What have you done to your Audi A4 B7 today?

Image Image Image Image New mount fitted no difference still movement from gear stick when I Rev engine any ideas I do have gear box mount left too fit!

raided the cash under the mattress and purchased some new rims.....

Reactions: Stanningtonglen, Dani_B19 and carlcall
nope, went with something different to my last few, but you'll have to wait until next week after they have been fitted to see them though, by then I would have changed the spring over too so it should all come together nicely.

Reactions: Dani_B19 and Stanningtonglen
swapped one for t'other. what a pain in the hoop.

2016 03 05 092832

nope, went with something different to my last few, but you'll have to wait until next week after they have been fitted to see them though, by then I would have changed the spring over too so it should all come together nicely.

Looking forward to seeing the end result

today I did full service, replaced diff oil and gearbox oil with filter. Also refurbed the front brakes to stop some noise. Completed a full pre mot check. Not bad for 4 hours! Still think I might sell it though.

Oh and going to put on 4 new tyres this week. :)

Reactions: Dani_B19
i was bored today so i put my rotors back on

20150505 181607 resized

Reactions: DrStrange, Baka, darren t and 3 others
ta mate,

had them off over the winter but the sun was out so i thought i'd stick back on.

my back box outlet pipes are 50mm (2") OD , and that should be the same for all the 2.0tfsi Quattro's and 2wd variants ,well if you have original OEM setup still fitted that is.

I've just doubled and tripled checked on mine before I drag to welder out and the outlet pipes on the 170 Diesel FWD, when averaged out from four measurements are 55.5mm (2 1/5") OD with the OEM Setup.

So not much difference between the two but the diesel is slightly bigger. But when the ID of the tailpipe is measured it looks like it's going to be a tight fit as they come in @ 56mm.

that's a shame chap, why the change, any goodies for sale if it's going then.

It was starting to turn into one issue after another mate and last night something as simple as a broken vacuum pipe was the straw that broke the camels back.

I will be selling a few parts the following bits. Milltek full system including Sports Cat (but on collection only and must be able to swap with standard exhaust, if not it will have to go with the car :coldsweat: ), APR Carbonio Intake system, 034 Motorsport TITP , RS4 Black Optics Grill, RNS-E Mk2. I'll work out some prices later and put up some adds in the classified section

I'll be keeping the other parts as I am staying with TFSI power but downgrading in size and changing to a Seat Leon Cupra

It was starting to turn into one issue after another mate and last night something as simple as a broken vacuum pipe was the straw that broke the camels back.

I will be selling a few parts the following bits. Milltek full system including Sports Cat (but on collection only and must be able to swap with standard exhaust, if not it will have to go with the car :coldsweat: ), APR Carbonio Intake system, 034 Motorsport TITP , RS4 Black Optics Grill, RNS-E Mk2. I'll work out some prices later and put up some adds in the classified section

I'll be keeping the other parts as I am staying with TFSI power but downgrading in size and changing to a Seat Leon Cupra

Hate to seam like a vulture circling the carcass. But give me a shout when the grill is for sale if I have the funds I'll have it off you

I thought same but wasn't sure so wanted to check.

Done these over the past week
Fitted the seat cupra spliter, golf/passat mist spray washer jets...with the shims so i didnt need to use silicone to keep them in(they are slightly smaller)
And also fitted my subwoooofa

If you look closely at the paper work you can see the item numbers for the spliter, washer jets and the shims(have to buy shims seperate

Regarding the spliter...its easier with two people ahaha
But adapt and overcome

I used 3/4" stainless screws..with stainless washers to suit...more the merier lol
There are two tabs in the middle of the spliter...they need cut down so they are flush with the rest of the spliter
Collage 2016 03 07 19 00 58
Collage 2016 03 02 17 13 39
Collage 2016 03 01 07 52 14

Reactions: Charlie Farley
any side pics of the splitter mate?

Reactions: CraigRE
Sorry for late reply..phone played up
How about these
Collage 2016 03 09 19 37 45

Reactions: DrStrange and Dani_B19
I like the full utilization of black tape, used that method aswell, didn't think about the multi bucket and 5 litre container enhanced positioning & support method though, good one chap.....

Cheers :)
I think the spliter makes the front end look allot better

Replaced all interior lights with led,have to say it looks very nice and a tad classier too. The only one I can't get out is the glovebox one. It's doing my head in. Has any one ever replaced the bulb in the glove box?? Also done the number plate lights too,they turned out a bit too bright so I may get new ones. I've had team beko wind deflectors in my boot for over a year now.i just can't seem to fit the clips no matter how hard I push grrrrr

Finally decided to have my thermostat changed today, in my ownership I've never seen the car sit at 90 degrees, it's always been 70 or under
last year when I got the timing belt done I got a new thermostat done. As long as I'm moving my car never goes over 50 degrees

last year when I got the timing belt done I got a new thermostat done. As long as I'm moving my car never goes over 50 degrees

You have an issue there somewhere, when up to temperature they should be sitting at 90 degrees even when on the move

I have fitted the Q5 style rear wiper arm and blade, works much better then the original one.

You have an issue there somewhere, when up to temperature they should be sitting at 90 degrees even when on the move
if i sit in traffic or very slow moving traffic it will rise to 90,the minute im able to do 30mph or above the neddle drops slowly to 50degrees. Ive let the car tick over for an hour and it sits at 90degrees no problems. The mechanic told me that cars shouldnt be sitting at 90 all the time. When he changed the thermostat he checked the fans and they were not kicking in as they shouldve been,since then drive,sits at 50 still in traffic rises to 90

Thanks Dan.....they were lighter in colour until I put three coats of sealant and two coats of wax on to them. I like the colour they are now.