Fitting guide for rs4 fuel return valve ???

Hookmonster

Reaction score
Ive searched and searched for a guide on how to fit an RS4 fuel return valve.. on an s3 8p am i missing it somewhere ?

Cheers

Has anybody done this themselves ? Ive just ordered a couple of crowfoot spanners, but any advice would be nice ???

When i had my mechanic do it for me. It was simply pain in the @ss to do. one of the worst things ive done to the car lol.

Best of luck

Reactions: Hookmonster
I didn't bother trying to install it without taking my intake manifold off as its very very tight fit.
The worst part of the whole process is actually taking off the manifold lol

I agree.. ill be doing it with the manifold on and a couple of crowfoot spanners... hopefully thatll go easier..

Reactions: Mario8P
Awkward but doable with crows foot spanners. About an hour ish job

When they say use crowfoot spanners do they mean the sort that fit on your ratchet (3.8th) or full legnth spanner with crowfoot end ?

DIYs I have read describe using the crowfoot spanner plus extensions for 3/8 ratchet. Just using a " bent spanner" will not give enough leverage.

Peter

Crows foot for use with a 3/8 ratchet is what you will need

Well what a pain in the @#s that job was.. crowfoot would hardly get a grip due to the super tight place its in.. stud on the right and pipe on the left didnt help.. 2 hours here and a sore hand... but its in.

Reactions: Mario8P
Um I am wanting to do this , sounds ****** awkward though .