Fitting rs4 grill (number plate holder)

Clone

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been covered I can't find anything relating to it. I'm currently using Scottishs3 thread to change from S line to rs4 grill. Going well so far but I can't seem to work out how to attach the number plate holder to the grill. Anyone done this before and could perhaps shed some light?

Thanks

Yea it came separately, to be honest I think they sent me the wrong part- they sell other grills so perhaps from one of those. Managed to make it fit just wasted a lot of time trying, hopefully it stays on!

Can you put a pic up of the rear of the holder, and did it come other parts.... Such as diamond shaped clips? I have fitted a fair few RS4 style grilles and some of the holders do come with different fitments

It had 5 half diamond shaped clips at the back but they didn't match up with the honeycomb on the grill. Managed to get it on anyway, thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20160317_182836.jpg
    IMG_20160317_182836.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 443
Reactions: ScottishA4B9, Chop. and Macdoon
It had 5 half diamond shaped clips at the back but they didn't match up with the honeycomb on the grill. Managed to get it on anyway, thanks

How did you get it on in the end mate, having the same problem haha

If its similar to mine, the plate holder has moulded tabs that locate into the diamond shape of the grill. Because of the vertical alignment of the diamond shapes on the grille isnt parallel, the holder only seemed to fit in one position. However, as I wanted to cut the holder down by around 4" ( 100mm) to suit narrower plate I have, then used the remaining 4 locatiom tabs, had to modify these slightly to sit centrally at the height I wanted on the grill. I drilled some 4mm holes through the tabs near to the inner face of the plate holder and used some cable ties to ensure it stayed where I wanted it ! Originally, I think the plate holder is designed to clip on and off for a cleaner look when required ;)

Reactions: Ginge247