No RS3 orders being taken

I have thought about a map, but it's not worth voiding the warranty IMO. I'm sure moving up from a 1.4TFSi to this will keep me happy for quite a while yet. It would have to be a very good tuning box, I will see what comes out down the line as this 310ps revision has only been out a few months.

The only thing missing from a driving aspect is the noise factor, Audi have tried to implement a few crackles with the update but it's not the same as the animal in the RS3, never would be.
The pre FL S3 was a cracker so I'm sure this one will be even better mate. Enjoy pal.

Reactions: 45bvtc and AudiNutta
It was gutting, but I've given up on the RS and I am glad I have on reflection.. I would have been paying far too much for a car that wasn't right, shouldn't be compromising on a £45k car, used and a demonstrator at that!

I'm very happy with the S3 for now, a nice looking car and the FL has done a lot for it with a more aggressive front end, so it will actually look different to my S Line 8V which the pre-facelift wouldn't have.

It's not Daytona, that's a few people tricked on that one now ;) It's Nano Grey, it's a dark Nardo by effect but is a metallic colour, up close.

Roll on Tuesday!!!!

It's a good looking car and you are going to have a lot of fun in it for shure :), enjoy it. I also like the 4 pipe tail, nice.

Reactions: AudiNutta
It was gutting, but I've given up on the RS and I am glad I have on reflection.. I would have been paying far too much for a car that wasn't right, shouldn't be compromising on a £45k car, used and a demonstrator at that!

I'm very happy with the S3 for now, a nice looking car and the FL has done a lot for it with a more aggressive front end, so it will actually look different to my S Line 8V which the pre-facelift wouldn't have.

It's not Daytona, that's a few people tricked on that one now ;) It's Nano Grey, it's a dark Nardo by effect but is a metallic colour, up close.

Roll on Tuesday!!!!

Great choice! I'm sure you will be happy with that and maybe keep it instead of the RS3 FL. The best colour choice for the S3 and I'm loving them wheels are they the upgraded ones?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 45bvtc
Great choice! I'm sure you will be happy with that and maybe keep it instead of the RS3 FL. The best colour choice for the S3 and I'm loving them wheels are they the upgraded ones?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe I will, but I'm sure a test drive will win me over ;)

Yes it's a great colour, it makes it stand out that little bit more. They are the upgraded ones, the 18's were far too small on the car so I am very glad this one has the 19's.

Reactions: 45bvtc
I have thought about a map, but it's not worth voiding the warranty IMO.

Leave it STD and just drive it harder and for sure it'll be as quick as you need (and that's me comparing my neighbour's similar to your S3 with my RS3).

And well done; a good decision (and about time :readit: ) and a GREAT choice.

Drive safe and enjoy...
smileyfaceapplausegif_zps0lew9opx.gif

Leave it STD and just drive it harder and for sure it'll be as quick as you need (and that's me comparing my neighbour's similar to your S3 with my RS3).

And well done; a good decision (and about time :readit: ) and a GREAT choice.

Drive safe and enjoy...
smileyfaceapplausegif_zps0lew9opx.gif

Thanks bvtc! I am sure it will be great fun. I have hd an S3 on loan for 2 days after the RS3, once you get in tune with it you can have a lot of fun and it still makes a very good noise on it's own scale.

It has taken time, the RS just wasn't going to happen right now and if it did, the car would have been far from what I wanted so decided not to buy one for the sake of it.

Collection at 3pm, I am on pins.. can't wait!! Had a sneak peak at it yesterday in the valet bay, haven't stopped smiling since.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and 45bvtc
Thanks bvtc! I am sure it will be great fun. I have hd an S3 on loan for 2 days after the RS3, once you get in tune with it you can have a lot of fun and it still makes a very good noise on it's own scale.

It has taken time, the RS just wasn't going to happen right now and if it did, the car would have been far from what I wanted so decided not to buy one for the sake of it.

Collection at 3pm, I am on pins.. can't wait!! Had a sneak peak at it yesterday in the valet bay, haven't stopped smiling since.

GOOD! GREAT! And that's how it should be.

Take it from me it's best not having 'the best' at such and early age as you've nothing left to aim for; and now you have a superb Audi S3 motor car and as you well know some will argue (though not me...) equal to an RS3.

Enjoy what you have for now AudiNutta and keep on smiling and contributing to audi-sport.net...
Cartoon_car_2.gif

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
Thanks for that, means a lot!!

I am sat in the showroom on the edge of my seat, waiting for the finishing touches to be applied.. I cannot wait to set eyes on it!

Reactions: ComputerControlled, Radman, Snake Pliskin and 2 others

Roll on Tuesday!!!!
Congrats dude! Is that Coventry Audi by the way?

Thanks for that, means a lot!!

I am sat in the showroom on the edge of my seat, waiting for the finishing touches to be applied.. I cannot wait to set eyes on it!

Get a thread started on the S3 forum, plenty of pics too please!

Get a thread started on the S3 forum, plenty of pics too please!

I definitely will soon. I have a busy day tomorrow but will try and go take some good photos and get a thread going, if not it will be next week as I am in work all weekend.. :( haha!

One positive of being in work is I get to drive the S3 every morning, loving every second of it!!

Reactions: Vins and Spaceman_RS3
I definitely will soon. I have a busy day tomorrow but will try and go take some good photos and get a thread going, if not it will be next week as I am in work all weekend.. :( haha!

One positive of being in work is I get to drive the S3 every morning, loving every second of it!!

Congratulations kid l am very pleased for you,its a cracking looking car....dont remap nothing the S3 is fast enough for anyone

Reactions: Radman
Congratulations kid l am very pleased for you,its a cracking looking car....dont remap nothing the S3 is fast enough for anyone

Thanks very much! It's stunning, the photos don't do the colour justice. It changes in different lights like you wouldn't believe.

I will definitely be avoiding a remap for now, as tempting at 370hp sounds. The car is very quick as it is, as an everyday driver it is a very impressive prospect and I cam't get enough of driving it!! Covered just 300 miles since Tuesday though, god knows how so little. I found it awful difficult to put it in the garage after work tonight, a much deserved drive tomorrow I feel... god help my wallet ;)

Reactions: Jassyo06
Ask to test drive a tuners own mapped car that has 370bhp and 400lb ft of torque. You may be turned... ;)

Thanks very much! It's stunning, the photos don't do the colour justice. It changes in different lights like you wouldn't believe.

I will definitely be avoiding a remap for now, as tempting at 370hp sounds. The car is very quick as it is, as an everyday driver it is a very impressive prospect and I cam't get enough of driving it!! Covered just 300 miles since Tuesday though, god knows how so little. I found it awful difficult to put it in the garage after work tonight, a much deserved drive tomorrow I feel... god help my wallet ;)
Glad you got what you wanted pal. Enjoy!

Reactions: Jassyo06 and AudiNutta
You may be pleasantly surprised. It put my insurance up £100 or so.

Reactions: Jassyo06
Get a dtuk/JB1/4 box :) warranty safe and nearly as good gains as a remap. Although a proper tune will always be better that's for sure.

Hi guys and gals, not sure if anyone saw this yet, and sorry to crow bar open the sportback/saloon debate! I saw the new Audi Sport advert on TV last night and it would appear to show a Nardo RS3 Sportback. I just thought this was an intriguing choice as its not a currently available model?

Thus my mind got to thinking perhaps they are going to make a new SB and not just the saloon after all? I mean they have already announced the RS3 Saloon, so on a why not basis, would they not have just used that in the advert???

have a look and see what you think!

Reactions: Radman
There is no RS3 in that advert.

TX.

happy to stand corrected i thought it was the gray car, you see it in silhouette,at around 15 seconds, turning to the right around 27 seconds and lastly bringing up the rear 48 seconds

RSQ3 ;) they do look similar, my mate has one.

TX.

ah yes wheel arch is dead giveaway in the last scene - still an odd choice nonetheless - not sure many people buy the RSQ3 as a track car

Anyways, i'll get back to cycling through to dynamic mode...

Reactions: Jassyo06, Radman and Terminator x
Hi guys and gals, not sure if anyone saw this yet, and sorry to crow bar open the sportback/saloon debate! I saw the new Audi Sport advert on TV last night and it would appear to show a Nardo RS3 Sportback. I just thought this was an intriguing choice as its not a currently available model?

Thus my mind got to thinking perhaps they are going to make a new SB and not just the saloon after all? I mean they have already announced the RS3 Saloon, so on a why not basis, would they not have just used that in the advert???

have a look and see what you think!

No, The current SB was a limited edition.
Only S3 saloon lookalikes are to be introduced now.