My car has finally arrived .......

going back to the older s3, the 180 bhp had colour coded mirrors and the 225 had chrome, just to let people know you was packing 45 more horses in the stable !!

Back in 2001 I had a 225 TT that was a bit more obvious with the extra pipe out the back.

Reactions: Jassyo06, pburv and mike price
Well that's alienated a few of our A3 chums but broadly I agree! The chrome gives it that little bit more panache ..................a little je ne sais quoi.......................

attribimg-3151-full-1W7K_TE5V_8Y28_DPWB_Terry-Thomas.jpg
Lol...:friends:

Reactions: Pizza_man and Rob2k68
Looking good Mike :sunglasses: and exactly how mine would have looked if it hadn't been for all this facelift nonsense..

Probably get mine about November ready for the salty roads :disrelieved:

Reactions: mike price and Rob2k68
apparently the mudflaps have to be modified to fit and audi will not fit them

Reactions: Rob2k68, SW14NY'S and Simon L
Well Mike hope ye had a most excellent day mate....

not going to mention you know what..?.the deeds is done......stick around Chrome Dome....A jist coudny resist...Eh...lol

Reactions: mike price, Rob2k68, SW14NY'S and 2 others
apparently the mudflaps have to be modified to fit and audi will not fit them

They're probably customising the size Mike, make sure yer fully protected...............................:whistle2:

dec2009036.jpg

Reactions: pburv, Rob2k68, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
the way i see it the a Bog standard a3 they comes as standard with black outlines, this is a s3 not some cheap a3 and the chrome defines this.

want black buy a a3 tdi lol
I have a TDI A3 and it doesn't have black. It has chrome. Oh dear! You better go change your S3 so it doesn't look bog standard. Extension of something springs to mind. :blahblah1::blahblah1::blahblah1::whistle2::whistle2::whistle2:

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Simon L
must be a high spec a3 tdi, nothing against the a3 diesel at all im just saying its no S3, and no extention needed :blush:

I have a TDI A3 and it doesn't have black. It has chrome. Oh dear! You better go change your S3 so it doesn't look bog standard. Extension of something springs to mind. :blahblah1::blahblah1::blahblah1::whistle2::whistle2::whistle2:

So whats yer point caller...lol

Reactions: Scottyg
Oh boy, there's some handbags swingin' around in here for sure....................!! lol

Reactions: Jassyo06
Oh boy, there's some handbags swingin' around in here for sure....................!! lol

its la snooty forum at times mate....Saloon v Sportsback v Hatcback S3 v S-line there's no need for it....

Notice l put put the Hispanic slant on me post...with....La...lol

Reactions: Scottyg and Simon L
its la snooty forum at times mate....Saloon v Sportsback v Hatcback S3 v S-line there's no need for it....

Totally agree mate.............Sportsback and Hatchback shouldn't be in the same sentence as saloon though bud.......................:whistle2:

Reactions: SW14NY'S, Scottyg and Jassyo06
You two put your handbags away tonight!

**** that Scott...am gonna clean the english fooka oot..Glasgow Kiss is headin towards Simone's Bru...lol

Reactions: SW14NY'S, pburv, Scottyg and 1 other person
3 weeks to my op and then I'll be fine! No more pills!! :blink::blink:
Are you having a hysterectomy Scotty ??.........:whistle2:
Thought I would lighten the mood a little...:haha:

Reactions: Scottyg and Simon L
Very nice :D

So what's the plan with the mudflaps? Are they going to alter them or have they left you to do that yourself?

leave the mudflaps for now. i dont want a bodged job on the car really and as said audi paint is more sturdy than vauxhall so should last better, ie not one month lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Rob2k68 and Gazjs
leave the mudflaps for now. i dont want a bodged job on the car really and as said audi paint is more sturdy than vauxhall so should last better, ie not one month lol

If you were really worried about road rash etc ... Then another option could be to go for the clear plastic protector sheets in certain locations. (I can't remember the exact name of them sorry)

Reactions: Rob2k68
If you were really worried about road rash etc ... Then another option could be to go for the clear plastic protector sheets in certain locations. (I can't remember the exact name of them sorry)

Paint protection film or sometimes called helicopter tape.

Reactions: Gazjs