 1702
IMG 1703
IMG 1701
IMG 1780 1